The Car Shopping Thread

They get pretty bad mileage from what I hear. I had a dodge suv and that is the first and last dodge product i will own. That thing was held together by elmers paste it felt like.
Sounds like my GMC. As soon as it hit 120,000 km/5 years old it started to just disintegrate before my eyes.

Kind of they did this back in the 80's with the Thunderbird and Mustang with the SVO 4cyl turbo. I think its cool but still a Mustang or Camaro with anything other than a V8 just isn't what I would think of.

I get what you're saying, but 270 HP (in the Camaro) can still get you in trouble with Johnny Law pretty quickly.

I get what you're saying, but 270 HP (in the Camaro) can still get you in trouble with Johnny Law pretty quickly.
Ohh I agree the turbo 4cyl have some good power but if I am buying a muscle car I am wanting that cammed v8 sound.

The Car Shopping Thread

doesnt matter

Lot of things can cause that unfortunately .

Bad fan clutch . Evap core freezing up due to low charge/expansion valve/orifice tube Could be a bad Evap temp sensor.

Unfortunately without hooking up a set of gauges and or a scan tool it will be pretty hard for me to help .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is an update for you guys following along. The process has been delayed a bit because of timing. Window tint getting done on Tues. at 9:30 am. Side vents weren't delivered yet but getting installed on Tues. as well. In 2 weeks from now Spoiler and emblems painted. Then wheels...

Thoughts by anyone on the Subaru WRX? I think I need to be more practical payment wise than I originally intended...

Looking for a spirited sedan.

Thoughts by anyone on the Subaru WRX? I think I need to be more practical payment wise than I originally intended...

I had an 05 Impreza and loved it. maintenance can get a bit on the $$$$ side since tires have to all be done at the same time, and working on a boxer engine takes more time. They are reliable and hold their value really well though.

I had an 05 Impreza and loved it. maintenance can get a bit on the $$$$ side since tires have to all be done at the same time, and working on a boxer engine takes more time. They are reliable and hold their value really well though.

Cool. My uncle swears by Subarus. He's never bought anything other than an Outback my entire life. Ponder mode!

Ohh they are really really safe too. I got tboned by a lady in a chrysler 300 going 45 when she ran a red light and my car took it like a champ.

Its a Subaru So you will fall in love with it. Personally Subaru is all I Own and all I will own in the future. Love them. And if you are looking at a WRX you are going to have a blast driving it, not to mention the AWD is a blast in the winter, can you say controlled slides through empty parking lots all winter long. As long as you own a Subaru you will have a huge smile on your face every time you drive it. I am actually just getting ready to leave work to go pull my summer Subaru out for the year.

Its a Subaru So you will fall in love with it. Personally Subaru is all I Own and all I will own in the future. Love them. And if you are looking at a WRX you are going to have a blast driving it, not to mention the AWD is a blast in the winter, can you say controlled slides through empty parking lots all winter long. As long as you own a Subaru you will have a huge smile on your face every time you drive it. I am actually just getting ready to leave work to go pull my summer Subaru out for the year.

Yeah, there's just something about them I dig. I'm in South Florida so the AWD isn't super important although it can provide significant safety benefits in the rain, which is half our year.

Do not know if anyone would know this or not...

My wife's grandfather has a couple goodies for cars that he is looking to sell. He bought them cause he liked them, but wants to sell them now. Does anyone know the best place to sell cars besides autotrader, craigslist and stuff like that? His are pretty "rare" and stuff, so I was not sure where to begin in regards to selling them.

2012 Ford Mustage Shelby Cobra GT500 with 10K miles.
1955 Ford Thunderbird Hard top Convertible with 17K miles.

My wife's grandfather has a couple goodies for cars that he is looking to sell. He bought them cause he liked them, but wants to sell them now. Does anyone know the best place to sell cars besides autotrader, craigslist and stuff like that? His are pretty "rare" and stuff, so I was not sure where to begin in regards to selling them.

I would think cars like those would do well at something like the Barret-Jackson Auto Auction or various dealers that deal in rare/exotic/vintage cars.

I would think cars like those would do well at something like the Barret-Jackson Auto Auction or various dealers that deal in rare/exotic/vintage cars.

The TBird probably, but the GT500 isn't really rare at all, it's just a good low mileage car.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Best bet for the thunder chicken is either going to be an auction house or someone locally who specializes in classics.

They know all the people and what they are looking for for.

Problems you're going to pay a hefty commission.

The TBird probably, but the GT500 isn't really rare at all, it's just a good low mileage car.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Exactly my thought in regards to the TBird.

I was floored when I looked at the KBB value of the Mustang.

Volkswagen CC 2.0T

Pretty sure the wife is going to want to go car shopping soon. For some reason, she wants a Mazda 6. I've never owned, or driven a mazda, so i have no idea if they're decent...

Pretty sure the wife is going to want to go car shopping soon. For some reason, she wants a Mazda 6. I've never owned, or driven a mazda, so i have no idea if they're decent...
The older ones had some issues but the new ones seem to be solid, and they look pretty cool

We had a Ford Fusion as a rental down in Florida over the winter and that car was solid. Put on a couple hundred miles over the weekend and i enjoyed driving that.

I would personally never own one and here is why.

There is one dealership within like 200 miles of here and they are awful.

They are ridiculously expensive to fix and aftermarket parts don't really exist. The dealership here places an order once a week so if you get on the wrong side of that you won't have your parts for a week.

This is regional other dealers' may work differently I don't know.

People that drive them seem to love them until something breaks, but that can be said by just about any car.

I've never owned one so I can't really comment on that experience , but the repair side is a nightmare .

Back