The Car Shopping Thread

The Optima is a solid car, smooth ride and powerful. The price is very good for the tech you recieve as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got an Optima as a rental car this week. Not sure of exactly the year, but I'd lookout for the blind spots caused by the rear windows...it seems pretty rough. Other than that, it is a decent vehicle. I was getting nearly 34 mpg highway today even pushing 75-80 most of the day.

Pretty much every review I've read or watched has talked about the amount of tech in the car even at lower trim levels. I did see a few mention the concern with the rear blind spots as well, which is good to know about. At anywhere from $15.5k-$18k from the dealer for a '13 with less than 15k miles, it seems to me to be a fantastic bargain in that class of car. I'm planning on visiting a few dealerships just to check them out up close, I think if I went that way that price would get me a great car but also would let me & the wife know it'd pretty much be paid off when she gets a new car in 2 years.

Pretty much every review I've read or watched has talked about the amount of tech in the car even at lower trim levels. I did see a few mention the concern with the rear blind spots as well, which is good to know about. At anywhere from $15.5k-$18k from the dealer for a '13 with less than 15k miles, it seems to me to be a fantastic bargain in that class of car. I'm planning on visiting a few dealerships just to check them out up close, I think if I went that way that price would get me a great car but also would let me & the wife know it'd pretty much be paid off when she gets a new car in 2 years.
I have a 15sx turbo and the blind spots are my only complaint about the car. Tons of room with a car seat in the back, large trunk (3 golf bags should fit easily), and i didnt go for the L with the huge panoramic sunroof and touchscreen and all that and still have all steering wheel controls, sirius, bluetooth, voice activation, power seats, leather, driver information center, push button start, touch to open and lock door handles, keyless entry,
and anything else you could ask for and it even plays a tune for you when you start and stop the car. And even messing around with the turbo and getting on it i am at 21-22 in the city and high 30's on the hwy.

I was one of those poor souls that had the sunroof blowout with our Optima when it first came out. My son opened the back window at 70mph and there was a horrible pressure inside and in a few seconds, there was an explosion. Even after they fixed it, putting down a rear window at speed caused a horrible oscillating pressure inside the car.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I was one of those poor souls that had the sunroof blowout with our Optima when it first came out. My son opened the back window at 70mph and there was a horrible pressure inside and in a few seconds, there was an explosion. Even after they fixed it, putting down a rear window at speed caused a horrible oscillating pressure inside the car.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
I have had this in most of my cars. My last SUV was the worst! My Subaru before that had it pretty bad too it would almost make my ears pop.

I'm not a fan of sunroofs at all. I had them on my Golf and my first Saturn, both leaked. I've avoided them ever since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As soon as the paperwork I'm waiting on that says my child support order has expired. I am buying a White Chevrolet SS with 6.2L V8 430 hp. Gonna black a few things out on it too. It's gonna be a bad mamma jamma! I'm excited. Pics to come once I get it.

As soon as the paperwork I'm waiting on that says my child support order has expired. I am buying a White Chevrolet SS with 6.2L V8 430 hp. Gonna black a few things out on it too. It's gonna be a bad mamma jamma! I'm excited. Pics to come once I get it.

Not the red one you posted pics of on Facebook? I thought that looked outstanding!

Not the red one you posted pics of on Facebook? I thought that looked outstanding!

Nope. I've decided I want white. I will tint the windows. Black out the side port and bow ties. As well has have the spoiler painted black. And possibly do black fender slashes on the drivers side only.

Nope. I've decided I want white. I will tint the windows. Black out the side port and bow ties. As well has have the spoiler painted black. And possibly do black fender slashes on the drivers side only.

Nice touches for sure!

Had a guy trade in his 2013 Mustang GT500 with only 7909 miles on it, this last Friday afternoon. Has almost every bell on it. Track Pack, Performance Pack, Nav., the works. Black with white stripes and black rims. Just needs some tint and the white stripes removed for Matte black stripes instead. It sounds amazing!

$55000 if anyone's interested! lol

Bought my wife a 2016 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring for Mother's Day.. I really like it for a smaller SUV. 29 MPG/City and 35 MPG/highway.

Bought my wife a 2016 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring for Mother's Day.. I really like it for a smaller SUV. 29 MPG/City and 35 MPG/highway.

I love mine. Rides awesome and super comfortable.

