The 2015 Gauntlet Live Update Thread

This is so true. It was so easy to shake off bad shots or bad holes because his attitude just kept everything 100% fun

Try swinging during the middle of it. It took all I had to not start laughing during the entire swing.

Try swinging during the middle of it. It took all I had to not start laughing during the entire swing.
Hey Wardy do your stance always so wide? Haha then you pipe it center cut. Awesome.

Ha keeping your composure trying not to laugh is a heck of a lot harder than trying to when nervous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You all are too kind. Making my eyes leak. I'll post more soon. Much love to you all.

You're just awesome Rhi. No other way to say it.

I think Johnny Rodriguez helps calm any nerves as the jokes are flying left and right with the Zoo Crew around.
He seems like a guy that would be such a treat to play a round with or even against!

What was the first tee like for you first timers? What was the energy and how were the nerves?

I was fine until I stepped up to my ball. Then I felt a little bit of butterflies. Thinned my first shot and off to the right a little. Wasn't awful, wasn't great. I was ok with it. After that it was all gravy.
I think Johnny Rodriguez helps calm any nerves as the jokes are flying left and right with the Zoo Crew around.

This is definitely true. After the first shot, there were zero nerves playing with JRod on the first day.

He certainly does do that. For those that play with or against him. There isn't a bigger cheerleader on the course either! Just a eff solid dude to be around.

I'm honored to share the nickname with such a badass. This guy is legit and an absolute blast to be around .

Love reading these recaps!!! Man I want, need, must have a THP event hang over soon!!!

Just for the sake of putting the post in the right place, will there be a video/recap thread?

Just for the sake of putting the post in the right place, will there be a video/recap thread?

I was wondering the same thing

To the Gauntlet participants: what was the best shot you hit all weekend?

It was the birdie putt on #12 on Sunday. I think Danny said it was about 40 feet and it was over the ridge and then down the hill towards the right of the green. I was pretty confident that I was going to get it close, but didn't expect it to drop. It was great that the foursome (including our other two teammates) was on the tee behind us and they were cheering for me too. The other long one on #17 had much more luck involved. I hit it along the spine and then it tailed right toward the hole about 6 feet out and I thought to myself, "holy @#$^, that's going in."

SOOOOO

Now that it is over and everyone but in so much time and effort into their games:

Do you feel like your game traveled well? Did you play to your index? If not, what do you think hurt you the most?

I tried not to worry about my index traveling after dropping 5.5 strokes in two months, but then I started to worry when I couldn't find the fairway/correct hole off the tee on Saturday. Fortunately, captaincaution kept us in the fairway and then I got most of my irons close.

On Sunday, I hit 8 fairways and 8 greens which is way more than usual. The only egregiously bad tee shot was a big slice into the hazard on #15. There were a lot of slight mistakes on the front, but I kept it out of every bunker except one. I was getting up and down with a few in gimme range. One downhill birdie putt on #9 and two birdie bombs on #12 and #17 led to an 81 (net 70) so to play anywhere near net par on Dubs was an absolute thrill.

More recapping to come.

Absolutely love ready all the recaps and hearing how awesome everyone is. Makes me really need to make an official THP event in the near future. Have only been to an unofficial one here in NJ. And played with some local THPers a bit this year. Great fun and great folks. Can only imagine that X?

just caught up, what a great thread to read and see the excitement everyone shared at cog hill.

There will definitely be a recap thread.

It is always fun to read through the recaps and catch up on everything that went on - I haven't completely caught up but I am slowly getting there

I look forward to the day when I can be a part of one of these recaps and experience the THP event hangover that everyone talks about - would be something special if it happened to be from the little event being held in a couple of months time..... :alien:

SOOOOO

Now that it is over and everyone but in so much time and effort into their games:

Do you feel like your game traveled well? Did you play to your index? If not, what do you think hurt you the most?

Just getting time to reply to this one.

I think my game traveled quite well and I think I played pretty close to my index, if not perhaps a bit better. I won us quite a few holes where I had a pop. I won some holes outright. But I also had holes where I had a short putt to win it for us and missed, as well as holes where I looked like every bit of my 17-handicap and carded a triple or worse.

Overall though, I thought I held up my part of the bargain well. In both matches, I won a bunch of holes and my partner won a bunch of holes. In neither match did I feel like I was carrying, or was being carried. Other than coming up one hole short of a win on Saturday, I think that's pretty much what you want; to feel like you did your part.

I was quite happy with my game in general. The driver was a bit looser on Saturday than I would have liked, but I got that pretty well corrected on Sunday.

Recap Video and Thread will be up very soon.

For the record, this entire thread kicked a$$

Back