CONTEST The Golf Ball: 2021 Grandaddy of em All with Callaway Golf

I have been playing the Chrome Soft X but the selection tool says I should go with the Chrome Softs. Maybe I will give those a try again....but of course they will have to be in yellow.
ChromeSoft.jpg

So I've historically played the chrome soft, BUT the new LS is super intriguing.. lets see what I get!

Yuup Chrome Soft it remains!
Screenshot_20210414-112352_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
The only Callaway ball I've played recently is the Chrome Soft Truvis Grandaddy ball, so I'd go with Chrome Soft based on how it worked so well for me.

And the fitting says the same, Chrome Soft.

1618413758555.png

Have fun, and goodluck everyone!

I am currently looking at the chrome soft family as operation lose all my supersoft golf balls is proceeding alarming fast. Based on the ball characteristics and the fact that I lack spin around the green, I was leaning Chrome Soft X; however using Callaway’s online ball selector tool as a 13 handicap with driving distance of 260 and top ball traits being (1) greenside control, (2) straight, and (3) alignment aid - the selector gave me chrome soft triple track golf balls.

I would have gone with the regular Chrome Soft (triple track, of course) but the selector offered me the Chrome Soft X triple track.

I was surprised at their range of selections and the absence of "spin" in any of them. I'll have to give these a shot!

Attachments

• Callaway.png
    Callaway.png
    40.4 KB · Views: 4
Well that’s why these ball fitting tools exist & im happy they do. My ball choice was the Chrome Soft X.
Lone behold the ball fitting tool felt otherwise.
B13A5E7C-D141-4E20-AEC6-1B3070A5A737.jpeg

Interesting. I’ve tried both the X and regular, and I preferred the X. I got better greenside spin and distance than the regular. Survey says?

AFF39421-FF49-411E-93B4-1EA16C36CBAE.jpeg
Means I broke it and the results may be skewed for everyone. You’re welcome, everybody.

My initial thought would be that I would play the Chromesoft X.

After doing the ball fitting took it recommended the:
D617B770-9DBA-4DD2-BDB9-85B4A24FE7E8.jpeg

I have played both Chrome Soft and Chrome Soft X, and Chrome Soft works really well for my game. With that in mind, I used Callaway’s Ball Selector Tool, and:

4ACAA034-4033-4116-B7B7-D41F32D4F129.jpeg
Looks like Callaway’s selector tool agreed with me!!

I've been intrigued by the Chrome soft LS and plan on picking some up to try. I need more distance from the tee box and they may help.
Let's see if the ball selector laughs at me!

I have played both the regular Chrome Soft and Chrome Soft X. My preference has always been the regular Chrome Soft and that is what I selected before hand.

The online tool agreed based on the information I input.

Screenshot 2021-04-14 11.33.20 AM.png

I haven't played any of the Callaway balls lately, but I would think I would use the SuperSoft as a higher HC player that may need some help.

It recommended the ChromeSoft which I would definitely try, especially the Truvis as I love the designs and would like to see how it helped with alignment and just enjoying golf.Screenshot_20210414-113901.png

Last edited:
This is a fun contest. As a former member I want to support the event so I'm playing along.

I picked the Chrome Soft. It has been an all around solid performer. I saw everyone rave about the X and wanted to like the it best but I just couldn't unlock its magic. The ball selector said I should play...

1618414706904.png

Good morning,
I thought I would absolutely be in the chrome soft x camp.

I was in the chrome soft camp. On the good side, I have a lot of those as well.

What a great event, what a great website, this one and Callaway.

In case it's necessary, I am an albatross member as well.

Attachments

• 7FD7F4AB-C046-4B92-B6A0-DFE5362C35BD.png
    7FD7F4AB-C046-4B92-B6A0-DFE5362C35BD.png
    20.1 KB · Views: 1
If I were at the store right now, I would pick the CSX LS. Like Wardy, I play both the regular and the X, but prefer the X around the green and seem to get better distance with it. I know I'm high spin, so I'll probably grab some of the CSX LS next time I pick up golf balls to try them out. Callaway disagrees.

1618415035883.png

And nope, says regular Chrome Soft. Maybe I need to give them more of a chance.
Screenshot_20210414-114311_Chrome.jpg

I haven't played any of the Callaway balls, but I would think I would use the SuperSoft as a higher HC player that may need some help.

It recommended the ChromeSoft which I would definitely try, especially the Truvis as I love the designs and would like to see how it helped with alignment and just enjoying golf.
Good morning,
I thought I would absolutely be in the chrome soft x camp.

I was in the chrome soft camp. On the good side, I have a lot of those as well.

What a great event, what a great website, this one and Callaway.

In case it's necessary, I am an albatross member as well.

Just a quick note. After you attach image, if you click the button that says full image, your picture will enlarge and be placed in line with the post rather than as an attachment.

10:37 am (CST): I'd choose the Chrome Soft just based on how I've hit them over the winter. I like the feel of the ball off the driver and irons. I really like the feel off the putter as well.

10:42 am (CST): I was correct - Chrome Soft was selected for me.
Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 10.42.34 AM.png

What I found interesting is that adjusting the driving distance by 10 yards changed the ball for me to a CSX.

Chrome Soft Triple Track is what I experimented with last year when I was choosing my gamer. It is also what the selector tool chose for this guy.

GDTHP.JPG

I picked CSX. Although I have not tried them yet, I assumed it would fit my game better.

They put me in a regular chromesoft!
Screenshot_20210414-114953_Samsung Internet.jpg

I would select Chrome Soft X LS with Triple Track. I have tried the recommended Chrome Soft ball from the online selector, but I preferred the Chrome Soft X off the tee. CSX seemed to spin a tad much for me and I think CSXLS will be the perfect fit. That said, the online selector had 1. CS 2. CSTT 3. CS yellow as my choices, so I would be foolish not to give those another try. Any ball with Triple Track always has a chance in my bag.2B83FA19-A91F-4F97-9296-FBC01ED7F19B.png

For the Grandaddy, the ball i'd choose to play matches the one the selector determined the best fit for me. Chrome Soft. I've played this ball multiple times and it performs as advertised. I still tend to lose golf balls at to high of a rate for it to be my full time gammer. But I agree this is the best Callaway ball for me.

Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 8.49.37 AM.png

Last edited:
The Chrome soft is my choice as it’s the ball I’m a little familiar with.
Ball selector actually agrees. Got lucky with my choice. Maybe that means lucky in Grandaddy as well. 4C71AD13-6B3E-4DFB-AE8E-DCF00743CD86.png4C71AD13-6B3E-4DFB-AE8E-DCF00743CD86.png

While I love to play different balls from different manufacturers..... This has been and continues to be my go to ball.... ChromeSoft
But a bit surprised cookies it didn’t direct and come up showing Truvis 😜
DCCC06EA-9E34-4132-BFA7-51A8E4FDEBED.png

I normally play Srixon so I said to myself, "I would play Chrome Soft X because I like the word Chrome, I like Soft, and because has X will be better than no X." Callaway said, "You're on the right track but you don't need the X!" Will have to give these a go sometime.Screenshot_20210414-085050_Chrome.jpg

Back