Tell us which course is your Home course

Can you have several home courses? What is defined as a home course? Just the course that you are a member of? :confused2:

My home course is; Etna Acres. It is a nice 18 hole rural Indiana course which means very fair prices. The front nine is a traditional layout with narrow fairways, lots of trees, some water and very small greens. The back nine, is links style with wide fairways, some water and foregving sized greens. We get two worlds in one course.

My home course:
The Signature at West Neck
signatureatwestneck.com

Along with our sister course (members are members of both).
Bay Creek
baycreek.net

Arnold Palmer designs on both, Nicklaus design at Bay Creek.

When I was growing up, my parents were members at Yellowstone CC here in Billings, MT, so that is where I hacked my way around when I wasn't busy playing baseball. It's a beautiful old course that is tucked under the "Rims" which is a 15 mile long 300 ft tall sandstone cliff that borders the northern end of town. I still get out there occasionally, but can't afford my own membership (yet).

Now my home course is about 5 miles down the road at the Peter Yegen Jr GC. It's a family owned public course with a close knit customer base.

I'm also lucky enough to spend a couple weeks in Nuevo Vallarta every winter, and when I'm down there I play El Tigre GC

Crystal Springs is my home course.

I also play occasionally at Stanford when I feel spendy. (I'd be happy to host any THP members in the area and interested).

My home course is Sewickley Heights Golf Club. It's a great, challenging and mature track in the Pittsburgh suburbs.

Sewickley Height Golf Club

My home course is Glen Arbour - not a bad little track - I find the par 4's kinda short. There are only 2 that I haven't driven (#1 and #10) from the white tees.
Green fees are a little crazy - but I can sign people in for way less than the posted rate.

My home course in Northampton, England is Collingtree Park golf club.
It was designed by Johnny Miller and opened in 1990 so relatively new. The British Masters were held here in 1995 & 1996. It's a fairly tough course but enjoyable nonetheless.
I play at Woburn about 2 or 3 times a year as it is 20 minutes away and have also had the pleasure of playing a round at the Belfry.
My Mother in Law lives about 30 minutes away from St Andrews - Home of Golf in Scotland so I am eyeing my way into seeing if I can get a round up there not before long.

Last edited:
Re: Tell us which course is your Home course

MO_Hacker said:
I heard a spot for The National on one of the sports talk shows here locally, sounds like they have a pretty good deal on memberships right now! I'm hoping to get out to play there sometime this year.

that is for The Deuce. it is on the same property as The National. designed by Watson's team. seperate clubhouse and membership. and it's a deal! I'll be at the show next weekend....stop by and we can give you details.

Isn't the Deuce the old Windbrook course? I played that one back in about '92 or '93.

that is for The Deuce. it is on the same property as The National. designed by Watson's team. seperate clubhouse and membership. and it's a deal! I'll be at the show next weekend....stop by and we can give you details.

Well carp I just saw you posted this, I didn't make it to the show this year. I was wondering if The Deuce was a separate club. Can you PM me some more info on the membership offer?

My home course is now UNM South. I have upgraded from college where I played the student 9 often UNM North since it was only $13 per round with cart. Hoping that this year is profitable enough that I can join one of the local clubs.

Westchase Golf Club

www.westchasegc.com

But their are 10 courses within 15 minutes of my home.

Nice course JB. I've played there on a few of my winter FL golf trips. We usually fly into TPA. Pretty cheap on SW and direct.

We like to go up to Worldwoods, and Southern Hills. Played The Dunes for the first time in Feb. Nice track as well and you can't beat the price.

Rattlesnake Ridge Golf Club. http://www.rrgolfclub.com

Best deal in Central Ohio for a private club IMHO.

Great greens, always challenging. Good shape.

Re: Tell us which course is your Home course

Smallville said:
Isn't the Deuce the old Windbrook course? I played that one back in about '92 or '93.

sorry smalls....I just missed that post. sorry.

yes.... a portion is from windbrook. I'm not familiar with the windbrook layout so I can't tell you which holes.

if you KC boys want a round at my course...after I heal, I'll hook it up

Last edited:
Back