The 2022 MLB Thread + Hot Stove

I don't think David Ortiz is a first ballot HOF. Very good hitter but did not play the field. He gets in but not till 3rd or 4th year. Not surprised by bonds and clemens. They both have stood fast as FU baseball. I always thought Jeff Kent deserved to get in. One of the best hitting 2nd basement ever. Yes his defense was questionable but Ortiz didn't play defense.

I would like to see Rollins and Scott Rollin get in. And eventually chase Utley....obviously being a phillies fan I am biased.

View attachment 9062950
Chase Utley doesn't belong anywhere near the hall for his bush league antics.

The MLB HOF is a complete joke.

so he played old school, hard nose, baseball and you don't like it?
He broke a dude's leg. He is a POS. Pete Rose was hard nosed and collisions were common for him. I agree if you are trying to go in and break the ball from the glove and try to be safe but to slide through the bag and ruin someone's career is not cool.

He broke a dude's leg. He is a POS. Pete Rose was hard nosed and collisions were common for him. I agree if you are trying to go in and break the ball from the glove and try to be safe but to slide through the bag and ruin someone's career is not cool.
again, i don't like the slide but your saying his whole career means nothing because of that slide?

again, i don't like the slide but your saying his whole career means nothing because of that slide?
Yes, remember character is part of the election criteria. Jeff Kent deserves a 2B nod before Utley. It is the HOF not the Hall of good.

Yes, remember character is part of the election criteria. Jeff Kent deserves a 2B nod before Utley. It is the HOF not the Hall of good.
utley numbers are borderline for the hall but kent numbers are very good

Pete Rose literally sent a guy to the hospital in an All-Star game. Ray Fosse never the same after that collision.

Pete Rose literally sent a guy to the hospital in an All-Star game. Ray Fosse never the same after that collision.
And he is not in the HOF for other character issues. Pete Rose has a lot more stats than Chase Utley as well so his character flaws are the difference between 95 and 90% if he could get on a ballot. Chase Utley's character flaws are a reason not to try and make a rose color glasses case.

Enough about that we can all agree the media has ruined the HOF. We all have our favorite and hated players and if they are or aren't in HOF isn't gonna change that.

Enough about that we can all agree the media has ruined the HOF. We all have our favorite and hated players and if they are or aren't in HOF isn't gonna change that.

We have had a membership to HOF for years as it's only 1.5 hours away. Cooperstown is one of my favorite places on Earth. You are correct in that the writers have really screwed it up though. Too many personal agendas and not just merit.

We have had a membership to HOF for years as it's only 1.5 hours away. Cooperstown is one of my favorite places on Earth. You are correct in that the writers have really screwed it up though. Too many personal agendas and not just merit.

I really enjoy going to Cooperstown too. I have been there countless times . I have played golf at Leatherstocking at least 5 times. I haven't been to the Hall of fame though in many years.

Totally agree. i.e. see Machado ruins Pedroia's career.

I really enjoy going to Cooperstown too. I have been there countless times . I have played golf at Leatherstocking at least 5 times. I haven't been to the Hall of fame though in many years.

I have never played Leatherstocking actually. When we go it's usually the whole family so we spend the day in town and at the HOF. I have buddies who have played a bunch but my schedule has never matched up. If you go again let me know!

I have never played Leatherstocking actually. When we go it's usually the whole family so we spend the day in town and at the HOF. I have buddies who have played a bunch but my schedule has never matched up. If you go again let me know!

I have actually stayed at the Otsego Hotel a handful of times for business conferences and have played the course nearly every time.

Are they playing this year?
I heard that there was a lockout.

Universal DH and draft lottery. Interesting.

Universal DH and draft lottery. Interesting.

I figured the universal DH was coming. Especially after they used it in the pandemic-shortened season with some success.

And it looks like the draft lottery is addressing some of the players' concerns.

Hopefully when they come to the table tomorrow, they can make some real progress and get this thing taken care of.

SMH

Yeah. That had to be some serious discussion to take 18 whole minutes!

Yup looking more and more like the owners are trying to have the players talk themselves into a bad deal. right now I have to assume the season gets delayed a bit.

Back