The Cleveland Launcher XL Halo Hy-Wood

OMGosh! I've played about 4 rounds with my HyWood and had inconsistency with it. Choked up about an inch and BoOM! Success. Hit two par 3 tee shots 180yds+ into 20-25mph winds with one landing 2 feet from the pin and rolling out about 10 feet. Off the fairway I draw it.
Yep. Choking down is the key! Crazy but true!

Smoked this thing today 223 yards from a side hill lie to reach a par 5 in two. Just one of the reasons I took a flyer on this club. Missed the 10 foot eagle putt but enjoyed the tap in Birdie. Hy-Wood for the win!

Still loving this club! Every time I pull it I'm excited to have it in my hands. I put a real velocore shaft in it and it just works. Wonderful to have such an easy to hit dependable club like this.

This club is so freaking good. Took it out cold for a quick evening round and it was money. Easy to elevate, on a rope, and I haven’t looked at distance but it felt fast.

Maybe one more chorus to the other voices here will get more to jump on it. If you aren’t currently confident with this spot in your bag getting the hy wood on sale right now would likely be your best purchase of the year.

I’m going to miss this club this year. But until I get my Cobra clubs for the Morgan Cup, the Hy Wood will be in the bag.

I’m going to miss this club this year. But until I get my Cobra clubs for the Morgan Cup, the Hy Wood will be in the bag.
I may bag battle this and the King Tec, but after today I may just give it the spot through Spring

Was reviewing the maiden round and this deserves a bump. It was long high and consistent from the tee, fairway, and rough.

Hy-wood was automatic today on the range. Truly the safest club in my bag.

for those who swapped hywood shafts, what was the shaft of choice?

Fuji Ventus HB velocore for the win. Stable like no other.

In the interest of full disclosure what I built when I pulled the head and reshafted the HyWood was an “Accuracy Build” with mine playing at 40”. So I can’t really comment on the standard stock build. But this club has worked for me and keeps finding it’s way back in my bag as a 5W replacement.
I see a lot of you are choking down or playing a short build, I feel like a trendsetter.

Listed in my signature.

How is the swingweight with the new shaft? Part of me wants to work with my fitter to find the optimal fit like we did with my driver. Part of me doesn't want to mess with whatever voodoo Cleveland did to make a light shaft club that works so well.

I may bag battle this and the King Tec, but after today I may just give it the spot through Spring
I'm thinking similar, if TEEm Tour Edge gets to review fairways this year I might go with a 5-wood to see if it can kick the Hy-Wood out of the bag.

How is the swingweight with the new shaft? Part of me wants to work with my fitter to find the optimal fit like we did with my driver. Part of me doesn't want to mess with whatever voodoo Cleveland did to make a light shaft club that works so well.
I think it came in at D2 after the rebuild.

Hy-wood was automatic today on the range. Truly the safest club in my bag.
I wish they made a 3W 15* Hy-Wood instead of the Launcher 3W which is just a low screamer off the deck.

I wish they made a 3W 15* Hy-Wood instead of the Launcher 3W which is just a low screamer off the deck.

I find the 3wood to be super easy to get airborne.🤷‍♂️

I find the 3wood to be super easy to get airborne.🤷‍♂️
Nope, it's nothing like the Hy-wood for me, glad it works for you.(y) I gotta wonder if their fairway woods were so easy to get airborne why did they manufacture the Hy-wood?🤷‍♂️

Nope, it's nothing like the Hy-wood for me, glad it works for you.(y) I gotta wonder if their fairway woods were so easy to get airborne why did they manufacture the Hy-wood?🤷‍♂️
All I know is I'm a fan.

Has anyone tried the 3, 4 or 5 hybrid? Does it have the same feel as a hy-wood or a different club?

Has anyone tried the 3, 4 or 5 hybrid? Does it have the same feel as a hy-wood or a different club?
I have the 3 and 4 hybrids. The 4 hybrid might be the easiest club I’ve ever used. It’s a genuine cheat code

The hy-wood is so easy to launch. Fought a high wind today but pulled this on a downwind hole. Shotscope had it sent 281 yards 🤯 For reference, my longest drive last year was 290.

It went high and the wind did the rest!

Hit a tiny ass green (talking 10 paces across maybe) from 210 today. 😍

I've been using thee HyWood more and more past 2-3 weeks and it has become my goto club. There is definitely a break in period but I've been hitting it well both off the tee and fairway/rough.

It's a totally different club.

The Hybrids and Fairways don't have nearly the same COG characteristics and the Hy-Wood has a much heavier head giving it the added distance.

So heavier head weight and lower COG is what makes the Hy-Wood miles apart from their current fairways and hybrids.

Last time out I had one of those drives that you just don't want to talk about, the one I call my Driving Wedge (playing partners actually offered for me to hit another one), but I walked over to my ball, pulled the Hy-Wood, and crushed one down the middle, with a little draw that I rarely get with the long clubs, leaving me a nice little wedge shot to the green. As bad as the drive was, that Hy-Wood shot put a smile on my face that lasted a while. :cool:

Back