Dang, I think that’s going on the wrong direction.
I wouldn't hold my breath on joint cooperation. They'll play in some DP world tour events together (one is coming up) and majors but that will be it.

My man Josh Allen ....hopefully he and Curry play in some of these things!

My man Josh Allen ....hopefully he and Curry play in some of these things!

I would imagine some of those folks have agreed to invest some time, not necessarily monetarily. Some of them, including the two you named can play good golf.

Really excited to see how this goes. It will be interesting to see if and how quickly they expand into other sports in a similar format.

I am very interested in this. I think it could be great for the entire golf industry. Prime time exposure quicker matches. However, just like the last match with JT, Speith, Tiger and Rory there needs to be someone to hold the entertainment. Some of these guys are not the most exciting. If they can find a wait to fill the gaps in between shots this could be something. I am also interested in seeing that this is in one venue in Palm Beach Florida. Interesting that it won't travel with the PGA TOUR. Seems like a decent amount of travel for these guys.

I am very interested in this. I think it could be great for the entire golf industry. Prime time exposure quicker matches. However, just like the last match with JT, Speith, Tiger and Rory there needs to be someone to hold the entertainment. Some of these guys are not the most exciting. If they can find a wait to fill the gaps in between shots this could be something. I am also interested in seeing that this is in one venue in Palm Beach Florida. Interesting that it won't travel with the PGA TOUR. Seems like a decent amount of travel for these guys.
I could not agree with this more.
Im not sure the PGA Tour as a partner will allow them to talk gear, but that would be an added benefit as well.
But I think this is a fantastic way to feature stars, without taking away from the tradition of the standard tournaments and being a big hit for fans.

With that said, I don't have a ton of faith in them pulling something off that is well done out of the gate, but I am hopeful.

This still feels like I'm going to watching people play video games in primetime. No thanks
Well people playing video games is an enormous industry. Not for me but it's huge. This feels a lot different though.

I am all for shortened broadcasts - I'd rather see this played on the course, and broadcast at a later date. I see no need for it to be live.

Can't decide if I'm gonna love or hate this. Will certainly tune in to see it once anyways

Maybe I'm still just really out of it but I am struggling to see what the negative here is? It's also slightly annoying anytime the PGA Tour makes a move towards growth or innovation the first thing mentioned is LIV. Its like asking Blue what they like about 46 and they cant answer it with a sentence that doesnt involve 45.

Maybe I'm still just really out of it but I am struggling to see what the negative here is? It's also slightly annoying anytime the PGA Tour makes a move towards growth or innovation the first thing mentioned is LIV. Its like asking Blue what they like about 46 and they cant answer it with a sentence that doesnt involve 45.
There is no negative. We get to watch the best players in the world play more golf and hit more shots. If this flops who really cares? Below is a tweet from August of the renderings of what the venue will look like. That looks pretty cool to me. But of course we'll see what happens. Someone just get Tiger a limo from Jupiter to Palm Beach.

I would so much rather see Tiger HOST this, not participate.

He's incredibly dull while playing in most of the matches.
I would love Phil to host this thing but that isn't happening.

Reactions: JB
I would so much rather see Tiger HOST this, not participate.

He's incredibly dull while playing in most of the matches.
Oh man, totally agree with this too.
I think maybe his personality could come out as a host.

I like to think that if Phil was still around, the two of them hosting would have been instant must see TV.

I’m skeptical that they can find a way to make this entertaining. The Match gets stale and it’s only once per year.

I’m skeptical that they can find a way to make this entertaining. The Match gets stale and it’s only once per year.
Yeah the last one had a ton of firepower but was kind of a stale product. The one benefit is there shouldn't be a ton of time in between shots so that should cover the dull moments a bit more.

Yeah the last one had a ton of firepower but was kind of a stale product. The one benefit is there shouldn't be a ton of time in between shots so that should cover the dull moments a bit more.
I’m hoping they just bring a whole different energy to this. It’s basically a blank canvas, time to do something crazy!

Adam Scott joins too which seems like a bit of a stretch. They need some young stars.

How about a couple randoms every show? That would be funny as hell. You don’t have to worry about pace of play tbh.

I watched the Adventures in Golf on screen golf in Korea recently and I felt like it gave me a new appreciation for how fun this could be. Kinda shifted the perspective I had that "sim golf is for people that live in places like Michigan"

I watched the Adventures in Golf on screen golf in Korea recently and I felt like it gave me a new appreciation for how fun this could be. Kinda shifted the perspective I had that "sim golf is for people that live in places like Michigan"
I saw that too and those sims looked incredible.

Back