EXPERIENCE The 2020 Grandaddy of em All with Callaway Golf

All treats huh. Just remember, Travis Matthew doesn’t make underwear so...keep that in mind.
They did at one time! They had a great pair of boxers! The Mrs. already promised to pack the underwear! 8BABF211-AFD3-4BC9-AFC9-6CF19C4CC944.jpeg

Glad you have someone in your life who will remember the less important things you need to pack ;)
I'm pretty sure that underwear is always important..

I'm pretty sure that underwear is always important..
Haha it is, and its always the first thing I pack because it's the most forgotten item.

Finally getting my act together on my golf display case. Place of honor goes to the divot tool Snickerdog sent me from the Grandaddy.Shadowbox.jpg

It's definitely impressive, and a testament to this event, with the number of people the GD has touched. Whether it be a ball marker, a divot tool, a memory of the update thread, etc. The impact is felt.

This thread already on its’ 50th page without a second playing team member shows how much the Grandaddy event has affected so many. Following, attended, friends, etc.

This thread already on its’ 50th page without a second playing team member shows how much the Grandaddy event has affected so many. Following, attended, friends, etc.
Absolutely! And so many that are hoping to have their tickets punched to experience the perfection that is the Grandaddy!!

I wonder when JB will be announcing more???????

Side note...are you all enjoying the Shipshow? How can we make it better. This isn’t the time to be nice but rather to be honest and help us create content golfers want.

Side note...are you all enjoying the Shipshow? How can we make it better. This isn’t the time to be nice but rather to be honest and help us create content golfers want.
As you can see, we are all hoping soon!

As far as the Shipshow goes, I've been enjoying the episodes, especially the last one i listened to with Mike G. Love hearing more about people in this community. No real critiques to be honest. Very much a casual listener, so keep doing what you're doing!

no complaints or suggestions...I have enjoyed hearing fellow Grandaddy alum on the show. I love putter content with Luke, Austie and the Toulon clan

Having only watched the last 5-6 iterations of the Shipshow, I feel like I need to venture further back into the catalogue before making any kind of assessment on what is and isn't working.
One commendation I will give is that I like how the set up or layout of the video side is very uniform to the rest of the callaway videos i.e. Fitting Room. But there might be a slight section for improvement in 2 areas. Number one would be a differentiating graphic on the TV on the wall. I noticed the bottom generally has the guest or subject matter, while the top is simply the Callaway wording with the Chevron. Maybe each show could incorporate it's own spin on the logo?
(Apologies if that has been done in the past)
Number two is less about the show itself and more about the organization of the episodes on a platform like youtube. There doesn't seem to be a specific "Shipshow Playlist", you usually have to go by the most recent uploads. Piggybacking on that statement, the titles of the videos are exactly that, but without a Shipshow header, or if it's there it's at the end of the title. That could be effecting searchability by pushing the keywords to the end.
I might have more after watching/listening to a few more. But for the most part the intimacy of the show is what makes it great.

Can we get more golf talk? 😁

I second Shred, I think an episode with Luke or Sean would be awesome. I love putter talk and those guys are interesting as hell to listen to.

I’m gonna love to see the ShipShow next Christmas where you cover the entirety of the experience losing the GD belt to us THPers.
Would also love to see a SS at the ECPC, where you walk us all trough the instruction and fitting. Let us meet the experts, see the facility and the tools. The full nickel tour. Probably would be supercool on the YouTube channel.

I’m gonna love to see the ShipShow next Christmas where you cover the entirety of the experience losing the GD belt to us THPers.
Would also love to see a SS at the ECPC, where you walk us all trough the instruction and fitting. Let us meet the experts, see the facility and the tools. The full nickel tour. Probably would be supercool on the YouTube channel.

They could flashback to 2016, why wait😃

How can we make it better. This isn’t the time to be nice but rather to be honest and help us create content golfers want.

My only request would be sound level for in-studio guests. It seems when there's a third person in studio (not normal hosts) that mic volume is low on the guest's mic. Especially with quieter guests, like Cliff, I kept having to turn up the volume to hear him, but then would have to try and adjust when he wasn't talking.

Aside from that, it has been a great show to follow.

I never used to be one to really fuss over putter selection. I'd grab what looks good and go. After looking at the Callaway website to build my hypothetical bag the other day, I can't stop thinking about all the putters they offer. From the new Triple Track, to Stroke Lab, to the Toulons, there are no less than 5 putters I would love to try out!

Of the 3, which family of putters is your favorite overall, and which putter from that family do you most desire?

For me it's the Toulon Design family, and within that I would go with the Atlanta. Ask me tomorrow and it could be the Seattle or the Las Vegas 🤣

I was never used to be one to really fuss over putter selection. I'd grab what looks good and go. After looking at the Callaway website to build my hypothetical bag the other day, I can't stop thinking about all the putters they offer. From the new Triple Track, to Stroke Lab, to the Toulons, there are no less than 5 putters I would love to try out!

Of the 3, which family of putters is your favorite overall, and which putter from that family do you most desire?

For me it's the Toulon Design family, and within that I would go with the Atlanta. Ask me tomorrow and it could be the Seattle or the Las Vegas 🤣
Have you seen @vgolfman 's custom Toulon with "Totally not triple track" Triple Track?

Have you seen @vgolfman 's custom Toulon with "Totally not triple track" Triple Track?
No, I haven't seen this. Do you have a picture? Wait, maybe I dont want a picture, it will just cloud my putter judgement even more....

I have! But if you haven’t, check it out on my Twitter. I have 7 or 8 pics of it. Happy to answer questions here as well.
Thanks, took a look at that beauty and now I have a new putter desire...just like I knew I would! I have been intrigued by the triple track and how the alignments aids help, but not the biggest fan of the shapes and colors. Love the shapes and colors of the Toulon line. At this point it only makes sense to merge the two so I can get a Toulon with TT!

Hows it been treating you on the greens?

Back