The Car Shopping Thread

Have you looked at the Chevy Colorado or GMC Canyon? I highly suggest taking a test drive.
The Chevy yes, not the GMC. The midsize trucks are more tempting at this point. My uncle is the gm at a ford dealership close to my job, so the ranger is a good starting point, but will add these to the mix.

The other dealership under their umbrella has this siiiiick ram rebel I'd love, but likely a bit out of my range
4.jpg

Will all have to wait until my refinance is done though

Planning to order the LR later this year. Waiting to see if there are any tweaks coming out after Battery Day. Thought about the Performance, but acceleration wise the LR is already faster than the performance level of the other cars I was considering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Planning to order the LR later this year. Waiting to see if there are any tweaks coming out after Battery Day. Thought about the Performance, but acceleration wise the LR is already faster than the performance level of the other cars I was considering.

I’m considering trading in my 2015 Model S 85D for a new Model S 100D but am waiting to see if Tesla is going to make some major changes to the Model S for 2021. The body and interior are basically unchanged since 2012 other than a new front bumper in 2016 and I’m guessing that some major changes are coming in the next 12 months. I’ve had some serious battery degradation at 101,000 miles that is not a big deal now that it is warm but when it gets cold in November my range between charges will be limited to only about 140 miles during the winter. The new Model S has a 391 mile range that would give me about 335 real world miles during the summer and 255 miles during the coldest parts of the MN winter.

I’m considering trading in my 2015 Model S 85D for a new Model S 100D but am waiting to see if Tesla is going to make some major changes to the Model S for 2021. The body and interior are basically unchanged since 2012 other than a new front bumper in 2016 and I’m guessing that some major changes are coming in the next 12 months. I’ve had some serious battery degradation at 101,000 miles that is not a big deal now that it is warm but when it gets cold in November my range between charges will be limited to only about 140 miles during the winter. The new Model S has a 391 mile range that would give me about 335 real world miles during the summer and 255 miles during the coldest parts of the MN winter.

That range is the one thing I hope they move closer to with the 3 or Y. Well that and adding ludicrous mode.

Wife is encouraging me to get a truck to be able to have some capacity for hauling stuff, even as rare or infrequent as it is. It was mentioned previously a nissan titan XD which I've checked out, but any other suggestions?

Most important are fuel efficiency (30 mi each way to work) and crew cab, I don't have a need for a large bed or ability to tow. I'm kind of thinking of waiting for ford rangers to come off lease?
Toyota Tacoma. That's my wife's dream car (ah truck). Yeah, you heard that right.

I bought a new car last week and I'm having an absolute blast with it. I'm such a sucker for the rumble of a healthy V8.
20200525_153111.jpg

What do we think about the direction BMW is heading?

View attachment 8947150

Not a fan of the new front facia. Simple and old school are best. Maybe just a performance model?

Those that are shopping now, are you treated like Kings? Car sales are down 22% or more depending on brands. Any insane deals?

Have to imagine a happy sales rep seeing customers during this time.

I work in the car business so if anyone has any questions, feel free to reach out.

Just want to reiterate for those who may not have seen. I'm here to help if you need it. 💪

2020- got the 2.0 and here she isView attachment 8947247

sorry for the poor pic... didn't really have much time this evening to do a photo shoot.

Very nice! if you plan to keep it for the long haul, service the transmission fluid no matter what honda says. 30K first service and every 15K after that. I had my Mazda serviced and the fluid was already dark at 30K but mazda does not specify a service interval. This is so they can claim "low maintenance" on paper...

Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram

I work for a dealer group that has 15 brands so I can sell just about anything, but Jeep & Ram is my specialty.
Hmmm any in Columbus?

Since our turd GMC Sierra is trying very hard to make me hate it more than I already do...I may be in the market soon.
Wife wants a Palisade or Telluride which look pretty nice - but I'm not sure I'm emotionally ready to drive the big ol' soccer mom mobile around. I'd much rather a Ram 1500 Crew Cab but daammmmmn when did half ton grocery getters get so expensive?

LR. I never used the power of the S in the crowded streets here so I saw no need to upgrade but if I lived somewhere else I would have been all over the performance upgrades

Did you take delivery yet? I am picking up mine tomorrow.

Did you take delivery yet? I am picking up mine tomorrow.
Haha nope. My luck with Tesla delivery being on time is atrocious - this is 0 for 3. They haven’t even started building mine.

Time to start looking for a car for my son can’t believe he will be 16 in January. Looking at things like used optima, civic Camry Altima etc.
He wants a Jeep I told him not a chance

Back