The Car Shopping Thread

I went through this process a couple months ago.

I, too, liked the I4 from BMW. But the Model Y for $49K - $7500 tax credit for a net $41,500 was a no brainer as far as value is concerned. Took it on long road trip from NC to Maine, charging was a breeze with the Tesla charging network and the built in locating software.

Tesla has the electric vehicle process nailed down. Everyone else is chasing.

Also, I could not find any I4's for $60K. They were all closer to $70K, and the dealers were not dealing because inventory was very limited. That is a massive price delta.

Tesla is definitely great at a lot of things. Build quality and comfort are not one of them.

The issue is availability. Earliest I could get one is 60 days out and thats only if accept one already built waiting at the port. If I wanted all the options I wanted it was a 120 day wait to get one built.

Ended up getting an Q8 etron. Dealer took 14K off of the sticker price on a 2024 model so signed the agreement on Friday.

Q8 etron.
Nice. Can't wait to hear your review in 3 months after you take delivery. Like the overall cost its going to cost you at home, driving experience, mileage capable on a full charge at highway speed. When we had or model S with a 100 kWh battery with a level 2 charger at home, it cost us about $17.41 per 95% charge. Enjoy

I went through this process a couple months ago.

I, too, liked the I4 from BMW. But the Model Y for $49K - $7500 tax credit for a net $41,500 was a no brainer as far as value is concerned. Took it on long road trip from NC to Maine, charging was a breeze with the Tesla charging network and the built in locating software.

Tesla has the electric vehicle process nailed down. Everyone else is chasing.

Also, I could not find any I4's for $60K. They were all closer to $70K, and the dealers were not dealing because inventory was very limited. That is a massive price delta.
Think @Ryancolts1988 has one of those....

Trekked through the storm to go pick up my maverick
View attachment 9206829

Ordered up some tailgate letters and mud flaps, then just need floor mats

Tonneau cover, tinted windows, and ceramic coating will be first mods added
Looks great! I got the same trim and color.

Looks great! I got the same trim and color.
Twins Twinning GIF

TAKE MY MONEY

I need a cheap reliable used car for a teenager. This should be easy...

Lol. That’s where I am right now. Trying to sell the enormous Buick to use as down payment to get her into something a little easier to drive.
But used car buying is bonkers right now.

Anyone ever used Costco car buying service? If so how did it go.

Twice, once to buy a VW and once to buy an Audi. It worked out great both times since Costco already sets the price they can sell to you and you still qualify for any rebates/incentives.

Anyone ever used Costco car buying service? If so how did it go.
Have used it twice, but they were never the lowest price and once the dealer they partnered with was full of ****. Next time I’m in the market, I will definitely check it out again. It does simplify the process.

There is a local 2012 cts v wagon with 52k original miles for under 40k for sale. I need to not make a terrible financial decision right now.

There is a local 2012 cts v wagon with 52k original miles for under 40k for sale. I need to not make a terrible financial decision right now.
Whatever you do, don't get one and port the blower and change the pulleys to add more boost.

1995 Toyota Corolla. Your teenager will love it. It's in the Radwood Era.

1695783777954.png

I had a 93 and it wouldn't die
It was a good year for cars.. my 93 civic is still on the road and over 400k miles (I no longer own it)

IMG_6265.jpeg

Picked up a 2023 Yukon SLT for my wife yesterday!

Ended up getting a Camry. Nothing sexy about it. But it just makes sense. The best mix of mileage/comfort we could think of. It’s not a commuter car but we take lots of road trips.
We decided to keep the trade in. We are going to try to sell it private ( they offered us $500). I’d rather sell it and have cash on hand. It didn’t do anything to help on payment.

My wife wants me to get a truck and trade in our 17 year old car.

Twist my arm, I guess it's shopping time.
What are you thinking? I love my Silverado.

The Tesla X is ordered. Couldn't talk the wife into the plaid though. :LOL:

The X and S are plenty fast in standard configuration. Car and Driver tested the non-Plaid Model X at 3.3 seconds 0-60mph recently. I have a Model S and the acceleration still puts a smile on my face after 8 years of driving it. You will love your Model X.

Back