The Golf Ramble Thread

Yesterday I got out for the first round in over a month. No expectations, just really hoping that swing changes had taken hold a bit.

Drove the ball longer and straighter than I ever have, leaving with wedges and short irons into greens. Drove a 230 ish par 3, leaving me a 4 footer for birdie..... which I missed LOL.

Issues with long approaches, but those were two heavenwoods that I shouldn't have hit, and a choked down driver off the tee that was a mistake waiting to happen.

Parred a hole that I had never parred before. GIR on the same hole that I had never ever reached.

Such confidence with long irons, I absolutely love hitting 4/5/6 irons now.

Hit a 3 utility iron to greenside on a tricky par 3 that I am never anywhere close to. Smoked it off the tee and was just shocked how well it was hit.

+11 front nine, with 3 lost balls and 1 drop. Even par on the back after bogeying the 18th lol. Stupid golf. Making me want to walk away on the front, and having me itching for more after the back 9.

I hit a 7 iron way over a 185 yard flag today (neutral wind, downhill by about 3-4 yards on the adjustments).

Pulled my 8 iron and proceeded to be past pin high all three times.

I don't even know who I am anymore.

Canadan;n8906230 said:
I hit a 7 iron way over a 185 yard flag today (neutral wind, downhill by about 3-4 yards on the adjustments).

That's a pounded 5iron for me...

My back and hands need a break, so I told myself I would take a break after the Budget Championship until after our October trip to Disneyland. That lasted one evening because we dropped below 100 today and I had to go chip. So I think my break will be no range sessions and just chipping and putting until after fall break. Of course if my back feels better...

Canadan;n8906263 said:
It's shattering my brain. I've hit it long before, but never anything like this.

...especially not with muscleback irons

X gonna give it to ya

OITW;n8906264 said:
X gonna give it to ya

#DistanceBoosters

6edcfd2aa2136d36be9e38f4c13dce55.png

Canadan;n8906230 said:

Sheesh, that's a big 7 iron. You've got 15 yards in my 7 iron, that'd be a nice little advantage to have.

Canadan;n8906230 said:

When I grow up I want to hit the ball like Canadan… :beat-up:

Met a local PGA pro/regional Titleist staff tech guy today. He was fitting one of the pros on the range at my my local course. If I see all sorts of clubs and shafts and logo cases and a Trackman, good luck keeping me away. We had a nice chat. He also runs an indoor fitting/hitting area here. And then later I was pestering the head and asst. pros who were hiding is their office because, why not, and they are looking to get a Trackman and have an indoor hitting area this winter. I think there is one other indoor hitting area run by yet another PGA pro. Winter golf just changed for me in a huge way.

Filled with winter golf excitement for the first time ever, I scheduled a lesson for tomorrow. I hit over 100 balls on the range today wondering what the heck I was doing wrong. All my good ball striking of late suddenly felt like a distant memory. And then some random brain cell kicked in. I wasn't clearing my hips. Normality resumed. If I keep "coaching" myself, I may die of overhitting before I figure things out.

Last edited:
Hit 12/14 fairways but shot an 85 :arrogant: Ugh. Because...golf.

My clubs are too good for me. I should be playing with a set from Walmart.

Looks like there is a max file size...although I'm not sure what it is yet.

Man, my HS kiddos are really improving this year and it’s pretty amazing to see.

Boys are senior heavy so it’s bittersweet, but the girls (JR’s and a FR will be the top 5) are really getting after it right now with 36/wk walking and a lot of putting and chipping practice. One shot 40 on 9 yesterday and her best tournament score last year was a 104. If I can get the four juniors to realize them shooting high eighties will get us trophies everywhere we go, and some of them some small school looks, we are in business.

Man I suck at golf. I'm a 7 handicap and shot another 85 in a tournament. On the bright side I hit some great shots so I know it's in there but way too many bad ones that killed me. I just need some hardcore practice, and maybe a lesson.

My swing is looking good and video shows a lot of progress - the results aren't always consistent or great but things are coming along! Now if only it would work out more frequently.

I absolutely hate it when I am excited to play golf, yet sore/tired from previous days of activity, and the muscles take forever to get in sync..

Got to stop carrying Cal around on my shoulders all the time haha.. Kid is a beast.

A friend of mine (one of the guys on our team) managed to do himself an injury at the beginning of the week by slicing the end of his finger off at work

He is a flooring fitter and started at a job on Monday morning but only an hour or so into his day his knife slipped and took the end of his finger clean off. He sent me some pictures and there is a very good chance that he will lose the tip of the finger down to the first knuckle as they don't expect the skin graft to take properly (they weren't able to save the bit he sliced off)

Finger - 1.jpgFinger - 2.jpegFinger - 3.jpeg

I have a sudden urge to play a round left handed. Is that weird or do you guys ever think about doing it?

Just played with a 16 year old who hit it 20-30 yards past my good drives. Kid could really play

I have a sudden urge to play a round left handed. Is that weird or do you guys ever think about doing it?

I did it once this year. Used to once in a while as a kid.

It's a blast!

Had a playing lesson last Thursday (riding a cart, btw :cool: ). It was awesome. The course was open, and I was able to hit 4-5 balls at each stop. Working on the swing with a target and pressure of the course took the learning to a new level. There were things about my swing that had not manifest on the range.

Back