The best shot of the round

75 yards out today , hit a SW nice and high towards the Flagstick -- it hit the edge of the hole and then the stick and then bounced back 2 feet.

I've been playing at this course since April. I've probably played 30 rounds there since joining. The 7th hole is a short par 5... listed at 500 yards on the card, but it's a dogleg right and you can cut the corner with a good shot. Yesterday, I finally hit a good enough drive to where I had a look at the green on my second shot. I had about 210 up the hill to the hole which was cut about 8 yards from the edge of the bunker fronting the green. The shot was playing about 220 or so with the slope and the breeze so I took my 3 wood and struck it perfectly. A nice, high draw that landed 6 feet behind the cup and settled at 21 feet.

Unfortunately, our greens were punched about 2 weeks ago and they're not healed yet. This makes speed control very tricky and I left the eagle putt just shy... but it was an easy, tap-in birdie so... I can't really complain!

One of many good chips/pitches around the green. (Of course, the flip of that is that I HAD so many opportunities.)

Yanked my tee shot right leaving it in the rough about 100 feet right of the flag. The lie was iffy, so I decided on a more upright swing and pop it up so it would land about 7 feet short and 10 feet right and with the spin and slope of the green feed the rest of the way to the hole. Nearly holed it and it stopped inside of a foot for a kick in par save.

3rd shot pw on the par 4 4th hole at Tustin Ranch. Set me up for a one putt for par.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gotta love when you can stick it from about 120 and knock on the birdie....

Also love the huge bomb...what's better birdies...

GW from ~71y to 10' to save par.

20200925_223828.jpg

I put a few wedge approaches real close today that were tougher, but I'm sick of posting wedges. This 7i got me a birdie to finish the front 9 strong.

Short par 5, only 485... pulled my tee shot into the trees and got a lucky bounce back into the fairway.

I had 250y left in to a green about 15 feet below the fairway. Due to tree trouble left the only play to the green was to start 3w out to the right and draw it back in.

It was not the smart shot to take since right/long is OB, and if the shot didn't draw it'd be out of bounds for sure.

Took a deep breath, backed off once to get my head right and hit the draw I wanted. Started on an OB line and turned back to the green. Ended up just short in 2, chipped on for 3 and made the putt for a birdie 4 to put the match away.

Approach on 18 was my best shot of the round yesterday. 165 to a green about 30 yards up. Blind shot over a long grass ridge and OB just right and nasty slopes and bunkers left. Green has extreme slopes. It is one of the hardest approach shot setups I have ever played from middle of fairway. I hit my distance and line, although the outcome was above the hole for a hope and prayer putt.

after missing right on 2 & 3 on the front 9, i went into the next par 4 (#5) thinking i want to hit a baby fade, knowing full well this has never been on "on-call" shot for me...tee off a beautiful baby fade that settled in the middle of the fw for a wedge in (which i put just right of the green :rolleyes:...still a small win for me, tho)...20'ish yard chip for a tap in par. i really need to work on that shot to make it automatic (well, somewhat automatic anyway)

Even though it missed the green, this was the first shot with the new sim max hybrid. It was off a soft mushy fairway due to rain and it interacted with the turf to perfection. The trajectory was perfect, and there’s no doubt it would have stuck this green had i not turned it over a bit. I had one other shot with the hybrid out of the rough and that was a close second to this shot.

f26d4f806b69b9735b12d63fce5d61de.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nailed the flag from 102 with a 54 degree wedge. Ball ended up about 4 feet from the hole and made the birdie putt.

After a great drive I had about 140 left to the hole. After playing safe all day I decided to go right at the pin. I smoked my 48 wedge and landed just short of the hole on the top of a slope and rolled about 10 ft leaving myself a 10 footer for birdie. My putting was awful and I ended up with bogey but man the approach felt good.

I had several worthy candidates today, but after giving it some though I am going to go with the 6i from 145 out on the par 4 7th hole of the Lakes. Pin was back right and it started a yard right of the flag and never left the line. Even better it stopped about 4 feet from it's pitch mark which left me pin high. As I said in the other thread, this hole is a 5% GIR at best.

PW from 114Y to 2 feet. Made the birdie putt.

Screenshot_20200927-112337_TheGrint.jpg

The 173 was actually 176 to the pin, and I hit a sweet buttery Rose Proto 7i 177 to

20200927_090900.jpg

right there, for a kick in eagle.

I had several worthy candidates today, but after giving it some though I am going to go with the 6i from 145 out on the par 4 7th hole of the Lakes. Pin was back right and it started a yard right of the flag and never left the line. Even better it stopped about 4 feet from it's pitch mark which left me pin high. As I said in the other thread, this hole is a 5% GIR at best.
And you made the putt, right?

Par 3 - 173... Skirted by the hole, quick thoughts of an ace ... IMG_20200926_173025.jpg

Hulk Smash drive on 17 to 15 short and 15 right.

Didn’t get up and down for the bird though, bad chunky lie turned into a crappy chip, which turned into burning another edge. 64969542-598D-44D5-B8C4-108EF8DE54DA.jpeg

I'll take this tee shot. Choked a 5wd and cut it back into the wind to a pin on the upper tier.

Screenshot_20200927-195732_Golf Pad.jpg

275 straight off the tee, leaving 75 in to the hole!
FDA01286-9DFA-43F4-885B-E8DA78A62F5F.jpeg94FC6447-1F71-4F7E-8DE6-E4664F6643A7.jpeg

Nice to bomb the driver straight to leave wedges in!15106828-F6AB-45DB-B2E1-7720CBCF9968.jpeg76F41E0C-BE2F-44BA-9F07-7E00F05116C1.jpeg

Back