Anyone that likes sipping bourbon should give Hornitos Black Barrel tequila a try.

I read that you can make an old fashioned with it. So I tried it. It's pretty darned good!

Plus it's on the sane side of tequila prices.

From Total wine.com:
Starts as a premium, aged Anejo, then spends four months in deep charred oak barrels to give it rich, smoky flavor and a golden amber color. It spends an additional two months in specially toasted barrels for more depth and distinct complexity.

757212b73867068baf078f7f95cb3016.jpg

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Quality engagement.

Anyone that likes sipping bourbon should give Hornitos Black Barrel tequila a try.

I read that you can make an old fashioned with it. So I tried it. It's pretty darned good!

Plus it's on the sane side of tequila prices.
757212b73867068baf078f7f95cb3016.jpg

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
Hornitos black barrel is definitely some of the best from them. The regular Hornitos I think lacks something over some other options, but the black barrel is good. Never thought to try to make an old fashioned with it...did you use just regular bitters? Or a specific flavor?

For the last 2 years its been Avion for me. A little cheaper than Patron and I think its better

Well I enjoyed the tequila ocho. My buddy will not be switching over any time soon, One glass was good enough for him! I've had a couple glasses and I like it, very smooth. I think the herradura was a touch sweeter, I like them both.

I still like my bourbon so I won't be switching over completely but I do like the high end tequila.20200306_175456.jpg

Man that place looks good. I would have to think he's at least ok with it haha

Rocco's Tacos is awesome!

Funny story was that last time I was there, I turned around and Brian Gay was sitting right behind me. Great guy!

Well I picked up another bottle today, Adictivo. It's good, smooth, the sweetest one I've tried. A very good tequila, no burn at all.

I think my favorite so far.

In a cool bottle!

Well I picked up another bottle today, Adictivo. It's good, smooth, the sweetest one I've tried. A very good tequila, no burn at all.

I think my favorite so far.

In a cool bottle!
Forgot the picture.

20200411_140411.jpg

If your a tequila fan you need to try these!! I prefer añejo

69047FD3-6588-4241-89C7-F34F835404BF.pngCFDC0307-DB72-4BE1-9F7B-F2507C58A5F1.png

Me and Tequila do not get along. It's ok in mixed drinks, just not straight.

I'm sorry if there's already a Tequila thread out there. I checked but did not find one. I'm a bourbon drinker but have some friends that have recently started to drink tequila. My tequila experience ranges from El Toro to Jose Cuervo!

Last week while on vacation I stopped in a cigar bar, instead of having my usual bourbon I ask them to recommend a good tequila. They poured me a Herradura, I found it to be very smooth, I liked it. I think I will pick up a bottle!

Are there any tequila connoisseurs out there? What do you recommend?
My favorite is the Herradura and Corralejo... White is junk use it for mixed frozen drinks, blue is for rocks drinks and red is the aged for sipping.
corralejo-tequila-review.jpg

Espolõn Blanco is my go to usually.

I also picked up some Banhez Mezcal

Oh my , how did I miss this thread?

I love a good sipping tequila and the best one I have tried is Don Julio 1942. It's rather pricey at around $130-140 for a 750ml bottle, but it is oh so good!

don_julio_1942_with_box__95266.1527712521.png

I'm just not a fan... I had friends in Mexico that would travel to Guadalajara, the Tequila capitol of the world, and bring back their version of "the best". It's still just Tequila to me, although much smoother.

The one exception was at the artist Frank Arnold's house. He opens up his entire home and art studio every Thursday night (in Winter/Spring) in San Jose del Cabo for the Art Walk. He also serves shots of a pomegranate Tequila that is truly out of this world; I could sip on that stuff every day!

If you are on a budget try Lunazul. It comes in a blanco & reposado. Around $15... surprisingly good for that price.
lunazul-4.png

Anyone try Cincoro yet? Wondering if it’s worth the money. Especially the Anejo. At around $150.

For just a basic one to keep on hand I’ve been quite happy with the Milagro reposado. It reasonably priced and pretty good.

Ditto on the 1942 but with a single cube to bring it down slightly in temp

I am really craving a topic Chico and tequila.

I tried the Tequila Silver from Costco this weekend. Here is my review:

I generally don’t like tequila. I had a few shots of it. The lime wedge I had after each shot was very tart.

Back