The 2013-14 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Texas needs to get him while he's hot...

My order of coaches if I had a vote that mattered:

1. Jimbo Fisher - pipe dream I'm afraid based on his current team and situation but think he could do some major damage on the recruiting end I things here. Besides, with a name like that here in Texas....who wouldn't enjoy that!!

2. Briles - same as Jimbo & recruiting. Kids play for him.

3. Strong - his recruiting background here scares me. His in game coaching I don't know very well....but I think he gets the most out of his players.

4. Franklin - little unknown but everything I've heard about him sounds good. Little gamble for Texas but might end up being a great hire.

My order of coaches if I had a vote that mattered:

1. Jimbo Fisher - pipe dream I'm afraid based on his current team and situation but think he could do some major damage on the recruiting end I things here. Besides, with a name like that here in Texas....who wouldn't enjoy that!!

2. Briles - same as Jimbo & recruiting. Kids play for him.

3. Strong - his recruiting background here scares me. His in game coaching I don't know very well....but I think he gets the most out of his players.

4. Franklin - little unknown but everything I've heard about him sounds good. Little gamble for Texas but might end up being a great hire.
Franklin would be an interesting hire for Texas.

He could get the job done, no doubt about it, but I think he is too much of an "unknown" for the $ guys at Texas.

Franklin would be an interesting hire for Texas.

He could get the job done, no doubt about it, but I think he is too much of an "unknown" for the $ guys at Texas.

He's starting to get some looks but the name might not be sexy enough for em.

He's starting to get some looks but the name might not be sexy enough for em.
Exactly what I was saying. He wouldnt be that "big splash" hire, if ya know what I mean.

Many think if Texas brings him in to interview that he would knock it out of the park.
He's done some really good things at Vandy.

Why not have cameras on either side of the goal line?

UCF with another TD.

Brotles has impressed me tonight, for sure.

And being 6'5, he has to had the eye of many scouts.

UCF with another TD.

Brotles has impressed me tonight, for sure.

And being 6'5, he has to had the eye of many scouts.

Might be a good Cowboy option if he gets to the 2nd-3rd round.

Might be a good Cowboy option if he gets to the 2nd-3rd round.
I think he is projected as the 3rd QB in the draft? Wonder if he goes that far?

I think he is projected as the 3rd QB in the draft? Wonder if he goes that far?

I heard 3rd also but I though they said McShay had him at 3rd overall on big board. I could be mistaken but I thought they said Bridgewater 1, an O or D lineman from T A&M 2 then Brotles 3. I did glance at the screen quickly and saw Manziel's name right after Brotles so it could have been all QBs.

I heard 3rd also but I though they said McShay had him at 3rd overall on big board. I could be mistaken but I thought they said Bridgewater 1, an O or D lineman from T A&M 2 then Brotles 3. I did glance at the screen quickly and saw Manziel's name right after Brotles so it could have been all QBs.
You are correct, it was 3rd overall. I saw the same screenshot of the draft projection earlier in the game.

UCF is playing well. Won't surprise me if Bortles forgoes his senior year and heads to the NFL. I'm sure he is impressing the scouts tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UCF is playing well. Won't surprise me if Bortles forgoes his senior year and heads to the NFL. I'm sure he is impressing the scouts tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The talk has been him making his decision after this game. With this last td run, if they win his stock is gong to go up significantly.

Brotles is impressive, just impressive.

Even with the turnovers, UCF is up by 2 TDs. Impressive. Bortles is fun to watch.

I would have lost a chunk of change betting on Baylor if I were in Vegas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back