The 2021 MLB Thread

Agreed.. at a min. If you hit someone you should be fined. If it's high and on purpose you shouldn't be in the league🤷🏼‍♂️
I'd be 100% on board with this but with some leeway given some batters are hanging almost in the strike zone in their stance. I'd say give 10" or so from the inside edge of the plate where there isn't a penalty to the pitcher for a HBP. Otherwise, fines and suspensions start. For obviously intentional HBPs, I'd use the PED punishments of 1/2 season, full season, lifetime ban.

Never forget! ✊

Oh my!

Second game in the majors. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!??!!

Is there any doubt what city has the best Mascot? Nope

3 STRAIGHT PHILLIES WALK-OFFS!!!

Friday night: Dodgers 12, Rangers 1
Saturday night: Rangers 12, Dodgers 1
Sunday afternoon: ???

St Louis in a hard tailspin. They need pitching.....bad. I just don't see it happening.

It’s time to toss this ump. Missed 3 pitches in the last 2 Phillies AB’s. I don’t want robot umps, but this guy is trash!

It’s time to toss this ump. Missed 3 pitches in the last 2 Phillies AB’s. I don’t want robot umps, but this guy is trash!

I’m 100% on board with robot umps at least for balls and strikes. We have the technology, not sure why we need human error in the game.

I’m 100% on board with robot umps at least for balls and strikes. We have the technology, not sure why we need human error in the game.
I've heard the argument about needing a human element and not taking that out of the game. But if that's the case, then quit arguing about balls and strikes. If you want to argue, in my opinion, that is saying you want technology in for balls and strikes.

I've heard the argument about needing a human element and not taking that out of the game. But if that's the case, then quit arguing about balls and strikes. If you want to argue, in my opinion, that is saying you want technology in for balls and strikes.

The players provide the human element for me. Wanting “the human element” from umpires is just another way of saying they want bad calls sometimes...and that seems strange.

I can’t believe what I just heard.

Tyler Glasnow actually complaining he is now hurt because he wasn’t allowed to cheat. He admits to using a foreign substance on the ball to get a better grip his whole career and complains that baseball is now enforcing the rules rather than waiting till next offseason so the pitchers can adjust. That he had to grip the ball differently and thus caused him to injure himself.

Are you kidding me?

The ball this year is moving at crazy speeds. Just about every team has one or two pitchers throwing over 100. The breaking ball is moving twice as much. Batting averages are at the worst ever. And, fans are leaving in droves. You think continuing to allow cheating is the right thing to do?

Hell, baseball should have just allowed steroids forever then. Why not.

Cheating is cheating. You do it, you get caught, you pay the fine. Don’t wine you are not allowed to cheat.

If you can’t pitch the same way and more batters will hit the pitchers, then so be it. You don’t wine!!

OMG.

Tyler Glasnow actually complaining he is now hurt because he wasn’t allowed to cheat. He admits to using a foreign substance on the ball to get a better grip his whole career and complains that baseball is now enforcing the rules rather than waiting till next offseason so the pitchers can adjust. That he had to grip the ball differently and thus caused him to injure himself.

Are you kidding me?

The ball this year is moving at crazy speeds. Just about every team has one or two pitchers throwing over 100. The breaking ball is moving twice as much. Batting averages are at the worst ever. And, fans are leaving in droves. You think continuing to allow cheating is the right thing to do?

Cheating is cheating. You do it, you get caught, you pay the fine. Don’t wine you are not allowed to cheat.

If you can’t pitch the same way and more batters will hit the pitchers, then so be it. You don’t wine!!

OMG.
That means pitchers have to throw at the Ray's players now right? :ROFLMAO:

Are you kidding me?

OMG.

That was hilarious! Baseball player complains that his body needs to work harder to achieve the same results he got when cheating...

My Reds are on fire as of late….now hopefully I didn’t just jinx it.

Must see TV!

This is getting absurd. MLB just can’t get out of its own way. Seriously how did anyone think this would be a good idea to make us watch pitchers getting searched multiple times a game.

This is getting absurd. MLB just can’t get out of its own way. Seriously how did anyone think this would be a good idea to make us watch pitchers getting searched multiple times a game.

I also think these are pitchers grandstanding so they can go back to cheating after they get them to stop the crackdown by making a spectacle of this process.

if they didn’t act like babies about it, it wouldn’t be story.

Ok with Scherzer's reaction because it was Girardi that called for it. Sergio Romo just looked like a tool doing the same thing.

I also think these are pitchers grandstanding so they can go back to cheating after they get them to stop the crackdown by making a spectacle of this process.

if they didn’t act like babies about it, it wouldn’t be story.

I think it’s different doing it once a game or so. But doing it 3 times by the 4th inning, including between batters, is incredibly excessive. I have no problems with pitchers getting upset after they’ve already passed multiple times and still get checked.
It’s creating unnecessary drama outside of the actual game.

I did the same thing when i was frisked by TSA long ago. Hugely poised off i was.

Back