Serious question:

Tiger moves the needle.
Tiger started this whole thing.
Tiger is the reason many, non-golf-fanatics will tune in.

What happens if Tiger can't play, Injury, or whatever?
Then you get Brooks vs. Bryson ratings instead of Tiger & friends ratings?

I have a hard time believing anyone but the die hard golf fans would tune in in the absence of Tiger.
I think once people are exposed to Max Homa that may change. He is a great personality.

Currently committed, we have the 12 players below. 6 more needed to complete the 18-man roster.
  1. Tiger
  2. Rory
  3. JT
  4. Rahm
  5. Morikawa
  6. Adam Scott
  7. Fitzpatrick
  8. Homa
  9. Horschel
  10. JRose
  11. Xander
  12. Rickie

That is a fantastic lineup. I'm not sure if I'm actually going to enjoy this, but I'll definitely be tuning in.

Currently committed, we have the 12 players below. 6 more needed to complete the 18-man roster.
  1. Tiger
  2. Rory
  3. JT
  4. Rahm
  5. Morikawa
  6. Adam Scott
  7. Fitzpatrick
  8. Homa
  9. Horschel
  10. JRose
  11. Xander
  12. Rickie
Those are all pretty established players, wonder if they're waiting for a couple up-and-comers to join the ranks.

I could see a team draft being pretty fun if done right.

Pretty good thread here.

Gambling component and having all players mic'd up are big wins imo. Big list of investors.

Looks like the format has dropped, as well as some info on how the short game area in the arena will work:

1. Cool format
2. I want to play.
I was just talking to a buddy wondering if they would let people play it in the offseason. Pretty cool tech they have going on

I was just talking to a buddy wondering if they would let people play it in the offseason. Pretty cool tech they have going on
That's what I am saying, it's really cool.

Thinking this through, I'm wondering if there are 15 different holes that come into the same green (with varying contours) from different angles. Kind of an interesting architecture challenge

Its going to be pretty cool.
They have a good producer (hes a friend).

I still do not think this thing has any chance long term of good ratings.

Is PGA going to block them and kick them off the PGA like LIV players? 😜15 events is a lot. Just saying.

Found this in the Full Swing press release, looks like the green area will be subdivided for each hole:
1698861330236.png

Rahm is out

Rahm is out

Rahm sees the writing on the wall.

I hope Cohen does better with his golf team than his pathetic baseball team.

Looks like they are trying to make screen golf a thing in the US like it is in Asia. In Asia, it is very popular because it is more difficult to get on golf courses, and the weather is can be very prohibitive for playing golf. It could get popular in the US. I guess the draw is avoiding the bad weather (cold, heat, rain, snow), being able to play after work at night or with a night league, or something of that sort. Screen golf is kinda like indoor Topgolf.

I am surprised there hasn't been more discussion of Rahm dropping out. Also, the association with any given team is contrived. What does McIlroy, just for example, have in common with Boston? I would be interested to know how guys end up on one team or another? Are they being "bought" by the "owners" of those team, going to the highest bidder?

If Rahm lived in Florida, I'd think his dropping out were a bigger deal. He's lives out west, so it doesn't make a ton of sense for sim golf.

Back