The Cleveland Launcher XL Halo Hy-Wood

Any word out on the next generation of Hy-wood and when it'll be released? Cleveland blowing out the Halo line makes it seem like something is imminent.

I love my Hy-wood and 4H... but always curious about the new hotness.

What’s the ball position for this club and would hands be neutral or slightly forward?

The hywood and me are falling on tough times the last few weeks. I can’t figure out why. Still love my Halo 4H. But just can’t get the magic. I can’t figure it out. Low pulls are the order of the day.

Any word out on the next generation of Hy-wood and when it'll be released? Cleveland blowing out the Halo line makes it seem like something is imminent.

I love my Hy-wood and 4H... but always curious about the new hotness.
I hope there is a new version. If not, I'll be buying a backup!

I’m still on the fence whether to make this my tinker club this summer…. It is great as is but could a new shaft make it better 🤔

The hywood and me are falling on tough times the last few weeks. I can’t figure out why. Still love my Halo 4H. But just can’t get the magic. I can’t figure it out. Low pulls are the order of the day.
If you're hitting low shots with a hywood its your swing, that thing is almost impossible to flight low.

The Hy-Wood is getting a break from my bag, as part of TEEm Tour Edge I'm testing the C723 5-Wood, which is also 18*. With just one outing so far, I'm hitting the 5-Wood pretty much as well as the Hy-Wood, and definitely longer. Time will tell how this works out, and it might come down to how the gapping works out with the rest of my bag if I end up hitting both clubs really well. 🤷‍♂️

The Hy-Wood is getting a break from my bag, as part of TEEm Tour Edge I'm testing the C723 5-Wood, which is also 18*. With just one outing so far, I'm hitting the 5-Wood pretty much as well as the Hy-Wood, and definitely longer. Time will tell how this works out, and it might come down to how the gapping works out with the rest of my bag if I end up hitting both clubs really well. 🤷‍♂️

To me, as a Hy-Wood user, I feel like that club might work better with someone who wants to look down at a smaller head, vs someone who likes seeing more real estate in a 5w head.

I'm similarly situated. I just removed the Hy-Wood from my bag and replaced it with the Cobra Aerojet 5W as part of my Morgan Cup bag. I also have only one round in with the 5W but I'm seeing similar results, hitting the ball just as well. The only difference for me is trajectory. The Hy-Wood launches higher for me. We'll see how that plays out as I get more time with the 5W.

To me, as a Hy-Wood user, I feel like that club might work better with someone who wants to look down at a smaller head, vs someone who likes seeing more real estate in a 5w head.
That was one of the reasons I bought the HY-Wood in the first place, I've had a hybrid in that spot for ages, haven't carried a 5-Wood in I can't remember how long. Getting the opportunity to test and review the new TEE Fairways provided an opportunity I couldn't resist to try a 5-Wood again, and so far I'm glad I did. There is always the possibility that both could end up in the bag, the 5-wood is already looking like it will be longer, and being adjustable it could be turned down to 16.5* and kick the 15* Fairway out of the bag.

I might be losing my Hy-Wood this summer as my son is graduating to adult sized clubs. He loves my 4H in the same family which is a legit cheat club. He’ll be better than me in short order so I’ll just game other clubs I have until he gives it back lol

The Hy-wood sounds like dating a stripper. A phenomenal ride while it lasts but destined to be short lived.....

The Hy-wood sounds like dating a stripper. A phenomenal ride while it lasts but destined to be short lived.....
That’s hilarious lol. I think it’s important to not over swing this and the entire line of clubs. The shaft is so light and counterbalanced you need to let it do the work

My clubfitter told me the Hy-wood replacement would be in by Tuesday. So in it's swan song today, it got pulled three times.

First it drilled a perfect tee shot on a par 4 with trouble in driver distance.

On a 212 yard uphill par 3, it landed pin high left of the green for an easy chip.

On the par 5 18th I hit a terrible tee shot. Had to punch out and was 220 out. Stuck it pin high just off the green and got up and down for par.

Because, of course.:confused:

I may be pouring one out for the Hy-wood. My PING G430 5-wood came in this week. It was everything I wanted in the initial shakedown session. I hit 80% of the shots off the deck and it was as good as the vintage days with the Hywood. I don't know if it'll be as good out of the rough.

It's more of a testament to the how good the G430 line is than an indictment of the Hy-wood.

I may be pouring one out for the Hy-wood. My PING G430 5-wood came in this week. It was everything I wanted in the initial shakedown session. I hit 80% of the shots off the deck and it was as good as the vintage days with the Hywood. I don't know if it'll be as good out of the rough.

It's more of a testament to the how good the G430 line is than an indictment of the Hy-wood.

True, but a big price difference though?

I’m still on the fence whether to make this my tinker club this summer…. It is great as is but could a new shaft make it better 🤔
5DF49CC8-5325-494E-8ED6-C25664FE1422.jpeg
Here is the Shot Scope data on my FrankenHyWood that I built, it this helps.

I actually hit mine pretty well today?

I’ve got one on the way been using a five wood but always been a hybrid guy but needed more distance this sounds like in the middle of what I’ve looking for

I’ve got one on the way been using a five wood but always been a hybrid guy but needed more distance this sounds like in the middle of what I’ve looking for

I found it to play maybe a hair slighter than a 5 wood. But it's calling card was being able to hit high long shots from anywhere. When we were hot and heavy, the most beneficial thing was being able to attack green from 220 yards out. My 4H is a reliable 200 yards. Anything over that was hit and hope....with a low percentage of success. The Hy-wood gave me shot.

We'll see how the 5-wood does in replacing it. I am playing today and tomorrow. Both courses will give it an opportunity off the tee and deck.

I'm a bit pot committed to the 5-wood. I'd gotten frustrated with the Hy-wood for. a couple of months. It was the one club in my bag I wasn't hitting well. Even at my lesson. (My instructor had never seen one and asked a few questions about it.)

Then it suddenly came back to life in my round last weekend. Like knowing you're about to break up with a girl, and you have a night together which reminds you why you fell for her in the first place.

Back