EXPERIENCE The 2024 Morgan Cup – Sponsored by Cobra Golf

It’s going to come up quick! The hype around Cobra’s releases is real!!

The funny thing is you’re going to tell people what you’re in for and they won’t believe you or they think you’re getting scammed….until you come back with all the incredible stories and swag
Outside of (most) family, this has been my experience for the past couple months: looks of confusion, skepticism, and flat-out disbelief. I am a classic over-sharer anyway, but you can sure bet I've told everyone that would listen, whether they want to hear about it or not. I've sent countless links to people, encouraging them to check out this community, and love to see their reactions when they realize how real THP and The Morgan Cup are!

How many changes have you gone through (on paper / in your head) since putting your bag setup in the Build your Cobra Bag thread.
So many changes. Initial thought was Darkspeed max woods, that got changed in the fitting. initial thought was 5w, 7w, hy, 6hy, fitting changed to 3W, 5w, 3hy, 4hy. Darkspeed irons always the play but was 7-GW, fitting added in 6iron. Wedges changed and then changed back again with the new loft releases and putter has changed at least 4 times. And it’s not even close to being time. Going to a cobra demo event in two weeks to hit some more, who knows what comes of that.

I thought this would be easy, and boy was I wrong. Worry a lot about having the wrong setup when I know what I have isn’t wrong at all but that little voice keeps saying “but could it be better?” 😆

Excuse Me Reaction GIF
Was I unclear? I think you are being a bit sour. Kinda no fun allowed-ish.
This:
Robot All Your Base GIF by The Yetee

Anyone that spends any amount of time in any experience thread knows that they get crazy from time to time. At least this tee stuff was tangentially related unlike some other exp threads. I’m not sure why this thread is suppose to be immune from that sort of stuff.

I could still put in the hybrid tomorrow
Yeah, I don't think the Speedzone would compete with the new offerings. The 2020 Forged Tecs are still solid. Still rocking the MIM tours currently.

Was I unclear? I think you are being a bit sour. Kinda no fun allowed-ish.
This:
Robot All Your Base GIF by The Yetee

Anyone that spends any amount of time in any experience thread knows that they get crazy from time to time. At least this tee stuff was tangentially related unlike some other exp threads. I’m not sure why this thread is suppose to be immune from that sort of stuff.
Thousands of people read this thread and while some nonsense can and will go on from time to time we don't need multiple pages in a row talking about broken tees and dirty gloves. There are other threads for that sort of thing.

Outside of (most) family, this has been my experience for the past couple months: looks of confusion, skepticism, and flat-out disbelief. I am a classic over-sharer anyway, but you can sure bet I've told everyone that would listen, whether they want to hear about it or not. I've sent countless links to people, encouraging them to check out this community, and love to see their reactions when they realize how real THP and The Morgan Cup are!
My fitter and Golftec Coach both looked at me like I’m nuts. My brothers believe me from my previous events and what I received then, but they keep asking me about getting the full bag.

So many changes. Initial thought was Darkspeed max woods, that got changed in the fitting. initial thought was 5w, 7w, hy, 6hy, fitting changed to 3W, 5w, 3hy, 4hy. Darkspeed irons always the play but was 7-GW, fitting added in 6iron. Wedges changed and then changed back again with the new loft releases and putter has changed at least 4 times. And it’s not even close to being time. Going to a cobra demo event in two weeks to hit some more, who knows what comes of that.

I thought this would be easy, and boy was I wrong. Worry a lot about having the wrong setup when I know what I have isn’t wrong at all but that little voice keeps saying “but could it be better?” 😆
I’m sure that’s going to continue after your order is placed. It will all turn to “what if”!

I’m sure that’s going to continue after your order is placed. It will all turn to “what if”!
The tinkering once the clubs are in hand will be bad,🤣

Thousands of people read this thread and while some nonsense can and will go on from time to time we don't need multiple pages in a row talking about broken tees and dirty gloves. There are other threads for that sort of thing.
I feel like most of those posts were the same bantering back and forth about blue and red. Which to be fair is about the extent of what can be talked about during this lull between captain selection and signups. Good news is we've got less just about a month before this thread is on fire with signups, selections, and the real deal deliberating over bag setup, etc..

Going to be great. Until then I'll do what I can to keep this thread popping.

The tinkering once the clubs are in hand will be bad,🤣
“Should I tweak this lie angle .25°?”

The ordering is super exciting and it seems as though there’s a history of people getting carried away😂 you’re supposed to feel like a tour player though!

“Should I tweak this lie angle .25°?”

The ordering is super exciting and it seems as though there’s a history of people getting carried away😂 you’re supposed to feel like a tour player though!
Here's a good rule: If you're going to go tour player crazy on that, but not perform like an actual tour player, by prepared to hear about your order being unnecessarily detailed. 😆

Here's a good rule: If you're going to go tour player crazy on that, but not perform like an actual tour player, by prepared to hear about your order being unnecessarily detailed. 😆
I’m a simple man but others are not

Changes galore can happen until the order gets placed.

I had to sit down and decompress after reading this. You’re stressing me out
1710280652628.gif

Wedges changed and then changed back again with the new loft releases
More options and finishes. So many more combinations for the 4 or 5 bag options the players will put together. I might be low on the # of bag options.

Wow what a sour pus. Just trying to have some fun man, keep the thread active and popping. My bad.
The dictator pops up from time to time, just blow on by.

More options and finishes. So many more combinations for the 4 or 5 bag options the players will put together. I might be low on the # of bag options.
I'm currently sitting at 6 solid bag builds and have tried to refrain from more. For now.

I'm currently sitting at 6 solid bag builds and have tried to refrain from more. For now.
Don't worry I will help you choose when the time comes :cool:

I did my bag build over the weekend and am already wondering if I’d swap the 5W for a 7W or maybe try a OL utility iron or hybrid

Don't worry I will help you choose when the time comes :cool:
Cap, this is what allows me to sleep like a baby, albeit an old baby, each night.

I did my bag build over the weekend and am already wondering if I’d swap the 5W for a 7W or maybe try a OL utility iron or hybrid
I think my ignorance level is helping me not get too far (for me) "into the weeds". I've never hit a UW, never played a FW >5W, never had extra wraps on my grips or loft/lie changes...I'm just clueless enough to still enjoy this process.

I think my ignorance level is helping me not get too far (for me) "into the weeds". I've never hit a UW, never played a FW >5W, never had extra wraps on my grips or loft/lie changes...I'm just clueless enough to still enjoy this process.
It’s the perfect time to experiment a little! Get your core clubs and then make 1 or 2 experimental decisions whether it’s clubs, grips, etc.

Back