I would love Phil to host this thing but that isn't happening.
I think Sam Jackson would be an excellent ******* host.

"C'mon ************, we ain't got all day."

Interesting. I like the idea and will enjoy seeing how this progresses. One, they partnered with the PGA TOUR. I like that. Two, I hope it is built around an actual business model rather than going down the LIV route. I can support that.

Interesting. I like the idea and will enjoy seeing how this progresses. One, they partnered with the PGA TOUR. I like that. Two, I hope it is built around an actual business model rather than going down the LIV route. I can support that.
I'm not sure this can be compared to LIV (unless LIV is doing a sim golf thing I don't know of.)

I would so much rather see Tiger HOST this, not participate.

He's incredibly dull while playing in most of the matches.
Completely agree. Maybe after the first year that is the plan?!?!?!.

I'm not sure this can be compared to LIV (unless LIV is doing a sim golf thing I don't know of.)

That's fair. I do wonder if this is one case where LIV is pushing the PGA TOUR and its supporters to grow in new ways. That's the connection I imagined as I read this.

Wait, if LIV is exhibition then what is this other than a video game. What happen to tradition? Are they getting OWGR?

Hard pass.

Wait, if LIV is exhibition then what is this other than a video game. What happen to tradition? Are they getting OWGR?

Hard pass.

It’s literally just for entertainment. They aren’t trying to take players from a tour or get world points. You are acting like golf simulators are new. If they are simply doing a show for fun who cares?

If they are simply doing a show for fun who cares?

You mean money.
They're doing a show for money.

You know, that thing that makes LIV so bad, because golf isn't all about the money; It's about the traditions and legacies that exist in the annals of video game arena history.

Last edited:
Just what we needed, more sarcasm and passive aggressiveness.

Hard pass.
You mean money.
They're doing a show for money.

You know, that thing that makes LIV so bad, because golf isn't all about the money; It's about the traditions and legacies that exist in the annuls of video game arena history.
This has nothing to do with LIV. There is a thread for that and this isn't it.

If someone can’t see the difference between the two or actually think the two are in any way comparable I don’t know what to tell them tbh.

I'm not sure anyone said this has anything to do with LIV. I was simply responding to someones comment that was made in this thread. Not sure why people are getting so butt hurt over things that don't affect them in any way, shape, or form.

My point, which has nothing to do with LIV, is that this video game show (or virtual tour, or whatever they're going to call it) is nothing more than a great way for these guys to make more money. Certainly not "let's do this for fun." It's not difficult to draw comparisons, and point out hypocrisies. I'll leave that to the viewers.

I'm not sure anyone said this has anything to do with LIV. I was simply responding to someones comment that was made in this thread. Not sure why people are getting so butt hurt over things that don't affect them in any way, shape, or form.

My point, which has nothing to do with LIV, is that this video game show (or virtual tour, or whatever they're going to call it) is nothing more than a great way for these guys to make more money. Certainly not "let's do this for fun." It's not difficult to draw comparisons, and point out hypocrisies. I'll leave that to the viewers.
This is satire right? You were responding to the post made of someone who was directly responding to a comment referencing LIV. I quoted the original comment and your comment which referenced LIV both in my reply. I have no problem with LIV but everything doesn't revolve around LIV. This is more comparable to "The Match" series than LIV.

As for your point, whatever it is I and many others will check it out. I think it can be fun and entertaining and I will be a viewer to check it out. If you do or don't that is ok.

This is satire right? You were responding to the post made of someone who was directly responding to a comment referencing LIV. I quoted the original comment and your comment which referenced LIV both in my reply. I have no problem with LIV but everything doesn't revolve around LIV. This is more comparable to "The Match" series than LIV.

As for your point, whatever it is I and many others will check it out. I think it can be fun and entertaining and I will be a viewer to check it out. If you do or don't that is ok.
I'll watch the pilot to see what it does, but it's hard for me to see it as anything more than a money grab. As I've been saying in this thread since its inception, I think they're going to need to find a way to make this interesting to a prime time audience. Golf personalities, for the most part, are dull at best. I suspect this will end up like an over-produced version of that awful Top Golf show Golf Channel ran a few years back.

I hope I'm wrong, as I want as much golf on tv as possible. I'm just having a tough time imagining this one growing legs.

I'll watch the pilot to see what it does, but it's hard for me to see it as anything more than a money grab. As I've been saying in this thread since its inception, I think they're going to need to find a way to make this interesting to a prime time audience. Golf personalities, for the most part, are dull at best. I suspect this will end up like an over-produced version of that awful Top Golf show Golf Channel ran a few years back.

I hope I'm wrong, as I want as much golf on tv as possible. I'm just having a tough time imagining this one growing legs.
Oh there is no doubt it could be terrible and a flop. I am hoping with the live audience it adds a little. I absolutely agree they need to add some personalities to make it interesting. The last Match had the star power and night golf is cool but lacked substance. I am hoping they embrace the crowd noise and build an atmosphere that is completely different from any tour. But we shall see.

How often do we have players actually interactively involving a live audience? Where they can talk about shots? Basically never except YouTube occasionally or the match maybe. Here you have a no stress environment where they just talk about golf. You got some of the best players of all time and young great players. Some fantastic ball strikers. What harm could it possibly do having players like that sharing their knowledge while just playing virtual golf? Sure maybe get Kevin Hart or Chris Rock to host to put a funny twist but I think for the average golfer this could be very informative.

How often do we have players actually interactively involving a live audience? Where they can talk about shots? Basically never except YouTube occasionally or the match maybe. Here you have a no stress environment where they just talk about golf. You got some of the best players of all time and young great players. Some fantastic ball strikers. What harm could it possibly do having players like that sharing their knowledge while just playing virtual golf? Sure maybe get Kevin Hart or Chris Rock to host to put a funny twist but I think for the average golfer this could be very informative.
Do you think the players will engage with the audience? In what way, like for educational purposes? E.g. I'm going to hit this shot in this situation, and here's how I'm going to pull it off." If that's the case, the general public will tune out very quickly.

When you go around trying to diminish somebody outside the PGA cult by doing something different with golf it's only apropo that it’s put right back in their face.

They deserve every bit of it, maybe in the future they will think before shouting about tradition and exhibition in an attempt to discredit someone who wants to do something different with golf.

People need to get out of their heads the PGA owns golf or that only what the PGA approves of is golf.

When you go around trying to diminish somebody outside the PGA cult by doing something different with golf it's only apropo that it’s put right back in their face.

They deserve every bit of it, maybe in the future they will think before shouting about tradition and exhibition in an attempt to discredit someone who wants to do something different with golf.

People need to get out of their heads the PGA owns golf or that only what the PGA approves of is golf.

Another signing.

Max Homa and Billy Horschel have now also signed up.

Serious question:

Tiger moves the needle.
Tiger started this whole thing.
Tiger is the reason many, non-golf-fanatics will tune in.

What happens if Tiger can't play, Injury, or whatever?
People will still watch.

Back