EXPERIENCE The 2020 Morgan Cup Sponsored By Cobra PUMA Golf: Want To Be A Tour Player

I am just trying to decide whether I go OL or not and thought you might have some good info. I was only one of many that was curious. :)
I am an open book when it comes to the equipment I am pondering.

I think you should go OL since only Pauly Walnuts went OL last year, and Team Paradise can't leave my boy @jlew2144 all alone on the OL island.

You and I have spoken a lot about the OL and and performance, I had a lot of build questions and down line replacing shafts and swapping pieces in and out. He was very knowledge and provided very detailed explanations and reasoning for the OL setup. The shaft piece answered a lot of questions for me.

The interesting part to me was how he mentioned that a good number of people (and I know this will break your heart) go OL in long irons - variable in scoring irons and wedges.
I'd be curious what he had to say about shafts, since picking iron shafts was the most intensive aspect of my fitting last year.

And you're right, that does break my heart but I'm aware it's very common

I'd be curious what he had to say about shafts, since picking iron shafts was the most intensive aspect of my fitting last year.

And you're right, that does break my heart but I'm aware it's very common
What do you mean by that? You don’t have various shafts for different irons do you? When I first thought about OL, I thought that was what I would have to do but was intimidated by that aspect.

I am really looking forward to seeing our options and scheduling a fitting.

What do you mean by that? You don’t have various shafts for different irons do you? When I first thought about OL, I thought that was what I would have to do but was intimidated by that aspect.

I am really looking forward to seeing our options and scheduling a fitting.
No, I have the same shaft in my irons, and same (but different) in my wedges.

What I meant was that of the 11-12 hours I spent in hitting bays last year for bag configuration, most of that time was spent trying to choose the best iron shaft for me. Between PGA and Vans, I was able to hit every shaft offered, narrowed it down to a couple, then went back for more to make a final decision.

No, I have the same shaft in my irons, and same (but different) in my wedges.

What I meant was that of the 11-12 hours I spent in hitting bays last year for bag configuration, most of that time was spent trying to choose the best iron shaft for me. Between PGA and Vans, I was able to hit every shaft offered, narrowed it down to a couple, then went back for more to make a final decision.

#TeamHackersApproved

Who would do that??
Not I. It’s the unbiased fitting id be totally psyched about. Maximizing the available equipment would be such an experience, and that’s just the beginning. Lucky winners.

Love all the consideration going to OL. Since apparently, OL makes up approximately half of Cobra’s iron sales, the Morgan Cup pub can only help that particular offering.

I'm heavily in the OL debate. All in my head as I haven't hit anything yet!
Awesome dude. Any burning questions or concerns?

Awesome dude. Any burning questions or concerns?
I'm a bit of a researcher so I've found most answers somewhere. Just need to go hit some. I'm current fascinated with splitting the lengths making p-7 at a length and 6-4 & hybrid at an other. And debating if that's a net gain or what.

I'm a bit of a researcher so I've found most answers somewhere. Just need to go hit some. I'm current fascinated with splitting the lengths making p-7 at a length and 6-4 & hybrid at an other. And debating if that's a net gain or what.
Wouldn't that be two length? :greenalien:

Wouldn't that be two length? :greenalien:
Well, itd be more like 8 lengths since I'm thinking standard length wedges, D, & 3w. But I wouldn't want to provide your team any more motivational statements by correcting you ;).

For me I just dont make as consistent quality strikes 6-4 as I feel like I should, so hoping to improve that.

Well, itd be more like 8 lengths since I'm thinking standard length wedges, D, & 3w. But I wouldn't want to provide your team any more motivational statements by correcting you ;).

For me I just dont make as consistent quality strikes 6-4 as I feel like I should, so hoping to improve that.
My thoughts on one length are exactly this, if you're going to do it, do it. Don't mess around with things, Cobra did all the hard work (aka math) haha...the only area I think may be a struggle is the wedges but maybe not. I am going to make it a point to hit a OL 4i and a wedge here in the next week or so just to see whats what. OL is not something I'm really considering BUT all this talk of OL recently has me curious.

My thoughts on one length are exactly this, if you're going to do it, do it. Don't mess around with things, Cobra did all the hard work (aka math) haha...the only area I think may be a struggle is the wedges but maybe not. I am going to make it a point to hit a OL 4i and a wedge here in the next week or so just to see whats what. OL is not something I'm really considering BUT all this talk of OL recently has me curious.
Yeah, I hear yeah on just jump in....

Wait, I shouldn’t do 3 different irons alternating OL every other club? Guess my idea is out :mad:

Wait, I shouldn’t do 3 different irons alternating OL every other club? Guess my idea is out :mad:

What happened to my bag is set and stock everything?

That is where I am landing on OL. That isn’t to say that if I go OL that I won’t tweak my setup 6 months down the road; I would likely do that with any new set I buy. The Callaway set I put in the bag March 2019 has seen some changes throughout the year.

My first idea on OL was exactly the same as @Jmk202 where I just wanted some help with the long irons but I have come to change my thinking.

I think OL will help me make more consistent center contact on all of the clubs that I have at the same length. If I don’t truly believe that when it comes to order time, I am going to order the standard length set.

Loving how invested you all are already, trying to find what is going to work, and being so open to all the options. Great attitude to have with the opportunity that is in front of you. Really can't wait for the available options to be known, that's when it will get really real for everyone, I think! For those of us who can't golf due to mother nature, all this dreaming sure has to be exciting and a distraction from said weather!

Loving how invested you all are already, trying to find what is going to work, and being so open to all the options. Great attitude to have with the opportunity that is in front of you. Really can't wait for the available options to be known, that's when it will get really real for everyone, I think! For those of us who can't golf due to mother nature, all this dreaming sure has to be exciting and a distraction from said weather!
Its a welcome distraction but man does it make you want to golf! Being completely honest I NEVER used to practice golf in the winter. However with the Morgan Cup I have been to the range more times in 30* weather than ever before, just can't go into an event like this completely cold with no swings, even bad ones are good haha

Its a welcome distraction but man does it make you want to golf! Being completely honest I NEVER used to practice golf in the winter. However with the Morgan Cup I have been to the range more times in 30* weather than ever before, just can't go into an event like this completely cold with no swings, even bad ones are good haha

How’s the swing feeling, @jdtox?

Back