The Creek at Hard Labor

claycribbs

Fear the Dolphin Swag!
Reaction score
Handicap
Playing in an event at The Creek at Hard Labor in Rutlage, GA. Anyone ever played it?

Sounds like some place I want to stay away from (I watched scared straight)

I'm sure OG will chime in, but a bunch of us played it last year. Nice place. Would like to go back.
HardLabor113800x449.jpg

HardLabor112531x800.jpg

HardLabor18800x449.jpg

HardLabor17800x450.jpg

HardLabor16800x450.jpg

HardLabor15325x800.jpg

HardLabor14800x491.jpg

HardLabor13800x463.jpg

HardLabor12800x436.jpg

How tough is this bad boy, TOAD?

Played it twice. Not terribly hard. Greens were a tad bumpy/slow last time I played but overall a decent and fair track.

I played it 3 or 4 times one month in 2007 and enjoyed it, at the time it was in good shape for a state course. I was living in Florida at the time and appreciated the elevation changes. If you can I'd suggest playing a practice round as if I recall there is some trouble if you are not hitting it straight and a couple odd holes. Thankfully it is short enough that I didn't have to hit driver a bunch. On #1, which the website shows at 434 I hit 5 or 6 iron off the tee to hit the slot to run down the hill, too much club will run into a hazard and the tee shot is blind. #17? I think pinched so even though it was a longer hole I had to lay it back off the tee a little. Good luck!

Yep, played it a long time ago. I remember one funky hole, I think it is now #1 which used to be #10 or the other way around. Other than that it is an OK course. Their web site warns that the tees are being rebuilt so you will be teeing from temporary tees. It will probably be fun.

Back