The BBQ Sauce Thread

Kinder California Gold. It's a mustard based BBQ sauce. Really good.

I've got four sauces I'm using right now. Two are from BBQ joints. Hawg Wild in Brevard, NC and Hamaknockers here in Crawfordville, FL. The other two are grocery store buys. Sweet Baby Rays, because, well, Sweet Baby Rays, and Cattleman's.

Personally I am drawn to sweet sauces, and being in KC I just usually grab Oklahoma Joes signature sauce. It is perfection to me

Montgomery Inn is my go to. Not sure if it's sold nationally, but it's terrific

Montgomery Inn is my go to. Not sure if it's sold nationally, but it's terrific
Really like Montgomery Inn sauce. Doesn't over power the meat.

My brother's sweet and spicy pepper mustard.

Having pulled pork tonight so bumping this seemed appropriate. I have Stubbs original and a RIb Rack Southern Bourbon sauce. I haven't had Stubbs original in forever and the Rib Rack is new. I have been using Sticky Fingers Memphis for awhile but I'm out.

Rib Rack definitely. Or you can make your own. For pulled pork it's simple.

Jack Stack BBQ or Kansas City Joe’s. Hands down my two favorites! Unfortunately, I’m completely out of both and living in Pennsylvania now...

For us around here, there is Head Country, then there is everything else.

Jack Stack BBQ or Kansas City Joe’s. Hands down my two favorites! Unfortunately, I’m completely out of both and living in Pennsylvania now...

If you like those, check out Blues Hog Original.
One of our favorites as of late.

Williamson Bros. tonight.

Sweet Baby Rays has been my favorite but at a Bills tailgate party this year guy from Dallas came and he brought ribs. The sauce was “Rudys Bar-BQ Sause” best ive ever had.

When I'm not lazy and buying storebought stuff, I have a great homemade BBQ sauce recipe passed down from my Pop that I make once in a while. A batch is about a gallon, so it lasts for a while. Nice sticky, sweet, spicy KC style sauce.

I agree about the homemade stuff. I have several real good sauces all different but all very good
Problem is that it makes too much and I end up giving it away. Even tried to half the recipe but just didn't have the spice I wanted or it was too sweet, or whatever.

Sweet Baby Ray's Sweet and Spicy if my go to sauce.

Sweet Baby Rays has been my favorite but at a Bills tailgate party this year guy from Dallas came and he brought ribs. The sauce was “Rudys Bar-BQ Sause” best ive ever had.
This is going to sound a bit snooty, but that's the most New York comment about bbq I've ever heard. Rudy's is like the Wendy's of bbq down here. (Dickies is the Burger King)

This is going to sound a bit snooty, but that's the most New York comment about bbq I've ever heard. Rudy's is like the Wendy's of bbq down here. (Dickies is the Burger King)
I guess its like when i hear people not from Buffalo talk about chicken wings . Ive had wings out of town and they werent even close to the real deal I thought it was really good but if there are some that are better and i can order on line let me know. Thanks

My BIL is the head waiter at Jack Stack in KC.

Dinosaur BBQ Wango Tango is my favorite by far, but unfortunately it can't be found in Hawaii. I've had some local sauces that are pretty tasty, but nothing that even comes close to Dinosaur BBQ for me. I typically like the sweet and spicy sauces, but I haven't found any that really stand out in quite some time!

We just got these at one of our local supermarkets. Several different flavors. I'll have to give it a whirl.

I've only run into one barbecue sauce I didn't like and that was Budweiser's. I thought it was awful. My favorite one is Sonny's Sweet Sauce from Sonny's BBQ restaurants down in Florida. One of the only things I actually miss from living there.

Last edited:
If you have a Fresh Market in your area, their Memphis sauce is really solid.

I have a fresh market across from a Cooper’s Hawk winery. I have a wine membership at Coopers hawk and I have got to go pick up a few bottles of wine this week as they’re still open for pick up and I’ll stop by fresh market and check it out

Back