The best shot of the round

5 iron from 180 against a slight breeze on a tough par 3 to about 12 feet to set up a rare birdie on the hole.

Drivable par 4 through a chute that I normally take 3 wood or 5 wood on. I was hitting my driver well so took a rip and drove it to the fringe. Chipped it close and tapped in the birdie.

So close!!!
D9D2D5F7-4504-421A-A731-4800FEE07DF0.jpeg

Me and the father in law teamed up against my regular partners today. We were up all match until the 17th when they went 1 up. On the 18th I hit a blinding 4 hybrid into the 18th par 5, slightly uphill and into the wind. Set up an easy little chip for a birdie to finish all square.
712D7058-16A5-4A9A-9C9A-725165D76844.png

Two shots actually.
The first on was our 10th hole, a par 3 over water. I hit a flushed 6 iron which ended up 18" directly behind the hole. I kidded my golf group that it might have been my 2nd HIO in 58 years if that damn styrofoam filler wasn't in the cup.
The second was on #17, a nice par 4. I hit my 3rd shot (maybe 50 yards), a high LW to 6" of the cup for a tap in par.

45-foot putt from the fringe for birdie. A downhill slider that broke 6 feet and dropped into the center of the cup.

Hit a hook shot around a tree and over the water from 160 yards out with my 8 iron to 7 feet. Missed the putt, but was happy to get out of there with a par.

Best shot of my life! 302 yard par 4 dogleg left. Ive been watching @OldandStiff cut doglegs all year and thought it was about time I tried:ROFLMAO:
Hit driver right at green hit bank above sandtrap and had no idea where it went.
IMG_8531.jpg
And this is what I saw when I went by the green.
IMG_8532.jpg
Thank God I made eagle putt! About the only green I didnt 3 putt:mad:

Best shot of my life! 302 yard par 4 dogleg left. Ive been watching @OldandStiff cut doglegs all year and thought it was about time I tried:ROFLMAO:
Hit driver right at green hit bank above sandtrap and had no idea where it went.
View attachment 8951248
And this is what I saw when I went by the green.
View attachment 8951254
Thank God I made eagle putt! About the only green I didnt 3 putt:mad:

YES! Aggressive lines for the win!!!

And way too finish it. Great eagle, dude!

58 degree wedge from 90 yards to about a foot and a half to set up the only birdie of the round.

We've got a course where the 18th is a 540 yard monster because it's always into the wind. Today was pretty typical with a 1 1/2 to 2 club wind in your face. Even after crushing my driver and 3-fairway metal, I was still 125 yards out, but knew it would play like a 140 yard knockdown, which I hit to 3 feet left of the cup. Result? Birdie.

3i from 227 on a par 5, hit it 4Y past the hole :unsure:

Holed a real short-sided bunker shot today. Just dropped it in the perfect spot and the slope did the rest.

Holed a real short-sided bunker shot today. Just dropped it in the perfect spot and the slope did the rest.
Saw that on Grint.

Showoff...

Was roping my driver all day but the shot of the day was the first game use of the new sim max 3W. Absolutely hammered this. I was kicking myself a little because I dialed back the driver to play a bit of a fade and ruined any chance of getting home in 2, but still managed the birdie enough.
8d4aa22240a8cbe7416b42b880d4d6cf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Par 3 7th. Missed the birdie putt (of course) but made a much harder birdie putt on 8 immediately after.

38e94f462162f298433275f6b7348513.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dreamed that I holed out a 4h from just over 200y for an albatross. Does that count?

9 iron from 133 into a little breeze to 3 inches. So close to an ace... The ball hit right behind the left side of the hole and came to rest just right of the ball mark right behind the hole.

9 iron from 133 into a little breeze to 3 inches. So close to an ace... The ball hit right behind the left side of the hole and came to rest just right of the ball mark right behind the hole.
Wow! Would that have been your first?

Wow! Would that have been your first?

Would have been the first witnessed one. Had 1 solo about 20 years ago. I was playing solo today but 3 guys were letting me play through on that particular tee box so would have had them as witnesses had it gone in.

Would have been the first witnessed one. Had 1 solo about 20 years ago. I was playing solo today but 3 guys were letting me play through on that particular tee box so would have had them as witnesses had it gone in.
That would be the ultimate way to play through.

Third on a par 5, with 112 left. Landed 2' past the hole, rolled out to maybe 10', drained the birdie

I hit a 25 yd cross ridge, downhill pitch to an insanely elevated green to 3" that if you gave me another 50 tries I couldn't get within 10', for a tap in bogey after taking an unplayable.

Drained a 10 foot par putt to get up/down and stay only 1 stroke down with 2 to play. Ended up tying the match.

Back