The 2021 Morgan Cup with Cobra PUMA Golf: Want To Be A Tour Player

Quite envious! The recoil 95's were close to the Nippon so I am trying to find a recoil 110 to try out. Otherwise it will come down to if I want to go copper head with steel shaft or stick to the satin color theme. I'll put my ego at the door in terms of picking forgiveness over looks all day, but I get vain with the colors!
Same as me, I was all in on the King irons, but the head said FTs were the way forwards....I can hit the Kings but it would be too long a transition period, I want to come out swinging this year and the FTs are the ones for me.

Agreed with the above. Can hang with the Kings, and likely more so with playing more this summer, but the FTs make too much sense. To much point and shoot to walk away from.

Agreed with the above. Can hang with the Kings, and likely more so with playing more this summer, but the FTs make too much sense. To much point and shoot to walk away from.
Similar thoughts here. The Forged Tecs are easy to hit and look great. The Tours would just be a replacement of sorts to my JPX919 F. I could easily pick Tours and not look back but part of this experience is trying new things.

Similar thoughts here. The Forged Tecs are easy to hit and look great. The Tours would just be a replacement of sorts to my JPX919 F. I could easily pick Tours and not look back but part of this experience is trying new things.
Which is why I kicking around graphite in the irons, for sure

I can't believe this was 8 years ago, I remember pulling the bag out of the box and seeing my name on there and I still can't describe that feeling, truly awesome!
IMG_6891.JPG

I am at the beach this week on family vacation. There is a par 3 course right next to our condo building. I stuck my 6 iron in the bed of my truck while packing so I have it. I am seriously considering going to a putt putt place and paying for a round, grabbing the putter, leaving and heading to the par 3 course. Play it with 6 iron and putter and then return the putter to the putt putt course when I'm done. Is there something wrong with me? 😅

A team captain going to jail for borrowing a putt-putt putter would be quite the ignominious story in Morgan Cup lore!

I like my spin better on the Forged TEC but i lose distance and the Radspeed are LONG!

What were you hitting before? I picked up almost a full club going from the PTx Pros to the FTs.

When in doubt take the forgiveness I say!

Always!

A team captain going to jail for borrowing a putt-putt putter would be quite the ignominious story in Morgan Cup lore!

What were you hitting before? I picked up almost a full club going from the PTx Pros to the FTs.

Always!
I was hitting the Sim Irons

How much distance would you lose?
I was losing about 18-20 yds, but my spin was more. Normal I hit my sim 7i about 170 total distance and I was hitting the forged tec 7i a little over 150yds. Im fine with losing a little distance, but 20 yds is about 2 clubs.

I was hitting the Sim Irons
That's kind of the choice you have to make going up a class in irons. Smaller heads spin more in general. They give you more control for better or worse.

Final bag lineup for the Morgan Cup.

RADSPEED XB 9*. HZRDUS RDX Blue Stiff. Lofted up to 10*.
RADSPEED 3w HZRDUS RDX Blue Stiff
RADSPEED 2H UST Recoil 480 ESX (F4) cut to 40.5"
Forged Tec 4-GW w/Nippon Modus 3 120 S. 6 iron set 62* lie angle (that is -0.5* so may just stay at stock) and add 1/2" length. Copper
King Cobra 54-10 V and 58-8 V. With Nippon Modus3 125 Wedge Stiff flex

Updated with Color Selections - only one small change.

RADSPEED XB RH 9* Peacoat HZRDUS RDX Blue Stiff (6.0) 60g. Lofted up to 10*.
RADSPEED 3w RH Peacoat HZRDUS RDX Blue Stiff (6.0) 70g.
RADSPEED 2H RH UST Recoil 480 ESX Stiff (F4) cut to 40.5"
Forged Tec 4-GW RH Copper Nippon Modus 3 120 Stiff Standard Lie
King MIM Wedge RH 54-10V Nippon Modus 3 125 Wedge Stiff flex **Changed mind**
King Cobra Wedge RH 58-8 V. With Nippon Modus3 125 Wedge Stiff flex

That's kind of the choice you have to make going up a class in irons. Smaller heads spin more in general. They give you more control for better or worse.
No, I totally get it. I like the spin on the Tecs

I was losing about 18-20 yds, but my spin was more. Normal I hit my sim 7i about 170 total distance and I was hitting the forged tec 7i a little over 150yds. Im fine with losing a little distance, but 20 yds is about 2 clubs.
I imagine the SIMs are very low spin similar to the M6s. I was longer with the M6 7 and had considerably lower spin compared to my FTs. Some of my differences were probably attributable to the shaft change - CTaper 120s in the M6s vs. Recoil 110s in my FTs.

Picked up this little one from my fitters shop. Got to represent!

Attachments

• 1ECC6EA1-695E-4304-A9F2-79B02F543617.jpeg
    1ECC6EA1-695E-4304-A9F2-79B02F543617.jpeg
    88.6 KB · Views: 4
Anyone getting out and playing tomorrow? I have a 9:12 tee time.

As a retired dude....I play all my golf M to F unless traveling. Enjoy.

My brother took me to the woodshed on a Par 3 course this afternoon. I need the weekend to recover.

So I'm friends with Chris Cote who has done a great job with his golf shop now shops in CT. So I'll be in CT next week for annual fantasy baseball draft. So figure he has his two stores and a new range with outdoor hitting areas that he does fittings at....Great. So I call up to set up an appointment...All 3 paces are booked up and first available appointment is May 20th.....Wow. 4 outdoor bays, 2 indoor at 2 places...8 options...all booked until May 20th. Yea, Golf is exploding.

Attachments

• 20210403_093144.jpg
    20210403_093144.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 7
2 pars, 2 doubles.....oof

Attachments

• 20210403_101541.jpg
    20210403_101541.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 6
Front 9 done. Kinda a long slog right now. Playing behind a tourney group. Front 9 4/7 FW's, 3 GIR, 18 putts.

Back