EXPERIENCE The 2024 Morgan Cup – Sponsored by Cobra Golf

It’s the perfect time to experiment a little! Get your core clubs and then make 1 or 2 experimental decisions whether it’s clubs, grips, etc.
This is the way (seemingly). Routine/consistency is huge for me in every area of life, so thinking outside my "normal" could possibly unlock something I never knew I needed. Or it could send me into a tail-spin, never to be heard from again. Either way is fine :ROFLMAO:

Don't worry I will help you choose when the time comes :cool:
I thought you may have already told him what his bag was. Or does that come later?

I thought you may have already told him what his bag was. Or does that come later?

Couple Love GIF by WE tv

I'm currently sitting at 6 solid bag builds and have tried to refrain from more. For now.
I'm surprised it's not more.

I'm surprised it's not more.
Only because I embarrass myself with how much I overthink and hyperfocus. I have intentionally forced myself to give it a break.

This is the way (seemingly). Routine/consistency is huge for me in every area of life, so thinking outside my "normal" could possibly unlock something I never knew I needed. Or it could send me into a tail-spin, never to be heard from again. Either way is fine :ROFLMAO:
It's a great time to try something new. Glad I did with SBx. Sort of wish I had gone with the King Tours but that is mostly wishful thinking imagining I could hit them sonsistently somewhat well.

It’s the perfect time to experiment a little! Get your core clubs and then make 1 or 2 experimental decisions whether it’s clubs, grips, etc.
this right here. If I"m ever lucky enough to get in the the MC I'm going One length. I've thought about it for years, talked it through with a buddy until we're both blue in the face. MC would be the perfect time to just go for it. I'd even go crazy and to a OL Util 4i and OL wedges.

It's a great time to try something new. Glad I did with SBx. Sort of wish I had gone with the King Tours but that is mostly wishful thinking imagining I could hit them sonsistently somewhat well.
I think you are underselling your ability to play the King Tours.

this right here. If I"m ever lucky enough to get in the the MC I'm going One length. I've thought about it for years, talked it through with a buddy until we're both blue in the face. MC would be the perfect time to just go for it. I'd even go crazy and to a OL Util 4i and OL wedges.
Do it! OL would be crazy fun to try. I’ve almost taken the plunge a couple of different times. I like the idea of the OL utility iron because I’m still not super consistent with longer irons but I know the FTs are rocket launchers

Current Morgan Cup participants and hopefuls. After day one at Briggs Ranch in the current experience thread what are you guys looking forward to experiencing there after following that live thread today?

Did any of you do any strategizing or game planning based on what the guys there now are seeing on course? I know it’s early but figured it might be worth bouncing around in here.

Current Morgan Cup participants and hopefuls. After day one at Briggs Ranch in the current experience thread what are you guys looking forward to experiencing there after following that live thread today?

Did any of you do any strategizing or game planning based on what the guys there now are seeing on course? I know it’s early but figured it might be worth bouncing around in here.
The food looks so good. The course looks amazing. Such a good venue.

Strategy.. if playing shamble have someone who hits bombs off the tee

Briggs Ranch looked like it was it pretty good shape for March. The food selection was on point as always. I might have to brush up on my steep bunker game and axe throwing. Corn hole, no need for practice there. I have a few corn hole trophies I use as drink coasters.

As JB said before in one of his AMAs, "from a scoring standpoint, Briggs Ranch, it is the easiest." That being said you still need to play your game. Dont get lazy out there because it will bite you back. Depending on the format, different selections will come into play but it seems to favor the longer hitters. Shamble, hopefully one of you is safe off the tee. Alt shot pops up, put the I'm sorrys away and find the ball and hit it. Combined Shamble could bring carnage if both team members blow up on the same holes. Singles, just go out and play your game, etc. So many scenarios to choose from.

For MC specifically: there's also only so many cobra bag iterations to run through your mind before its ultimately time to make your final decision, choose wisely.

In the end, go out there, have fun and make lasting memories.

As JB said before in one of his AMAs, "from a scoring standpoint, Briggs Ranch, it is the easiest." That being said you still need to play your game. Dont get lazy out there because it will bite you back
Yep, I think that was my biggest take away from following yesterday is that it’s gettable and should make for a VERY EXCITING Morgan Cup this fall. It’s got plenty of opportunities for fireworks but also some opportunities for carnage if guys get too confident.

Look forward to all of it really, but the night chipping and sitting by the fire pit are tops on the list.

Definitely keeping an eye on how the holes are being played, where birdies are being made and bigger numbers. But a lot of my strategizing is really being done at home looking at Shot Scope's "My Strategy" for Briggs Ranch.

Looks to me like a course where getting in play off the tee is fairly simple but the trick might be to getting in position off the tee. From there getting to the right tier on approach as the greens look to be massive. It’s hard to 2 putt a 60 foot double breaker.

On that note, getting to night putt and chip before the first round will be a lot of fun and a lot of learning for all involved. Also hopefully YAGs brings some goodies to try on the range for the participants.

So many changes. Initial thought was Darkspeed max woods, that got changed in the fitting. initial thought was 5w, 7w, hy, 6hy, fitting changed to 3W, 5w, 3hy, 4hy. Darkspeed irons always the play but was 7-GW, fitting added in 6iron. Wedges changed and then changed back again with the new loft releases and putter has changed at least 4 times. And it’s not even close to being time. Going to a cobra demo event in two weeks to hit some more, who knows what comes of that.

I thought this would be easy, and boy was I wrong. Worry a lot about having the wrong setup when I know what I have isn’t wrong at all but that little voice keeps saying “but could it be better?” 😆
If this doesn’t sum up bag selection I’m not sure what does.

Can’t wait to see where you land, and if chats with Yags also moves the needle.

Looks to me like a course where getting in play off the tee is fairly simple but the trick might be to getting in position off the tee. From there getting to the right tier on approach as the greens look to be massive. It’s hard to 2 putt a 60 foot double breaker.

On that note, getting to night putt and chip before the first round will be a lot of fun and a lot of learning for all involved. Also hopefully YAGs brings some goodies to try on the range for the participants.
Judging by the equipment the participants will be using, and all the hype around it, getting in position shouldn’t be an issue

I'm right here with you. I've been intrigued by One Length irons for years and haven't pulled the trigger. I think my next iron purchase will be a set of OLs. So if I somehow get selected, I can't imagine I wouldn't go that route.

Only about a month left until we see who gets in!!!

Difficult to answer with anything other than "everything". It's been incredible to follow along while realizing in a matter of <200 days I will be in a similar position. Honestly, impossible for me to really grasp the enormity of it all. Just makes me that much more grateful and excited for the ride.

Difficult to answer with anything other than "everything". It's been incredible to follow along while realizing in a matter of <200 days I will be in a similar position. Honestly, impossible for me to really grasp the enormity of it all. Just makes me that much more grateful and excited for the ride.
I think that is a very fair answer. There is so much to love and be excited about for Briggs Ranch. Taco Truck, Playing in the bunker, Axe throwing, the food, hanging out at the fire pit. Just so many ways to have an incredible time and that's without even mentioning the golf or hanging out with a big group of THP'ers and Cobra guys to enjoy all those amenities with!!

Back