The best shot of the round

Hole #1 Brea Creek this morning. 123 yards. My tee shot landed below the hole in front of the flag about 3 feet away. Of course I missed the birdie putt, but still got the par.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5 wood from the left rough from 245 to about 13 feet

1st tee shot, drove the green with my 3 hybrid. Even better holed the putt for eagle

I hit an all carry 285 yd drive up hill into a stiff breeze on a line that could make a guy want to **** himself. So that felt pretty good. Especially after being a hot mess off the tee yesterday.

Hit a pretty mediocre drive, then hit my 2 Hybrid onto the back of the green from 250 yards out on the par 5 ninth hole. Ended up 3 putting, due to having a really hard putt from the top of a 2 tier green but one of the best shots I've hit from the fairway on a par 5 in a while.

Attachments

• 2020-06-26_12-13-14.png
    2020-06-26_12-13-14.png
    117.8 KB · Views: 4
Hit a pretty mediocre drive, then hit my 2 Hybrid onto the back of the green from 250 yards out on the par 5 ninth hole. Ended up 3 putting, due to having a really hard putt from the top of a 2 tier green but one of the best shots I've hit from the fairway on a par 5 in a while.

I'm not sure I'd classify a 250y drive as "mediocre", but when the 2h off the deck goes as far as a driver off the tee, then either one was great or the other lousy.

Nice shot!

For the record, I hate 3 putts, but I'll take a 3 putt par from long distance or a difficult location any day.

I'm not sure I'd classify a 250y drive as "mediocre", but when the 2h off the deck goes as far as a driver off the tee, then either one was great or the other lousy.

Nice shot!

For the record, I hate 3 putts, but I'll take a 3 putt par from long distance or a difficult location any day.

Thanks, yea, wasn't a bad drive, but I average 269 so not my best effort but won't complain about 250 in the middle of the fairway. I have never hit my 2 hybrid that far onto the green.

Drained a 25 foot putt with about 2 feet of left to right break for a birdie.

Closing hole par 5. Forced carry of 265 yards and just made it. I have an uphill 185 that plays almost 210. Hit my 4 iron about as pure as it gets. Pin high at 12' away. Settled for a tap in birdie. Closed out a round of -1 on a course I struggle with.
In the picture you get an idea of how uphill it is.
518580720c330bcea8b5ddbd9d29f7fe.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

I nearly holed out the closing hole (#9) at Brea Creek today. 130ish down hill. 7 iron landed left of the pin kicked right and nearly holed out. I had a 3 foot birdie putt which I of course missed right. But got my par!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Closest i have ever legitamely come to a hole in one was on a par 3 today. Hit it 4 foot past and spun it back to 3 inches. You can see the ball mark in the picture below.

20200627_121818_HDR.jpg

Closest i have ever legitamely come to a hole in one was on a par 3 today. Hit it 4 foot past and spun it back to 3 inches. You can see the ball mark in the picture below.

View attachment 8950872
Hope you made the putt.

9 iron today on the 16th, hit a nice high fade to 10ft and then holed the putt to keep the birdie streak round going

Took a little off a 7 iron from 157 to about 8 feet to set up the only birdie of the round.

24 foot putt for birdie. Was dead centre from the moment it left the club.

Took a little off a 7 iron from 157 to about 8 feet to set up the only birdie of the round.
Those are pretty satisfying,, aren't they...

I didn’t post after each round so here are a few of them from the past few days:

In the rough on an embankment behind the hole, I chipped from the rough to the rough (parallel to the hole). The ball bounced twice, trickled out of the rough, then picked up steam as it went down the embankment and into the hole for birdie.

6i playing from 175 dead into a head wind and uphill. I hit it so pure it didn’t have a scintilla of sidespin. It cut through the wind and stopped about 5ft from the hole. Just a beautiful iron shot.

3h playing from 225, uphill, to reach a par 5 in 2.

The first hole of my last round. Had 91 yards to the pin. Had to go over a big oak tree. Pulled off the shot. 2 putt par.
After that it was all down hill

Knocked a 184 5 iron to about 10 feet, lagged the birdie for tap in par in league match to go 2 up with two to play...

189yd approach that stopped about 6ft from the hole. 🐦🐤🐣🦆🦢

Last edited:
80 yd approach on the par 4 8th hole to 3 ft. Made the putt. 100 yd approach on 17th hole par 5 to 5 ft. Made the putt. Two birdie round.

170 yd par 3 up hill into the wind, hit a 6 iron to about 8 ft, the birdie put just lipped out and settled for par

254y 5wd 2nd shot on a 550+ yard par 5. Ended up greenside. Unfortunately, I ran the chip about 15' past and missed it. Had to settle for par.Screenshot_20200627-223858_Golf Pad.jpg

Several pitch shots that wound up being kick-ins and one that actually found the bottom of the hole (actually the top of the foam noodle LOL)

Probably the best today was the wedge I hit from 86 yards to four feet setting up the fourth birdie of the day.

Back