The 2022 MLB Thread + Hot Stove

In that last clip, that pitch was NOT a strike. The catcher "framed" it beautifully. Of course, most of those pitches weren't strikes. The idea is to get batters to chase balls out of the strike zone.

When we were kids, we moved into a new neighborhood where there were absolutely no kids our age! :mad: I was a junior in high school, and my Brother was getting ready to enter 9th grade. That Summer we played a lot of catch in the back yard, and our arms got real "lively"! I developed a 3/4 to full sidearms pitch that I could spin like crazy. I could throw it right at a right handed batter, and it would break off the outside corner of the plate. I controlled the amount of break by how hard I threw it. Oddly enough, the easier I threw it the more it broke! My Brother developed an overhand curve ball that would come floating up like a beach ball, and then roll off the table!

In that last clip, that pitch was NOT a strike. The catcher "framed" it beautifully. Of course, most of those pitches weren't strikes. The idea is to get batters to chase balls out of the strike zone.

Well, at least the Phils can beat the Reds I guess.
wins a win. i didn't except them to win 2 out of 3 from the mets in NY. let's just beat up the really bad teams we face the rest of the way get in the playoffs, get harper back and just let it play out. i am still confident we can play with all of the playoff teams, including the dodgers and mets.

wins a win. i didn't except them to win 2 out of 3 from the mets in NY. let's just beat up the really bad teams we face the rest of the way get in the playoffs, get harper back and just let it play out. i am still confident we can play with all of the playoff teams, including the dodgers and mets.
I didn't think they won any against the Mets. Guess I need to play closer attention.

f**k Brandon Marsh is down and it does not look good.

stinker today but HUGE series coming up against the Mets this weekend. gotta show something against them

• Appreciation
Reactions: Bus

the Phillies just can't beat the mets. we will be 4-13 against them after losing this first game.

against the rest of the playoffs teams:

atlanta 4-4
dodgers 4-3
padres 4-3
cardinals 4-3

so winning record or even against the rest of the nl playoff teams but the mets own us. if we finish 2nd in the wild card we will play atlanta and if we win we play the mets. uuuggghhh

the Phillies just can't beat the mets. we will be 4-13 against them after losing this first game.

against the rest of the playoffs teams:

atlanta 4-4
dodgers 4-3
padres 4-3
cardinals 4-3

so winning record or even against the rest of the nl playoff teams but the mets own us. if we finish 2nd in the wild card we will play atlanta and if we win we play the mets. uuuggghhh
This one not off to a good start either.

Cardinals won the trade deadline in their division, Albert is finding his groove, and St Louis is finally taking advantage of a weak second half schedule. Nolan and Goldy are setting up for MV2, especially with defense like this:

Cardinals won the trade deadline in their division, Albert is finding his groove, and St Louis is finally taking advantage of a weak second half schedule. Nolan and Goldy are setting up for MV2, especially with defense like this:

Having Robertson has been nice. Solid 2 inning save tonight to finally get on from the damn Mets.

People outside of St Louis forget how ridiculous Arenado is on d.

Having Robertson has been nice. Solid 2 inning save tonight to finally get on from the damn Mets.

People outside of St Louis forget how ridiculous Arenado is on d.
The scary part is we lost 3 of 4 and didn't face degrom or Scherzer. Oh and we had wheeler and Nola both pitch and lose.

Man the Cardinals are hot! Winners of 8 in a row, and have opened up a nice little lead in the NL Central.

Jordan Montgomery has been an incredible pickup.

Since the Trade:
• 4-0 (4 starts)
• 0.35 ERA
• 0.62 WHIP
• 24 K (25.2 IP)

Man the Cardinals are hot! Winners of 8 in a row, and have opened up a nice little lead in the NL Central.

Jordan Montgomery has been an incredible pickup.

Since the Trade:
• 4-0 (4 starts)
• 0.35 ERA
• 0.62 WHIP
• 24 K (25.2 IP)
That Albert reunion has worked out well too. I was skeptical of the Montgomery trade, (more because I hated to lose Bader) but he's been absolutely lights out. A complete game 1 hitter and a Maddux to boot...it was the AAA Cubs, but still.

That Albert reunion has worked out well too. I was skeptical of the Montgomery trade, (more because I hated to lose Bader) but he's been absolutely lights out. A complete game 1 hitter and a Maddux to boot...it was the AAA Cubs, but still.

At this point, you just play the teams in front of you, and luckily for the Cardinals, save a couple of series, their schedule is really light.

13 years ago 🤯

Back