The 2015-16 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You forget that replay doesn't always fix everything. See the Duke-Miami ending. Duke got a win taken away in that game, gets a win in this game. It all evens out.
And they still could've very well won this game is just irritating as hell as a fan to see these mistakes keep happening.

They watch pass catches for the slightest bobble yet can't review a potentially game tying field goal.

I don't blame Duke and congrats to them but the rules about review really need to be looked at. They get wasy too picky with things like receptions but don't review things like this.

It's baffling.

Edit: Android auto correct sucks. Sorry for that mess.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Hopefully Nebraska can tie it up here!

Horrendous targeting call in the Neb/UCLA game. That rule needs to be looked at incredibly hard in the off season.

And my gosh, I hope it doesn't rear it's ugly head in the CFP games.

What a terrible targeting call

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Horrendous targeting call in the Neb/UCLA game. That rule needs to be looked at incredibly hard in the off season.

What a terrible targeting call

I was stunned at the call, initially, but thought review would make it an obvious change... Can't believe he's out for the rest of the game due to a bad call like that.

I can kind of understand the initial call because it was a big hit, but I don't know how it got confirmed after looking at it in replay for 5 minutes. How are you supposed to tackle?

I can kind of understand the initial call because it was a big hit, but I don't know how it got confirmed after looking at it in replay for 5 minutes. How are you supposed to tackle?
Any chance the refs are "targeting" gerry since he has a recent history with this penalty?

It was exactly what is being taught now. Feet under you with no launch, thrust arms up with head up, make contact with front of the body or shoulders. Heads-up tackling to a T. NCAA needs to look at not only the rule, but the review capabilities and the punishment.

It was exactly what is being taught now. Feet under you with no launch, thrust arms up with head up, make contact with front of the body or shoulders. Heads-up tackling to a T. NCAA needs to look at not only the rule, but the review capabilities and the punishment.
Well said

Did I miss something? How is Nebraska bowl eligible?

Oh my.

Hilariously enough they are beating UCLA

Oh my.

Hilariously enough they are beating UCLA

Not hilarious, Nebraska put a good beating on them last night!

Watching Navy/Pitt. Navy's helmets are absolute
a1d7c914cf68036c92b18d760ff59261.jpg

Navy is playing very well too. Good game.

Its been a great season for Navy. Look to finish 11-2, and should be ranked in the mid-teens in the final poll.

Now we get to some good match ups! Looking forward to UNC/Baylor today. My prediction; points, lots of points!

Now we get to some good match ups! Looking forward to UNC/Baylor today. My prediction; points, lots of points!
UNC should stomp a mud hole in Baylor with the injuries they have.

UNC should stomp a mud hole in Baylor with the injuries they have.

Agree with this. Baylor is missing a lot.

Not sure which is more disturbing on Twitter right now.

1) OU's handling of media questions to Joe Mixon (who apparently has been kept from media since his suspension until today); or

2) The number of female OU fans on Twitter running to his defense.

I really like my teams, but I'm not sure I can continue to support a guy like that regardless of his talent level. I know opinions differ greatly on this issue, however. To each his/her own.

He has been kept from the media as they've been working with him all year in preparation for the bowl-season and when he finally did have to go in front of them.

I'll not get into my take on it all because the topic is a powder-keg and this drama filled thread doesn't need any more of that. That said, the decision was made by the university, and that won't be changing.

Looks like my Cal Bears will end the year 8-5 after today's bowl game. They've got a good ways to go as a program but this is a really nice bump from 1-11 two seasons ago.

Watching Navy/Pitt. Navy's helmets are absolute
a1d7c914cf68036c92b18d760ff59261.jpg
Absolutely loved the helmets, and the fact that the ship varied by position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back