The Eagle - Elusive or Regular

According to Game Golf, since February of last year I have....2 eagles.

So they're pretty rare. I know one was a perfectly played driver fade that left me a 8 iron into the green, and I stiffed it. Fun hole at Fort Jackson.

The other was at Ft. Jackson's other course, where I holed out an approach from 99 yards.

Unfortunately, my home course here has long and occasionally uphill par 5's, so reaching in 2 is a challenge. I need to improve my hybrids and woods off the deck as well.

In 40 years of golf, I can only remember perhaps 3. I'd say that counts as elusive.

The most recent one was a 6-iron I thinned the crap out of. It never got more than about 20 feet high, bounced in front of the green, rolled on and in. Didn't realize it until I couldn't find my ball behind the green and looked in the cup.

I've had one. They're elusive for me.

Yet for one HS girl, I've heard her talk to the pro at the range. "I birdied two of the par 5s and eagled the other two." She was working on driver.... and bombing them to the back fence making me realize once again that no matter how long people think I hit that the better high school women can hit the ball a lot further. A lot further.

I have a shorter par 5 island green at my home course. If you get a good drive the green is under 200. So I eagle it probably every 4-5 rounds.
I'm more consistent if I go for an easy birdie on a lay up though.

Sent from my S6 edge

A few a year for the Eagles. If they are gimmick holes I call them birdies. One Double Eagle in my life though. I believe it to be more elusive that an Ace.. My Father In Law has 2 Aces, I have zero. I have 1 Double Eagle, He has zero. He disagrees that DE is more impressive.. Shocking. One of his Aces was 119 yards... My Double Eagle was Driver, 3W, IN THE HOLE.. I still have the ball.

I've come within 6-8 inches of making an Eagle on a Par 3 a couple or three times. :alien:

On the longer holes, I've just had three times where I was putting for Eagle, and haven't made one yet.

Elusive. I had one last year that was a chip in from 30 yards. None the year before.

I probably average 3 eagles a season.

for me its rare, but its more from playing safe. In FL lots of Greens on Par 5's seem to be tucked over water or at least have some carry over water.

In the fall of 2012 I got my first eagle by chipping in on a par 5 with a group of thpers. 3 days later I got my second by sticking a 5 iron to 3 feet. At that point I thought the floodgates had opened.

I still have 2

So elusive that I should be a member of the eagle and not albatross club...only two in my life...but I remember both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hit my first three weeks ago 5th hole on our course over a lake almost drove the green and chipped in for eagle

Steve

I had two this year and it felt like a miracle. Before that I had maybe two over a 6-7 year span. So rare for me.

I believe I witnessed one of those from the middle of the fairway

I believe I witnessed one of those from the middle of the fairway
Amen brother, you did. First hole from about 110 yards out. Won't forget that one anytime soon.

According to my stat tracker I had 10 last year. 100 plus rounds a year so 1 every 10 rounds or so. It does help that a course I play 12 times a year has a 6 par 5, 6 par 4 and 6 par 3 set up.

I have one. I've had maybe 15 true chances since and missed them all with all of them on short par 5s and two really short par 4s. I'd say its pretty elusive.

I got my first one today, but the course was short. It was a Par 5 that was only 417 yards, and that's Par 4 distance at my home courses. But I'll take it. Driver, 5i, 1 putt.

18 handicapper I think I've probably had one a year over the past three years. I may have had two in there somewhere. Often on a par 4 though where I drive the green and make the putt, never on a par 5.

I'm good for 1 or 2 a season, and would gladly trade them in for more birdies.

I made a natural eagle today in a scramble event on a 511 yard par 5. We had a slight tail wind and I was a little lucky that my 35 foot putt hit the center of the hole because it was going 8 feet past if it didn't drop.

I have had 3 ever. And one of those was a hole out from 185 on a par 4 after flubbing my drive.

Never have. Had a few chances but missed the putt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They have proved to be incredibly elusive for me. My golf career has a big gap in it but I still remember every eagle vividly because they happened so rarely. Back in the day I played nearly 20 years and had 6 eagles, and all were 100% luck. I holed an 8 iron for an ace on a par 3, 3 more full 8 irons and a 60 yard pitch on par fours, and a 30 yard sand shot on a par five. That's it, 6 eagles, I might've had 4 or 5 putts for eagle, total, in those 20 years. Then I took nearly 20 years off before taking golf back up again 3.5 years ago. Since I've come back I haven't made a single eagle but the rub is I've had at least a dozen eagle putt attempts in that shorter time window. Things are looking up.

They're elusive!

I see way more Bald Eagles on the course than eagles on my scorecard. I only have one eagle in 6+ years of golf. I usually have a handful of chances for an eagle every year but they usually require big-time putts. The greens on the par 5s at my home course are well protected by water. In addition, the greens are fast so it's tough to get there in 2. Moving up a tee box is an option. Hmmmm....nah.

They are starting to become far more elusive for me. That said my birdies have started to come up and it is a trade off that I personally love.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Back