The best shot of the round

8th hole second shot from 167. 6 iron into the sun, can’t see a thing but knew I struck it well. It sat 3 feet from the pin for an easy birdie putt. Worst shot? That easy birdie putt rimmed out. :confused:

5 wood 2nd shot into a par 5 from 210 that I had to put a big hook on to get it around some trees. Ended up on the green about 25 feet from the hole. Just missed the eagle putt and tapped in for birdie.

8 iron from out of the rough at 144 yards over water. Landed 4 feet from the pin. Missed the birdie putt.

From my round on Friday...best shot was on a drivable par-4 and nuked a drive just off the back left corner of the green. Got up and down for a birdie but that drive was the best one I had all day.

8i from 156 to a foot. One of those rare shots that was executed exactly as planned.

Pulled the shot horribly left into the pond. But wait--the pond is frozen! The ball rolled--or slid?--all the way across the pond and bounced out/off onto the grass on the other side, leaving it pin high. (Farther than I could have carried it, for sure.) A pitch and a putt for par on a tricky hole, and I didn't lose my ball. :)

2 weeks ago....

Ball in the woods but a good lie. Take my medicine and chip back to the fair or go for the hero shot. I had an opening between a "V" in a tree. I figured if I could get it through there and keep it low and stay under the branches from the tree in front of it I could roll it the rest of the way up the fairway, catch the mound to the left of the green and then have it roll down to the green itself. This mental decision took all of 2 1/2 seconds and I went for....and pulled it off! Proceeded to follow that up with a 3 putt and a 6 for the hole (on a par 4). Such is golf!

4 hybrid from 196 to about 10 feet to set up an eagle. Lone real bright spot of the round.

Had one of those days where tempo felt smooth, the ball was jumping off the club and all was well with the universe. Hit 5i off the tee on a 275y par 4 that requires a little draw and it went just like I saw it in my mind... started out on the line I chose, drew back up to the flat part of the fairway and rolled out nicely for a 205y 5i.

I nice 107 pw to inside 6" of the hole for a birdie,
cf4226e2ee5f4f3ff9c4d4220bb37add.jpg

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

170-yard par 3 to a front pin. Landed just short of the green, bounced on and turned to the left following the slope of the green. Settled inside of 6 feet right of the flag. Made the putt for birdie.

Best shot yesterday was a bunker shot to 4'. Slid the par putt by and ended up with bogey. Greens were rolling pretty quick for November.

194-yd 4/5 hybrid off the tee on a sharp dogleg-left hole, to the ideal spot in the fairway for the approach.

This wasn't a recent round but probably one of my best shots this year. Par 5, 510ish yards. Bombed my drive. Had 195 out and hit my 4i Apex Pro to about 8 inches. Had that tap in for eagle.
47acb1ea2933e1bf1d7a3ddaee9e29a9.jpg

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

205 yard second shot to the hole from a sidehill lie in medium rough. Hit a baby fade that rolled on and stopped 6 feet from the cup.

I had two today that stood out to me. First was a 154 yard 7 iron on a par 3 to about a foot and a half for birdie! The second was 138 yard 9 iron on my third shot into the green on a par 5. Pin was tucked in the back left on the upper level with water all around the back. I stuck that ball to 4.5 feet!
480506A5-7706-492E-9213-49B9AE4E1E59.jpeg

Don't you love it when you walk up to the green, can't find your ball, then find it at the bottom of the cup? A blind second shot on a par 4 for eagle.

My second shot today on a par 5! I hit my 5 wood 222 and left myself just 5 yards off the green. i was close enough to try the putt for eagle and just missed but made the birdie!

4 hybrid from 198 to 4 feet to set up a birdie on the #1 handicap hole on the course. Only birdie it a few times a year.

So freaking close to a HIO... 135 into a 15 - 20 mph wind. Hit a knockdown 3/4 7 iron that ended up here:
bebe5c46fb7a805a958ba18b7844256a.jpg

Absolutely pured a 7i on a par 3. Needed 145. Got 160+ in the air in 30 degree weather.

Not happy about the outcome, but really happy with the strike.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

210 Yards Par 3.

Hit a 3 Iron and held my breath as it almost rolled into the cup.

As we drove up we were shocked at how close it came to being an Ace. 20191210_084547.jpg

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

20191210_122906.jpg

20191210_122724.jpg

Last round it was this one, for an easy eagle.

Any one of the many 5 - 10 par saving putts I made on another terrible ball striking day.

I had two very good shots today. First one was an open 54 wedge from 60 yards that landed and backed up and rolled just over the edge of the cup. An almost eagle. Second one was a 168 yard par 3. Hit a 7 iron I thought for sure was going to be a HIO. Hit it perfectly straight right at the flag. Got up to the green and it was right on line 12 inches short. Tapped in for birdie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back