The 2015 Grandaddy Live Update Thread - The Golf Trip Of A Lifetime

Almost 1 1/2 years later and this event still holds a special place in my golf life. It felt like a #TheGrandaddy kind of day, so the flat bill it is.

ef8ebefa78d568e204cc069225c8b3e0.jpg

You da man Mike

The 2015 Grandaddy Live Update Thread - The Golf Trip Of A Lifetime

It's impossible to see this thread and not start from post 1 and read them all. Same with the recap thread

Last edited:
What. A. Week.

Still a major happy of my golfing life. Probably the MOST major actually.

Been drinking out of my Hideaway cup all day! Cheers fellas!

No big deal, just switching the clubs over to a bag that only 12 or so really cool guys have... #TeamRedemption
Hope you guys are doing well
a1d6ad295c8c57ef53b497dcc55fb4ae.jpg

No big deal, just switching the clubs over to a bag that only 12 or so really cool guys have... #TeamRedemption
Hope you guys are doing well
a1d6ad295c8c57ef53b497dcc55fb4ae.jpg
Gotta love a Grandaddy bag. Those are full of memories...

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Posted from another thread, but last time I packed up the travel bag was after one of the best times of my life. Miss you guys
615754451298bb26f34533e2829aab8b.jpg

Posted from another thread, but last time I packed up the travel bag was after one of the best times of my life. Miss you guys
615754451298bb26f34533e2829aab8b.jpg

Nice setup for sure. I'll be using mine in October. Brings back great memories seeing that (or walking through the airport with it)

A little nostalgic sitting here thinking about my next bag overhaul. Since this event I've had some form of my set up in play. Pretty impressive considering some of the great gear that's hit the market since this event. Of course I've played other versions of Callaway, but always tried to keep it in the "family".

We are in the process of trying to sell our house and get a new one. All of the new floor plans have a media room and hopefully I'll have my full bag from ECPC on display for posterity. The only way I can think of to keep the memories alive for this awesome event and pay my respects to THP and Callaway.

A little nostalgic sitting here thinking about my next bag overhaul. Since this event I've had some form of my set up in play. Pretty impressive considering some of the great gear that's hit the market since this event. Of course I've played other versions of Callaway, but always tried to keep it in the "family".

We are in the process of trying to sell our house and get a new one. All of the new floor plans have a media room and hopefully I'll have my full bag from ECPC on display for posterity. The only way I can think of to keep the memories alive for this awesome event and pay my respects to THP and Callaway.

Each time you grab a Chev from your bag, the memories will come back. Those that have continued with that, say it to me all of the time.
People remember (or dont) in different ways of course, the good news is that event and the people that made it possible aren't going anywhere and care about this community.

Each time you grab a Chev from your bag, the memories will come back. Those that have continued with that, say it to me all of the time.
People remember (or dont) in different ways of course, the good news is that event and the people that made it possible aren't going anywhere and care about this community.

Yep, and thanks to THCE I'll have the perfect shaft for whatever Callaway driver I put in play.

Last night started a rush of memories for me again. I was getting my clubs cleaned and loaded into my Grandaddy bag for this weekend's gathering. I placed the first club in the bag and instantly took a trip back to Hideaway when we were first introduced to our gear. Damn that was so badass. We got a teaser pic the night before but nothing at all compared to the rush i got when it was time to see MY new clubs and MY whole set fitted just for ME. Taking that bag over to the range and doing WITB videos with the Callaway crew was so freaking awesome. This year will mark the first year since 2014 that I didnt play in a THP event and that sucks ass. And I havent been as active as I have been in the past but I made a gigantic commitment to my wife and kids that I was going to be Daddy first, all others second. Working as much as I can, coaching my son's football team while being a member of the board for junior football and becoming a first time home owner on a house that needed some love to transform into a family home from a bachelor pad has taken up so much extra time and money so that has left very little time for golf. Lately the only free time I get is when the kids are in bed and the Mrs and I can finally talk to each other. But please know that there still isnt a single day where I dont think about this trip, this crew and this entire experience. I took off the front plate on my bag and took it in to the local embroidery shop for some personal touch and I cant wait to have it back. Cheers fellas!

