The best shot of the round

92a94e4e97eec85a0bea849a7b5ed7c2.jpg

2nd hole. Par 3. Couldn't tell if it hit the pin and came back or just spun back. Ace would have been nice but will take a tap in birdie nonetheless.

Three stand out yesterday.

58* wedge 30 yards from bunker to 3' on a #15, Par 3 - made putt for par
3 wood 230 yards second shot up hill, blind on #16, Par 5 to front fringe of green (just missed the eagle chip and it spun out to 6' - two putt for par)
9 iron 147 yards to 2' on #18 - made birdie

Last edited:
On Tuesday, playing a new course that was pretty poor (Gotts Park in Leeds) but I had to try because it's a mile from home. 191 yard par 3 across a deep dip, about my limit for a reliable driver shot (pathetic, I know), caught it really nice and landed it on the green about 25 feet from the pin. The 3 putt bogey wasn't great but the tee shot was a great feeling!

92a94e4e97eec85a0bea849a7b5ed7c2.jpg

2nd hole. Par 3. Couldn't tell if it hit the pin and came back or just spun back. Ace would have been nice but will take a tap in birdie nonetheless.

Same hole, even closer today. 1.5' Wednesday. 1.5" today.

46c6a3900c47a8b787c9d7802f725fad.jpg

For some unknown reason, I pulled the heavenwood out of the bag for the last few rounds. Today, I put it back in, and did this from 230 yards on the par 5 second:

1ae60cc409c79f4765b955fbd0f85c85.jpg

#easybirdie

For some unknown reason, I pulled the heavenwood out of the bag for the last few rounds. Today, I put it back in, and did this from 230 yards on the par 5 second:

1ae60cc409c79f4765b955fbd0f85c85.jpg

#easybirdie

Nice, Pete...I hit my best shot of the round on the same hole, a 6 iron to about 8-10' and missed the Eagle Putt.

Had a couple today, but have to say the best was on the first hole of the day. After a pulled tee shot that landed in the next fairway I was left with a 165 yards over trees into a steady wind. I left it about 30 yards short. Then the shot came, I hit my 58 to about 3 feet, one skip past the hole then spun back and dropped to the bottom of the cup for a birdie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chip in for birdie.

Nice, Pete...I hit my best shot of the round on the same hole, a 6 iron to about 8-10' and missed the Eagle Putt.
You hit a couple of really good shots on that hole. My drive on that hole left me in pretty good position.

I am going with the 8 iron I hit on the first hole that I decided to draw through about 15-20 trees and not hit a single tree. Pin high just off the green, up and down for par - just like I drew it up.

LW from 90 yards to a foot for an easy birdie.

Drained 3 birdie putts in the 15 - 20 foot range. Won't talk about the 2 inside 10 feet that I missed.

Chip in for birdie.

Good thing you were aiming at the other green on your second shot. :bananadance:

Mine was the 145yd cut shot from the dirt behind the tree on #15. Obviously, I missed the 5 or 6 foot birdie putt; P. B. Dye greens got me all day.

Decided id try something different today and try a bump and run with a PW on our longest par 5 (480m). I was just off the front for 2 and hit it clean and it was rolling at the hole and i was yelling at it "go in, go in" and it dropped in the side of the hole for eagle, thinking about it now its the first time ive eagled that hole.

Best shot today was probably into the par 3rd hole. Picked the wrong club so I was a bit long, but it hung on the flag line the whole way and gave me a great birdie look.

Love shots like that.

After a good drive just off the fairway had 120 to pin. Hit a 52 wedge to about a foot away for a birdie. Was on the 2nd hole so played great after that and shot a PB 76 38/38.

Twisty par 5 with a downhill surrounded by pines. (Typical farm course for Indy). I send a drive short and far right, but recover with a solid hit with my sketchy 7 hybrid. I end up on the back fringe in 2 strokes, on a short par 5.

I fat chip it short, then two put a easy shot and end up with par. (shouldve been eagle). Was proud of my long shots, horrible end result. The struggles of a 25 handicapper lol.

I did although have a great 110 par 3 shot, landed on the pin, and though it was rolling back, ended up 5 feet south of the pin and putted in for birdie. Thats been my highlight the past 2 months.

Had a number yesterday playing the tips at Black Mesa but if I had to pick one it was on #8, 250 yards par 3, 3 wood tee shot was 251 yards was on the fringe pin high 9 feet left. Birdie putt was one roll short - tap in par.

attachment.php

25 yard uphill pitch to a short sided pin 15 or 20 feet on the green to a foot to save par.

195 yds out of a fairway bunker with my brand new hybrid #4.
It was the first shot ever with this club. It just came in yesterday.

The best shot of the round

Two come to mind today... not very sexy but they reflect a much better approach to the game than I usually take.

There are two short par 4s on my home course: 360y and 285y. I'm usually dumb and hit driver on both... which introduces some trouble on each hole.

I hit my 3hyb on both holes today, kept it in the short grass and went par/bogey. Felt good to make the right decision and see it pay off... I'm an 18 cap so bogey basically = par for me.

I had endured a few snickers from 1 or 2 in the playing group yesterday at my playing MB irons, and on 18 one fellow even offered to "enlighten" me by offering me one of his hybrids to try...

I declined, and with a dose of concentration and a little luck I hit my 6 iron 203yds leaving it 2 short of the pin. Up and down for 2 and I managed to add the score card by the time the rest had tidied up.

The golf gods might have stopped smiling by now but I haven't.

Probably a short-sided pitch with a lob wedge to a couple of inches to avert a double after driving into a hazard on a par 4. The second best shot would have been the choked down 3 wood I had to get up quick over trees to be in position to hit the pitch to save bogey.

313 yard par 4, very slightly downhill (maybe 10 feet tee to green) shallow green guarded by bunkers. Hit driver, landed pin high and rolled just over. Pitched to 2 feet and made bird.

9 iron from 143 to 3 feet for a birdie.

Back