I love mine. Rides awesome and super comfortable.

We've only had it a few days and yes, it rides really really well. She had a Mazda 6 prior to this and the CX5 rides WAYYYYYY better and is way more comfortable.

We've only had it a few days and yes, it rides really really well. She had a Mazda 6 prior to this and the CX5 rides WAYYYYYY better and is way more comfortable.

My sister has had her CX5 for 6 months/13,000 miles and loves it. She is averaging 26 mpg. I drive a company car, currently a 2014 Ford Edge which is not bad for a company car but I'm looking forward to ordering a new one in the fall because Ford has completely redone the 2015's inside and out.

I've been going back and forth with this one with the dealership. I think I'm pulling the trigger at the end of the month

b41d78a23349656b2d95d590bfdbf598.jpg

7f9c87b8680c12db6fab065f4f48530e.jpg

372e9e4c8d0147b54dfe56d7bfb3ce6d.jpg

What year Mazda 6?

I've been going back and forth with this one with the dealership. I think I'm pulling the trigger at the end of the month

b41d78a23349656b2d95d590bfdbf598.jpg

7f9c87b8680c12db6fab065f4f48530e.jpg

372e9e4c8d0147b54dfe56d7bfb3ce6d.jpg
Do you need to roll the mods into the loan? Typically they can be done much more affordably after purchase.

Do you need to roll the mods into the loan? Typically they can be done much more affordably after purchase.

Don't need to roll the mods into the loan, but configured as is saves me having to do it after the fact. The price is pretty reasonable compared to what I've shopped around and not that much different.

Right now I'm trying to get it under $37k and that's the sticking point with the dealership. I'm trying to stick to my budget/financing that I'm already approved for.

Don't need to roll the mods into the loan, but configured as is saves me having to do it after the fact. The price is pretty reasonable compared to what I've shopped around and not that much different.

Right now I'm trying to get it under $37k and that's the sticking point with the dealership. I'm trying to stick to my budget/financing that I'm already approved for.
Very cool man, it would certainly be convenient to have them done already if they aren't jacking up prices. Are those fuel rims and pro comp tires?

Very cool man, it would certainly be convenient to have them done already if they aren't jacking up prices. Are those fuel rims and pro comp tires?

Fuel rims with Nitto's if I remember correctly

Nice. The Chevy 6.2L is serious business.

Nice touches for sure!

Had a guy trade in his 2013 Mustang GT500 with only 7909 miles on it, this last Friday afternoon. Has almost every bell on it. Track Pack, Performance Pack, Nav., the works. Black with white stripes and black rims. Just needs some tint and the white stripes removed for Matte black stripes instead. It sounds amazing!

$55000 if anyone's interested! lol

I am!!!!!!

Still taking my time and looking around, one thing I've noticed is that what dealerships consider low mileage on a 1 or 2 year old used car isn't what I'd think it would be. To me, low mileage on a 2014 is around 15k or so. I'm seeing cars with 25k+ being advertised as low miles. It's been 9+ years since my wife and I bought our cars, I know build quality has gotten a lot better across all brands and some makes like Toyota are well known for hitting 200k miles easily (I think my brother's 2003 Camry is over 225k miles at this point), but it feels weird thinking that a 1 yr old car is low mileage (and priced accordingly) with well over 20k miles on it.

Still taking my time and looking around, one thing I've noticed is that what dealerships consider low mileage on a 1 or 2 year old used car isn't what I'd think it would be. To me, low mileage on a 2014 is around 15k or so. I'm seeing cars with 25k+ being advertised as low miles. It's been 9+ years since my wife and I bought our cars, I know build quality has gotten a lot better across all brands and some makes like Toyota are well known for hitting 200k miles easily (I think my brother's 2003 Camry is over 225k miles at this point), but it feels weird thinking that a 1 yr old car is low mileage (and priced accordingly) with well over 20k miles on it.
Yeah that definitely isn't low mileage. I have 30k on my 14 and I consider it very high mileage

Yeah that definitely isn't low mileage. I have 30k on my 14 and I consider it very high mileage

Good to know I'm not alone on this. It'd be one thing if the higher mileage cars were priced accordingly (we have a lot of commuters where I live that drive to Boston or Providence each day, so lots of highway miles), but cars in the same model/trim are priced the same as those with 12k+ less miles on them. It'll be interesting once I find one I like and start the buying process.

Back