The #Grandaddy - Callaway Golf & THP - Details

The thing is, I have no clue what Harry is really saying here. There are so many possibilities.

All original Big Bertha equipment would be awesome

So, these DreamTeam guys are all kinds of excited.

I think Callaway needs to invent a new word for what we are feeling right now.

What do you say, Harry Poppins?

#supercalifragilisticexpialibringit

What's up #DreamTeam!
How's everyone feeling with there game? I can't wait for all of you to experience the finer side of the desert in CA. But don't forget your going to a city that is dam gorgeous for Callaway HQ

The thing is, I have no clue what Harry is really saying here. There are so many possibilities.

I think he is allowing us to take him down with Cally equipment, which is awesome. Going into battle with the same weapons as the zoocrew... Pinch me dude

That is a good point GregDan. Being an internet golfer does have its perks.

Of course it does. I don't even know what Callaway is providing, but I already can hit the 7i 350. Bomb patches galore!!

We talked team uniforms, strategy, format, course set up, etc. Sabella and Finley talked about what the stock in the comfort stations should be. They have some fairly progressive ideas for that one, so that should be outstanding.
!

What is a comfort station? Do they expect to need comforting?

Of course it does. I don't even know what Callaway is providing, but I already can hit the 7i 350. Bomb patches galore!!
The side of your bag will look like a college football helmet in December. A collage of patches!

The side of your bag will look like a college football helmet in December. A collage of patches!

I think when this is over we all will have bags full of patches. Cause we will be earning every single one of them!

#XBombs for everyone!!

I hate that helmet, but like the idea!

All I can say, Harry, is I can't wait! None of us will ever be able to say "thank you" enough to you and Callaway for a truly memorable life event! Cool stuff!

Wanted to make my 2000th post here. Going to be a beyond amazing experience.

Struggled a bit on the front 9 today with a 41. Backed it up with a 38 on the way in for a 79 with a birdie on the last hole.

It's gotten to the point where I'm disappointed with rounds of 79...

#steppingmygameup

After a month away, here we go!
emezu5up.jpg

Well gents, I think you would've been proud of me so far today. Shot an 83 on the National course at Championsgate. Only 1 penalty off the tee and I don't know how. Found a ton of bunkers and 90% of the shots from them were unreal. Putting was off, which is where I usually make up some strokes, so to see an 83 was fantastic. Still got night golf tonight, par 3s are my Achilles heel so we will see how it goes. Overall, about 300 swings today so far and I still feel like I could go more!

Well gents, I think you would've been proud of me so far today. Shot an 83 on the National course at Championsgate. Only 1 penalty off the tee and I don't know how. Found a ton of bunkers and 90% of the shots from them were unreal. Putting was off, which is where I usually make up some strokes, so to see an 83 was fantastic. Still got night golf tonight, par 3s are my Achilles heel so we will see how it goes. Overall, about 300 swings today so far and I still feel like I could go more!

Awesome Tyler! I know when you can keep it in the short stuff you are deadly. Keep at it and things will start rolling in the right direction! Have fun tonight at the par 3 course.

Nice work today boys. Glad to see you playing or practicing.

I switched to the old #7 putter for today's round. Want to start thinking about what type of putter I'll be playing out there. Results weren't bad for not playing a double bend in over a year. Struggled a bit on the three footers, but outside that I was not bad at all.

Afternoon round with dad and brother was postponed, which stunk.

I hit the range instead, and it was my best range session in quite some time. I'm still sticking with the same two swing thoughts (which for me is a rarity -- I'm embarrassed to admit) and my contact is really solid. I'm still an amateur golfer, and there are some misses, but overall the contact is really nice, and I'm putting the ball where I want. The only issue is overswinging. I just need to get myself to trust my swing and realize that the distance is there if I don't swing as hard.

The "play the course" drill on the range is really, really helpful. It just keeps me focused and prevents the "just hitting balls" syndrome. I'm going to keep doing that from here on out. I feel like I can get more solid work in and hit less balls in the process.

My only other concern at this point is keeping up my swing. My game usually has a lot of variance, and there are typically a lot of peaks and troughs. With the added work, I can hopefully keep my game intact for December.

I'm hoping to get out Tuesday morning before work to play. Wife and daughter are gone next weekend, so I should be able to get some more work in. Hopefully, I can get some match play started. I need the work.

Nice work today boys. Glad to see you playing or practicing.

I switched to the old #7 putter for today's round. Want to start thinking about what type of putter I'll be playing out there. Results weren't bad for not playing a double bend in over a year. Struggled a bit on the three footers, but outside that I was not bad at all.

I tried to play 9 yesterday, went bowling earlier in the day and my right hand grip was shot, but I put the #9 back in play and really enjoyed it. I know that's my gamer for awhile.

Had a golftec lesson this morning. Working on the lower body move through the ball. I spoke with my coach about some short term goals that I wanted to focus on. So the next couple of months will be more directed at trusting where I'm at. We're going to take a look at driver swings next week just to make sure it still looks solid, then were going in to flighting of 7 iron through wedges for control. It was a good lesson from the stand point of getting my coach on the same sheet of music as I am. Came home and worked on the drills while watching some football. We had an early dinner, and Matt and I snuck out for a quick walking nine.

During the nine I went in with a couple of things in mind. One to play match play, and two really focus on the mental side of my game. I ended up losing the match o,ay which was a fine because it was more about the feeling of playing on hole at a time. For this I spotted Matt 1 shot per hole, ended up losing 1 down. I shot 39 which was solid for me. My driver was money on the holes that I could use it. Short game was money. On the par 5's I played to a short game number. Which was kind of new for me. Paid off nicely with 2 birdies. Good day of practice and golf today.

I tried to play 9 yesterday, went bowling earlier in the day and my right hand grip was shot, but I put the #9 back in play and really enjoyed it. I know that's my gamer for awhile.
I rolled a bunch of these this weekend. Came away really lkimg the 9style, which is odd for me. I like a center shafted putter normally. But the weighting of the 9 is pretty sweet. The ProType 9 and the Metal X9 felt the best. I checked out the Versa 9s in both WBW and BWB but had a hard time with keeping it square at impact for some reason.

I rolled a bunch of these this weekend. Came away really lkimg the 9style, which is odd for me. I like a center shafted putter normally. But the weighting of the 9 is pretty sweet. The ProType 9 and the Metal X9 felt the best. I checked out the Versa 9s in both WBW and BWB but had a hard time with keeping it square at impact for some reason.

It takes a little time working with the versa to really get comfortable with it. But I find when I go back to a traditional way of sight lines I really miss the Versa. The versa is so simple it works for me. But the other lines are great as well.

Back