The Cable Guy: Cult Classic, or Terrible Film?

I think it's a terrible film, but I know there are people out there that love it, just can't figure out why.

Just not my kind of movie. Terrible film.
But I think in order for a film to be a 'cult classic' it has to be so terrible that only a select few who are in the 'cult' enjoy it.

So the answer is both.

Horrible stupid Jim Carrey character

Cult classic... So many quotable lines and perfect 90s Jim carrey

I think it's a pretty good film. The reason people hate it is because it makes them cringe. That's the whole point of the movie so mission accomplished IMO.

I remember having the soundtrack to this, but never saw the movie. Tried watching it a few times when I'd see it on TV, but it never held my interest. Not a huge Jim Carey fan, but I've still been able to sit through his movies. This one I jut couldn't.

Sorry. Wasn't a fan then, still not.

Absolutely terrible film. Besides the Batman movie he did, probably the worst Jim Carey movie.

There were a few bits from that movie that were funny, but it's not something I stop and watch if it's ever on.

A Stinker.

Isn't every Jim Carey film terrible? Even one of my favorite movies of all time, dumb and dumber was not great. Its his niche though

Atrocious.

Terrible film. Carrey's darkest character ever.

i need to watch it again. i remember being excited for it when it came out, and HATED it. but i'd give it another shot.

There were a few bits from that movie that were funny, but it's not something I stop and watch if it's ever on.
Bad movie but that medieval times scene cracks me up.

Never saw it, and based on the comments, I'm glad I didn't, lol.

It’s terrible. Carrey’s best work, by far, was on In Living Color.

Can it be somewhere in between.
Its bad, not terrible though.
I don't know that I would term it a cult-classic though.

You could potentially say that about a lot of his movies though. It's ok, not great. Not terrible either though.

Considering his body of work it’s one of his worst. Plus back when this movie came out I actually was a cable guy. So hearing “CABLE GUY!” for a couple years from half my customers was less than enjoyable. The jail scene with the “Oh Billy” I have been guilty of using (and even performing) 🤣

I had successfully erased this one from memory, until now.

Back