Tenputt’s Handicap Reduction Contest

I'm not sure that I understand the math. What if I drop my index from a 0.6 to a +0.6 What's my percentage drop? 200%?? I think we need a baseline of something like a GHIN of +7 as the absolute lowest index for the math to work out.

Screen Shot 2019-10-23 at 7.23.04 PM.png

I'm not sure that I understand the math. What if I drop my index from a 0.6 to a +0.6 What's my percentage drop? 200%?? I think we need a baseline of something like a GHIN of +7 as the absolute lowest index for the math to work out.

View attachment 8912053

I thought about those who are close to scratch or even have a positive index, like you or @Canadan. I am not sure the math works either, but I don’t know how to fix it. Anybody else have any thoughts?

I thought about those who are close to scratch or even have a positive index, like you or @Canadan. I am not sure the math works either, but I don’t know how to fix it. Anybody else have any thoughts?

I think it would be like 0.2 strokes for a 30% improvement. I’m not sure how hard that is at that level, it might be a fair test, it might not be.

I’ll play, good luck!

3950771C-090B-49A8-9EA1-87294112EEDE.png

Hey, @Tenputt. How’s this going?

I am working on my swing, but our handicap system is shut down for the winter. I am pretty confident that I will come out firing, though. I have been working with an instructor on swing path and I am very hopeful it will pay off.

I am working on my swing, but our handicap system is shut down for the winter. I am pretty confident that I will come out firing, though. I have been working with an instructor on swing path and I am very hopeful it will pay off.
Crazy that VA is all year round but you all aren’t! Ok, wanted a check in for motivation!

I expect MASSIVE things out of you this year.

This thing still open for entries? :)

Sounds good lets do it. My 2020 goal has be droping by almost 40% so should waltz into this one :rolleyes:!
1579121044951.png

Thanks for offering, do I pay your Albatross if I lose? ;).
ei
Colorado Golf Association Newsletter
Dwight Stanford
GHIN Number: 3056178

01/15/2020 Index Information:
12.0 HANDICAP INDEX

LOW H.I: 12.0

Ok, for self motivation and competition, I am going to sponsor a contest. My GHIN index is currently 5.7. I am posting a screenshot of my current index. My goal is to get below a 4 in 2020, which would be an approximately 30% drop in my index.

Here is the contest. Whoever wants to enter must post proof of his/her current index. Next year at this time, I will pay for the Albatross membership for the three THPers who improve their index more than I and are also the three who achieve the greatest percentage improvement.

I hope that made sense. If the new handicap system being implemented impacts the way this can be measured fairly, we will figure out something that is fair.

Count me in at 11.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200115-151509_TheGrint.jpg
    Screenshot_20200115-151509_TheGrint.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 6
Thanks for offering, do I pay your Albatross if I lose? ;).
ei
Colorado Golf Association Newsletter
Dwight Stanford
GHIN Number: 3056178

01/15/2020 Index Information:
12.0HANDICAP INDEX

LOW H.I: 12.0

Ha ha. This simply motivates me to come in first, so I don’t pay for anybody. Slim odds, though, for me.

Just joined the community so coming in late. For fairness back in October I was 10.8 though. Screenshot_20200126-023304.png

Although not in the contest, I am SO going to be watching this thread :cool:

Great Idea. And great way to motivate everyone to post their scores and improve their game.

Unfortunately, honestly my personal Handicap is headed in the wrong direction. Even after the changes in the New World Handicap System. Which seems to improve our Handicap seemingly overnight

Congratulations on your progress to everyone who chooses to participate. :drinks::drinks:

I played last Thursday to a terrible 103, my worst round in 2 months. It did not change my HC one bit.

That is a great idea and a great gesture!

Can I still get in. I do not have an official handy cap as of yet plan on getting on in the spring didnt record enough 18 hole scores last year when i first started. I shoot in the mid 90's im about 10 over for 9

Can I still get in. I do not have an official handy cap as of yet plan on getting on in the spring didnt record enough 18 hole scores last year when i first started. I shoot in the mid 90's im about 10 over for 9

You can get in for sure, but you do have to belong to an organization that will track your index. You don’t have to have 18 scores, just fyi.

You can get in for sure, but you do have to belong to an organization that will track your index. You don’t have to have 18 scores, just fyi.
i do have grit account. getting more official this spring with a Ghin

Back