The best shot of the round

20200929_125904.jpg

It is absolutely this drive on a par 4 that I go after every time, and had yet to make it on/stay on the green. The wind was hard into us and left to right, and you CANNOT go over the tall tree. Believe me I've tried. It's too close to the green for how tall it is. If you manage to clear it, it's impossible to stay on the back. So you have to go left of it but not left far enough to be in the other trees, or right of it and hit a big draw. That wasn't happening with the wind today. I actually hit a little draw through the tree slot, because if the wind died suddenly it would be at the pin. The wind took it over perfectly to thread it through heading back right though and drop it on. Boom. Putting for eagle.

Nothing spectacular, but a 25-foot putt with an 18 inch right to left break was nice to hole.

Greenside bunker from 40 feet, 60* wedge to 2 feet. I almost jarred it on the fly and it bounced once and sat nicely to leave me a short birdie putt on the long par 5.

Smooth 8i from 149 out that put me 10-15ft past the hole to get on in two...🐤time.

Hit one of the best shots I've ever hit on 18 yesterday. Absolutely chunked my 2nd shot on a par 5 into a fairway bunker. Had 180 in from there, over water to a tucked pin. Absolutely pured it to about 2 feet for a tap in birdie. Guess the chunk was a strategic layup.

Chip in for birdie with a 58 degree wedge

Hit one of the best shots I've ever hit on 18 yesterday. Absolutely chunked my 2nd shot on a par 5 into a fairway bunker. Had 180 in from there, over water to a tucked pin. Absolutely pured it to about 2 feet for a tap in birdie. Guess the chunk was a strategic layup.
Without shots like your 2nd shot, you would never get to play the hero shot!

Screenshot_20201001-151951_TheGrint.jpg

Breeze might have turned a little so it wasn't just across from the right, must have got some good roll in a fairway speed slot, etc etc, blah blah I don't really care. I went after one today, and it somehow went 360 freaking yards.

Putting particularly well. We'll go with an uphill 30-footer that broke 1 foot right. We're still playing with cups that have those foam inserts that come to just a half inch below the surface. Makes sinking those long putts tough, because if you are just a little off on speed or direction you are going to have a lip out. Had a few of those too.

today, it was a 25ft putt for a par save...poured right in.

Had the yardage wrong on a blind wedge approach. Was on line of the stick, but came up 22' short. Dropped a no doubt uphill left breaker for birdie. I was in full stride by the time it fell. Love that feeling.

35-foot putt that meant something. Played with a friend who loves to play all kinds of games. On the back nine we played a putting game where once everyone is on the putting surface you rank each putt by distance. If the shortest putt is holed you earn $1, second shortest $2, third shortest $3 and longest putt earns $4. But of course only if holed. On #10 everyone else chipped on, so that 35-footer was the longest putt and got me off to a good start. At the end I was in everyone's pocket.

Had a par 3 today at around 142. Tee'd a bit high so I would not overshoot the pin and hit an 8 iron and landed about 16" short of the pin. If that sucker would have rolled it would have been a hole in one. I still enjoyed the birdie though. :cool:

Knockdown 9 iron dead into the wind from 120 to 2 feet to set up an easy birdie.

Today I had 85 to the flag and hit a 80% LW which never left the flag and finished inside 2 feet. (I did make the kick in birdie)

Had 2 fantastic sand shots today. First one landed and rolled to within 2 inches of cup. The second one landed and rolled in for birdie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today's best shot was 125 yard PW to 8 inches and a tap in birdie.

Was backed up against a pond. Stood up on my toes with my heels hovering over the pond and chipped the ball from nearly between my legs. Traveled about 40 yards and nailed the pin, finishing about 6 feet past the hole. It’s always fun to hit those shots especially during a bad round.

95 yard punch GW from a tough lie, to the bottom of the cup for eagle.

I was sitting at +11 on the 8th tee wondering whether I’d ever hit a decent golf shot again in my life... downhill par 3, pin is 155, playing 140 with the elevation drop. Water short and bunker left.

I hit a nice smooth 8i with a little draw on it about 10 feet past the hole and a bit to the right (see divot in pic). Damn thing came back to about an inch. Closest I’ve been to a HOI.

Played the next 10 holes at +4 to end up with a 47/39-86.

ADEA91F5-4633-4BD4-86CB-73F51F8553FB.jpeg

I was sitting at +11 on the 8th tee wondering whether I’d ever hit a decent golf shot again in my life... downhill par 3, pin is 155, playing 140 with the elevation drop. Water short and bunker left.

I hit a nice smooth 8i with a little draw on it about 10 feet past the hole and a bit to the right (see divot in pic). Damn thing came back to about an inch. Closest I’ve been to a HOI.

Played the next 10 holes at +4 to end up with a 47/39-86.

View attachment 8967106

NICE SHOT!

LW out of the rough from 98 yards with a slight tail wind and mud all over the back of the ball to a foot and a half to set up a tap in birdie.

Back