The 2022 MLB Thread + Hot Stove

Do the teams that go into the post season with a bye in the early rounds in a bracket flourish with the rest or go cold? It'll be interesting to see how the 4 top seeds do.
This year these 4 teams should be fine. The experience of the Dodgers, Astros, Yankees, and Braves over the last few postseasons means they should be ok. If an upstart team like the Mariners got the first round bye it could have been a bad time for the bye. Also most of the WC teams did not exactly race through the finish line. Cleveland and St. Louis really played well down the stretch so I think they should easily get through.

Debate in the office.

If your team wins game one on Friday, would you skip your number two starter hoping that you sweep with your number 3 or even 4 to allow your number 2 available for next series?

Obviously, if you lose game two your number 2 goes then

Debate in the office.

If your team wins game one on Friday, would you skip your number two starter hoping that you sweep with your number 3 or even 4 to allow your number 2 available for next series?

Depends on who is going on the other side. Look at matchups and what not. Someone like the Mariners I would throw the kitchen sink to get to the next round. The Mets I could pick and choose depending on how things look.

IMO
Those who can skip #2 starter - Cleveland, Tampa, Mets
Those that shouldn't - St. Louis, Seattle, Phila, Toronto, SD

Debate in the office.

If I'm the mets...yes. I could pitcher Max game one, Bassitt game 2 and hope I have Degrom for game 1 of the DS.

Depends on who is going on the other side. Look at matchups and what not. Someone like the Mariners I would throw the kitchen sink to get to the next round. The Mets I could pick and choose depending on how things look.

IMO
Those who can skip #2 starter - Cleveland, Tampa, Mets
Those that shouldn't - St. Louis, Seattle, Phila, Toronto, SD

Of that top list, the only one I'm looking at is the Mets. If I'm Cleveland or Tampa and I win game 1, I'm going for the kill in game 2.

Debate in the office.

I'm a firm believer in the you want two chances to win that second game. You have to get to round 2 before you can worry about who is available to pitch. So, I would throw the number 2 starter in game 2.

What does your bracket look like?
ALDS:
Cleveland vs Yankees
Seattle vs Houston

NLDS:
St Louis vs Atlanta
Padres vs New York

ALCS:
NY vs Houston

NLCS:
St Louis vs LA

World Series:
LA vs NY

LA wins the battle of the best bought teams.

sibqoshzzoqpsqbejnie.jpg

Of that top list, the only one I'm looking at is the Mets. If I'm Cleveland or Tampa and I win game 1, I'm going for the kill in game 2.

You go for the kill 100% IMO

You can piece it together in the DS, but you HAVE to get there first.

What does your bracket look like?
ALDS:
Cleveland vs Yankees
Seattle vs Houston

NLDS:
St Louis vs Atlanta
Padres vs New York

ALCS:
NY vs Houston

NLCS:
St Louis vs LA

World Series:
LA vs NY

LA wins the battle of the best bought teams.

View attachment 9125437
nl wc- phillies and mets
al wc- tb and toronto

nlds- phillies and mets
alds- yankees and houston

world series- houston vs phillies

phillies take it all

no.....i'm definitely not a phillies fan :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

1665077084852.png

I am 100% Biased, but here we go:

Indians Over Rays
Blue Jays over Mariners
Cardinals over Phillies
Padres over Mets

Indians over Yankees
Astros over Jays
Cardinals over Braves
Dodgers over Padres

Astros over Indians
Dodgers over Cardinals

Astros over Dodgers

If the Phillies win the World Series I’m naming my unborn child Harper. Only because any and all versions of Reggie White have already been emphatically rejected.

The only reason the Astros lost last year was because of their pitching injuries. That has been rectified. I would favor the Astros over anyone except maybe the Dodgers. That is a tough bet. I am an Astros fan so there is bias there.

WC - Cleveland, Toronto, St Louis, and NYM win
DS - Houston, Cleveland, Atlanta, and LA win
CS - Houston and Atlanta
WS - Houston

View attachment 9125437

Let's have some fun right?
WC Round
Tampa over Cleveland
Toronto over Seattle
Cards over Phillies
Mets over Padres

DS Round
Yankees over Tampa
Houston over Toronto
Atlanta over Cards
Mets over Dodgers

CS Round
Astros over Yankees
Atlanta over Mets

Braves over Astros

Yankees are likely to be done by their bullpen, which has been hammered with injuries. DJ hurting his foot, Carp breaking his, and then Benintendi going out when he was finally starting to drive the ball are 3 huge pieces of that lineup that will hurt offensively.

Yankees are likely to be done by their bullpen, which has been hammered with injuries. DJ hurting his foot, Carp breaking his, and then Benintendi going out when he was finally starting to drive the ball are 3 huge pieces of that lineup that will hurt offensively.

Matt Carpenter and his absence hurting a team is something I NEVER thought I would hear in 2022 - What an odd redemption arc he has had.

Matt Carpenter and his absence hurting a team is something I NEVER thought I would hear in 2022 - What an odd redemption arc he has had.

he was mashing the ball. It was absolutely nuts.

he was mashing the ball. It was absolutely nuts.

I honestly still don't understand. He was ABYSMAL for the Cardinals.

I think he was in line for comeback player of the year had he not been hurt.

1665082733784.png

From a 69 WRC+ to a 217 :eek:

As long as it's not the Yankees and the Dodgers, and I would prefer neither winning a series. So, here goes:

WC Round
Tampa over Cleveland
Toronto over Seattle
St. Louis over Philly
NY Mets over San Diego

DS Round
Tampa over NYY
Houston over Toronto
Atlanta over St. Louis
Mets over LA Dodgers

CS Round
Houston over Tampa
Mets over Atlanta

Houston over Mets

Let's Go !!!

WC: Tampa Bay, Toronto, Phillies, New York
DS: Yankees, Houston, Phillies, LA
CS: Yankees, Phillies
WS: Phillies over the Yankees

Just because I would love to see this World Series

I honestly still don't understand. He was ABYSMAL for the Cardinals.

I think he was in line for comeback player of the year had he not been hurt.

View attachment 9125496

From a 69 WRC+ to a 217 :eek:

and that LH bat played so damn well in that lineup.

Friday afternoon game? (n)

Feeling good about the Phillies. Tastykakes were on sale today and as everyone knows, nothing goes better with Phillies baseball than a Tastykake.

Back