EXPERIENCE The 2024 Morgan Cup – Sponsored by Cobra Golf

Looks like Briggs Ranch is ripe for an underdog.

What a stage for this event. Briggs looked incredible all week.

Current Morgan Cup participants and hopefuls. After day one at Briggs Ranch in the current experience thread what are you guys looking forward to experiencing there after following that live thread today?

Did any of you do any strategizing or game planning based on what the guys there now are seeing on course? I know it’s early but figured it might be worth bouncing around in here.
I keep telling myself that I'm not going to throw my name in the hat again but damned if the Goat Cup and Briggs get me to pondering "what if?" My driver is magnitudes better than when I played it last May. I think I would be able to focus more on playing the holes rather than trying to get back in position on way too many holes. I love the short game and putting tests of the green complexes.

Current Morgan Cup participants and hopefuls. After day one at Briggs Ranch in the current experience thread what are you guys looking forward to experiencing there after following that live thread today?

Did any of you do any strategizing or game planning based on what the guys there now are seeing on course? I know it’s early but figured it might be worth bouncing around in here.
I read through the thoughts on @Templet0n's threads and had some idea what to expect. But I was a bit surprised, even though Briggs has been featured before, how much you can gain with a decent driver game. And it really brought home the idea also, that I need to get tighter with my wedge distances. There, from under 100 yds, you really need to know the distance you're playing due to the bunker complexes and the way greens are sloping.

I'm going ShotScope for the coming season, so I'll have a chance to use MyStrategy to figure out what I can and can't expect to do on holes and will make notes...

In a way, nothing changed on what I look forward to, because it's all of it :LOL: But I'm thrilled to take on the course and the matches, which were super interesting all the time in the GOAT Cup. And the fireside chats will be a thing! I know I'll have a really empty feeling going home from there, because I know I'll miss the time there...

quit GIF by The Hills

You know there's no way Paradise is the dog here....
We both know the THP Universe will bet more on Hackers.... making Paradise underdogs yet again....

We both know the THP Universe will bet more on Hackers.... making Paradise underdogs yet again....
People love to root for the underdogs. That’s why the forum goes Hackers. Well that and streaks are meant to be broken. But you can’t be the 4 time defending champ and be the underdog.

This sounds like some kind of weird Uno double reverse situation. 🤣🤣

People love to root for the underdogs. That’s why the forum goes Hackers. Well that and streaks are meant to be broken. But you can’t be the 4 time defending champ and be the underdog.
Will jdtox lead the boys in blue to a 5th victory or will you come in this year and topple the giant.

Stay tuned.

Briggs is going to be awesome for the MC!

🅿️🌴

What a stage for this event. Briggs looked incredible all week.
Definitely a couple holes capable of swinging a match. The PWR-Bridge tech in the Darkspeed lineup will surely play a part in the drivable par 4s.

@dmehrl23 what team is the correct side to support?

GOAT Cup got me really pumped about the fact that we get to go to Briggs Ranch. And had a re-listen of some cats chat about golf.

@TWright971, @Wonger & @Redd not long until we get to see who joins us and the ever present Lord Tox and JB in this fun little escapade!

@TWright971, @Wonger & @Redd not long until we get to see who joins us and the ever present Lord Tox and JB in this fun little escapade!
Can’t wait. Less than a month for signups. About a week following teams will be full. Absolutely cannot wait to see who makes the event, then to get to know all of Team Hackers.

My strategy, sure ya know hit drives long and straight, avoid the water on #6, bunkers are bad, try not to 3-4-5 putt. Seems like a solid strategy 🤣

My strategy, sure ya know hit drives long and straight, avoid the water on #6, bunkers are bad, try not to 3-4-5 putt. Seems like a solid strategy 🤣
Season 6 Knowledge GIF by Friends

Sounds Good Season 4 GIF by The Office

Renewed my GHIN yesterday as our season starts today. Opened the app and saw 12.9 and smiled. The Morgan Cup was a big part of my life and will be for years to come and getting me to my lowest ever cap was just a small part of it. But the equipment is REALLY good. The OL irons were a big factor in that number as was the Aerojet driver. Both of which I had more confidence in than any clubs previously

Renewed my GHIN yesterday as our season starts today. Opened the app and saw 12.9 and smiled. The Morgan Cup was a big part of my life and will be for years to come and getting me to my lowest ever cap was just a small part of it. But the equipment is REALLY good. The OL irons were a big factor in that number as was the Aerojet driver. Both of which I had more confidence in than any clubs previously
If that 5 wood ever leaves your bag I will know you've gone crazy.

If that 5 wood ever leaves your bag I will know you've gone crazy.
If it does, then you'll know you need to buy whatever I replaced it with bc it's going to take something special to move it out

Back