Last night started a rush of memories for me again. I was getting my clubs cleaned and loaded into my Grandaddy bag for this weekend's gathering. I placed the first club in the bag and instantly took a trip back to Hideaway when we were first introduced to our gear. Damn that was so badass. We got a teaser pic the night before but nothing at all compared to the rush i got when it was time to see MY new clubs and MY whole set fitted just for ME. Taking that bag over to the range and doing WITB videos with the Callaway crew was so freaking awesome. This year will mark the first year since 2014 that I didnt play in a THP event and that sucks ass. And I havent been as active as I have been in the past but I made a gigantic commitment to my wife and kids that I was going to be Daddy first, all others second. Working as much as I can, coaching my son's football team while being a member of the board for junior football and becoming a first time home owner on a house that needed some love to transform into a family home from a bachelor pad has taken up so much extra time and money so that has left very little time for golf. Lately the only free time I get is when the kids are in bed and the Mrs and I can finally talk to each other. But please know that there still isnt a single day where I dont think about this trip, this crew and this entire experience. I took off the front plate on my bag and took it in to the local embroidery shop for some personal touch and I cant wait to have it back. Cheers fellas!

Family first Phil and everything else will work itself out. I've flipped a few things around in my bag, but my setup sits in my home office just like the day it did when I got them the first time. I may not play them as much, but I love the reminder they offer of how I was treated like a rockstar from the minute my plane landed until I was in the air headed back home.

Reunion tour??

Family first Phil and everything else will work itself out. I've flipped a few things around in my bag, but my setup sits in my home office just like the day it did when I got them the first time. I may not play them as much, but I love the reminder they offer of how I was treated like a rockstar from the minute my plane landed until I was in the air headed back home.

Reunion tour??

Just this past weekend our family from Houston was in town and we had dinner with them Saturday night. My uncle made mention of me coming down and playing some golf with him. He has the means to make it happen fast and when it does, youll be joining us

Just this past weekend our family from Houston was in town and we had dinner with them Saturday night. My uncle made mention of me coming down and playing some golf with him. He has the means to make it happen fast and when it does, youll be joining us

Yes!!! Just let me know and I'm there.

I read some of the posts and see the SWAG.
I realize then that I have no idea what is going to happen 62 days.
:Mind Blown:

I know this can be said for every Grandaddy, but do yourself a favor and set some time aside and read this sucker. Sucks the videos are gone but theres more than enough pictures in here to do justice

One thing is for sure from reading this thread and the recently bumped 2016 thread........our membership into this fraternity will last forever!

I know this can be said for every Grandaddy, but do yourself a favor and set some time aside and read this sucker. Sucks the videos are gone but theres more than enough pictures in here to do justice

You better believe I've gone through this thread (and 2014, and 2016)!I have a browser window on my laptop open with the live event threads from the last three events. It's really interesting to go all the way back to the first one and see how much the event has evolved too. Two things are really obvious:

* the love the alumni have for the event, and how much the support of the forum grows as that fraternity grows
* image and video hosts are rather fly-by-night

I really love seeing these threads get bumped. It's a reminder to me to make sure I pour everything I can into the one this year. It'll be great to bring the event home to those following along, but it'll also be a big help to relive the memories.

To my Grandaddy brothers if you can use this shirt let me know and I'll get it out to you. It's a L, but fits more like an XL. Too big for me with the weight loss.

47ff88a1986f7eb75e5f24a3e4868875.jpg

To my Grandaddy brothers if you can use this shirt let me know and I'll get it out to you. It's a L, but fits more like an XL. Too big for me with the weight loss.

47ff88a1986f7eb75e5f24a3e4868875.jpg

I could use it if nobody else has asked yet. All of mine (except the ones you sent me) were XL, and they are ginormous on me.

On a side note, if anyone of you guys wants some XL, let me know.

I could use it if nobody else has asked yet. All of mine (except the ones you sent me) were XL, and they are ginormous on me.

On a side note, if anyone of you guys wants some XL, let me know.

All yours, pm me your address

all the #TheGrandaddy talk lately has me a bit nostalgic. Two years later and it feels like yesterday.

Cheers to you all & a reunion needs to happen

f9c209fd8a9a186c4e78c09d19195602.jpg

all the #TheGrandaddy talk lately has me a bit nostalgic. Two years later and it feels like yesterday.

Cheers to you all & a reunion needs to happen

f9c209fd8a9a186c4e78c09d19195602.jpg

Dude, you lift bro? :D

#TheGrandaddy is strong with you.....yes, strong it is.

Nice day for 18! #GrandaddyAlumni

2bd580b547ddf9af7073548e10e85220.jpg

Back