The 2021 Morgan Cup with Cobra PUMA Golf: Want To Be A Tour Player

Ok! Bag finally starting to come together with a fitting done

While I won’t give too much away, here is a bit of a teaser for the irons

image.jpg

I am at the beach this week on family vacation. There is a par 3 course right next to our condo building. I stuck my 6 iron in the bed of my truck while packing so I have it. I am seriously considering going to a putt putt place and paying for a round, grabbing the putter, leaving and heading to the par 3 course. Play it with 6 iron and putter and then return the putter to the putt putt course when I'm done. Is there something wrong with me? 😅

You can just tell everyone that the RF MBs are the clubs you chose! :ROFLMAO:

Yep, exactly what I’m choosing! In other news; I’ve been testing how far I can hit a putter off the tee

Yep, exactly what I’m choosing! In other news; I’ve been testing how far I can hit a putter off the tee
Have you also been drinking 20 protein shakes a day?

Im set up with them in brookfield tomorrow. Club Champion doesnt have stock shafts to hit, just their upgraded/upcharged shafts.

How'd it go!

How'd it go!
Quite well. My fitter was my old swing coach from GolfTec. We spent about 2 hours going through and re-going through all my options. I have a choice to make at Irons. Either the Forged TEC or the Radspeed. I like my spin better on the Forged TEC but i lose distance and the Radspeed are LONG! I might go back and hit them again to figure it out.

I am at the beach this week on family vacation. There is a par 3 course right next to our condo building. I stuck my 6 iron in the bed of my truck while packing so I have it. I am seriously considering going to a putt putt place and paying for a round, grabbing the putter, leaving and heading to the par 3 course. Play it with 6 iron and putter and then return the putter to the putt putt course when I'm done. Is there something wrong with me? 😅
Nope, if there was only a way to mainline golf... lol

Quite well. My fitter was my old swing coach from GolfTec. We spent about 2 hours going through and re-going through all my options. I have a choice to make at Irons. Either the Forged TEC or the Radspeed. I like my spin better on the Forged TEC but i lose distance and the Radspeed are LONG! I might go back and hit them again to figure it out.
When in doubt take the forgiveness I say!

Truck/Vacation/No Set of Clubs....Yep, Something is wrong....Ha

And the fitting has started......

Attachments

• 20210331_155949.jpg
    20210331_155949.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 8

that seems like the logical thing to do!

RadSpeed XB and Forged Tec irons for me.

I forgot to grab a photo of my impact tape to counter Team Hackers. They appear to be be ball striking phenoms!

I forgot to grab a photo of my impact tape to counter Team Hackers. They appear to be be ball striking phenoms!
Haha, my impact tape would need to be a piece of legal size paper after my winter layoff! 🤪

So fitting is done after a little tweaking the final results are in. Impact tape showed a -1 degree lie, fitter said I could go -2 degrees if I wanted too. Nearly 100 balls in 90 minutes......ooooffff I'm tired.

Attachments

• 20210331_165812.jpg
    20210331_165812.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 7

The FTs are exactly that. They seem to fit my game perfectly, you're gonna love them!

The FTs are exactly that. They seem to fit my game perfectly, you're gonna love them!
I am pretty excited about it. I was of mixed emotions as it relates to the irons as I also just got JPX921 Forged irons from Mizuno. And note I'm a once in a decade guy when it comes to irons. But the FTs feel great and I can't wait to game them this year. Might have a bag battle in the fall, or might just be one of those guys who has a second bag :p

I am pretty excited about it. I was of mixed emotions as it relates to the irons as I also just got JPX921 Forged irons from Mizuno. And note I'm a once in a decade guy when it comes to irons. But the FTs feel great and I can't wait to game them this year. Might have a bag battle in the fall, or might just be one of those guys who has a second bag :p
I was the same, played Pings for years and years. Finally made the decision to change to Callaway after a lot of soul searching, couple of rounds with the new ones and then boom, selected for the MC :LOL: But the FTs are clubs that I would never in a million years have thought I was suited for, but the best feeling irons I have played in my life. A huge part of the reason why my handicap dropped last year. I'll be going with them again for this year, but in a different colour ;)

I was the same, played Pings for years and years. Finally made the decision to change to Callaway after a lot of soul searching, couple of rounds with the new ones and then boom, selected for the MC :LOL: But the FTs are clubs that I would never in a million years have thought I was suited for, but the best feeling irons I have played in my life. A huge part of the reason why my handicap dropped last year. I'll be going with them again for this year, but in a different colour ;)

I learned my new irons arrived in the shop and about the MC within the same hour! I had previously avoided hollow body but have really enjoyed the FT testing. Now I just need to decide on color. It would have been an easy call if I was fit into on the black shaft options. But alas, the Modus 120 was still the clear top performer.

Love seeing you guys get fit to find out the best club in the Cobra lineup for your game!

I learned my new irons arrived in the shop and about the MC within the same hour! I had previously avoided hollow body but have really enjoyed the FT testing. Now I just need to decide on color. It would have been an easy call if I was fit into on the black shaft options. But alas, the Modus 120 was still the clear top performer.
Thankfully last year I was fit into the black $tapers.....they will look out of this world!

Thankfully last year I was fit into the black $tapers.....they will look out of this world!
Quite envious! The recoil 95's were close to the Nippon so I am trying to find a recoil 110 to try out. Otherwise it will come down to if I want to go copper head with steel shaft or stick to the satin color theme. I'll put my ego at the door in terms of picking forgiveness over looks all day, but I get vain with the colors!

Back