Decided to try different Tequilas. First one is a beauty, smooth and great taste. El Padrino Anejo. Used to drink Tequila back in the day and liked Anejo.

7 24 20 Tequila.jpg

They said on the news its National Tequila Day.
Have a shot of Hornitos sauza soaking up some lime slices for about ten minutes. Time to add ice.
Ole! :cool:(y)
Edit: That was damn good. (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Last edited:
my wife and I don't get too fancy with our tequila. we have been enjoying sauza blue with a store bought mix. our favorite mix was Costco (without the alcohol) but we can't find it any more. then we were enjoying agua lima, but again couldn't find it any longer so have been doing tres agaves. gets the job done.

but our favorite margarita is made at la hacienda de san angel in epcot: the san angel inn. casa dragones blanco, orange liqueur, agave nectar, and lime juice. bought all the ingredients over the weekend and found a recipe online, and holy crap is it ever good. $75 for the casa dragones blanco is pretty steep, but it will last us awhile.

I keep a large bottle of Hornitos Plata (blanca tequila) for mixed drinks, and also rotate bottles of Anejo for sipping. Currently, I'm working through a really good bottle of Cazadores Anejo. I've probably purchased and finished 20 different bottles of Anejo tequila through the years, and the Cazadores is my favorite so far.

I'm going to share my margarita recipe. I get rave reviews from everyone who tries them.

1.75L - Bottle Jose Cuervo Margarita Mix

375ML - Premium Tequila (I usually just use Patron Blanco)

5 oz. - Grand Marnier

3 oz. - Orange Rum (Bacardi O or equivalent)

6 oz. - Pulp Free Orange Juice

Finally got to try Cincoro Anejo. It was really good but I think you can get same or better quality for cheaper.
bb2bffe667489c3916362ac91184a6dc.jpg

Was at the liquor store today to get tequila for some margaritas and saw this

44336EC2-0525-42CC-A9FF-B799C1719D29.jpeg76B526C1-D175-4CE5-B9CF-C090CB8DA546.jpeg

Fairly new to the whole tequila thing, but want to get more into it. I’ve been drinking teremana for a while, but today the kid /wife bought me a bottle of Casamigos. Wow! There’s a lot going on here, but it’s a fantastic tequila (the view of a tequila novice that wants to learn more)
2D5D44D0-F0DC-4D93-87EF-E99271DBED4F.jpeg

we have landed on casa dragones blanco as our tequila of choice. my wife doesn’t care for añejo, and i like the dragones a lot. we do a simple margarita with 1oz fresh lime juice, 1T blue agave syrup, 1oz grand marnier, and 2oz tequila. we’ve done casamigos and some others, but always come back to the dragones.

I'm sorry if there's already a Tequila thread out there. I checked but did not find one. I'm a bourbon drinker but have some friends that have recently started to drink tequila. My tequila experience ranges from El Toro to Jose Cuervo!

Last week while on vacation I stopped in a cigar bar, instead of having my usual bourbon I ask them to recommend a good tequila. They poured me a Herradura, I found it to be very smooth, I liked it. I think I will pick up a bottle!

Are there any tequila connoisseurs out there? What do you recommend?

I'm hardly a connoisseur, but a few years ago, after a round of golf and at a nearby Mexican restaurant, my buddy bought me a double shot of El Patron silver. Halfway through the meal I tried a sip, and what a revelation it was! A tequila where I didn't have to suck a lime after drinking as an "anti puke device"!

My first tequila experience was with El Toro, which has to be the most God awful rotgut that you can put in your mouth!

I've read that if there is a worm in the bottom of the bottle, that it is not Tequila, it is Mezcal!

I'm hardly a connoisseur, but a few years ago, after a round of golf and at a nearby Mexican restaurant, my buddy bought me a double shot of El Patron silver. Halfway through the meal I tried a sip, and what a revelation it was! A tequila where I didn't have to suck a lime after drinking as an "anti puke device"!

My first tequila experience was with El Toro, which has to be the most God awful rotgut that you can put in your mouth!

I've read that if there is a worm in the bottom of the bottle, that it is not Tequila, it is Mezcal!
This one is technically a mezcal and not a tequila. Though all tequilas are mezcals. 🤷‍♂️

I found a new tequila, this Padre Azul is absolutely incredible! It's so smooth, I really love it.20210623_193600.jpg

Not an expert but I know what I like and right now I’m sipping on a newly openef bottle of Espolon Reposado. Enjoyable change of pace from a bourbon or rye.

I had to wait 3 months to get hold of this but the wait was worth it. The smoothest tequila I’ve had by a mile! Love it! Way too good to go in margarita's. This one’s a sipper!
1DFCE51F-6EC8-489D-A321-E6DA9FBF3C87.jpeg

Totally forgot that I bought tequila when I was in Cabo in December. Will give my tasting notes tomorrow. Clear Extra Anejo

16453342577103243549093061952303.jpg

I had to wait 3 months to get hold of this but the wait was worth it. The smoothest tequila I’ve had by a mile! Love it! Way too good to go in margarita's. This one’s a sipper!
View attachment 9068675
I got a bottle of that for my birthday a couple of years ago. Very good, especially for the price.

Totally forgot that I bought tequila when I was in Cabo in December. Will give my tasting notes tomorrow. Clear Extra Anejo

View attachment 9068678
Finally tasted this. It has a very hearty mouth feel. Very smooth. Has a peppery taste to it. Not the best extra anejo I have had but not bad.

Back