TEASER The Grandaddy with Callaway Golf will Return in 2024

I'm curious if past participants think the unfamiliar course or the new to you clubs is the harder obstacle to overcome.

What percentage of Team Callaway's bag is typically the new lineups?

Finley throwing some low key shade for sure lol

I'm curious if past participants think the unfamiliar course or the new to you clubs is the harder obstacle to overcome.

New to you clubs is tough. You get 1 hr to get fit then about 45 mins at the range/putting area to get dialed into yardages. Its definitely an adjustment!

For me not knowing the course was harder but the Clive is a course i probably wouldn’t play well at no matter what being a tighter course.

I hit the clubs great for no really playing in 2 months! I didn’t chip or putt well day 2 but wasn’t expecting much because that’s the first thing I lose during the winter time is my touch.

I'd simply just love it if the grandaddy was closer to actual release dates if at all possible. Bottom line is that I love a lot of Callaway stuff. Specifically drivers, woods, the uw's are my absolute favorite. Then wedges, putters and the older Apex irons. I follow along with the grandaddy and then just wish I knew what specific clubs everyone is talking about. I'm curious and even anxious for the new releases at the end of a canteens year. But we seem to just get a lot of "you guys are going love these clubs when they come out" well.... my mind gets lost in, what clubs? What irons? What's new? By the time they come out and can talk about them, the hype, curiosity and even anxious anticipation has subsided a little.
Getting a huge release day bunch of info and first impressions doesn't get you pumped about the gear? I think the experience for the team to get these presentations and that information a bit ahead of time is helpful to everyone. It turns in to an absolutely special thing for the guys to be learning about it before anyone else, but it also gives them time to formulate actual thoughts and well thought out impressions when the embargo is up instead of just saying how cool the stuff is or like you said, "you'll love it"

Neither.

It’s with standing the Grandaddy. And playing very good competition. While we all want to win. It’s doing THP and Callaway right that putts a layer on “competing”.

Getting new gear, your built abd playing at the greatest place on earth that most of us will ever set foot on. Hosted by amazing people that want us to win abd experience their special place.

Humbling.

Not that high. Since we get things so early. They may have tested it. But stock goes to us abd pros before staff.

My year we got a new driver, wedges and a putter so there wasn't a huge change to clubs. Driver was improved but I played pretty similar (familiar) with the new clubs. I think a new course is harder. Playing new clubs isn't a huge adjustment personally, especially just being fit by some of the best in the world. I don't know for sure though since my experience was a bit different than we got back to this year

I like the idea of mixing up THPers and Callaway. 9 out of 10 have been Callaway victories, with mostly landslides. Something has to give.

While it’s never really about the competition, the blowout losses are a little disheartening. Evening up the playing field can only lead to a more enjoyable experience. I also think some intra-Callaway rivalries could lead to some excitement.

My year we got a new driver, wedges and a putter so there wasn't a huge change to clubs. Driver was improved but I played pretty similar (familiar) with the new clubs. I think a new course is harder. Playing new clubs isn't a huge adjustment personally, especially just being fit by some of the best in the world. I don't know for sure though since my experience was a bit different than we got back to this year
I would say new course over clubs too.

I like the idea of mixing up THPers and Callaway. 9 out of 10 have been Callaway victories, with mostly landslides. Something has to give.

While it’s never really about the competition, the blowout losses are a little disheartening. Evening up the playing field can only lead to a more enjoyable experience. I also think some intra-Callaway rivalries could lead to some excitement.
While the final tally might be, nobody could have viewed the last few years if they followed along live and thought that. Matches were close

Is it next week yet??

Maybe a smaller team? :unsure:
The Grandmama was going to be only 4 people instead of 12 going to Callaway. However, that event got canceled in 2020 and those guys rolled over into 2021 Grandaddy.

Getting a huge release day bunch of info and first impressions doesn't get you pumped about the gear? I think the experience for the team to get these presentations and that information a bit ahead of time is helpful to everyone. It turns in to an absolutely special thing for the guys to be learning about it before anyone else, but it also gives them time to formulate actual thoughts and well thought out impressions when the embargo is up instead of just saying how cool the stuff is or like you said, "you'll love it"
You are correct. I think I'm not expressing myself well. What I'm saying is I follow the Grandaddy and I get pumped for the new driver and things the Grandaddy players get to see and play. But then after the event it slows until the actual release. I'm just wishing I could keep my excitement up as high as it is during and just after the Grandaddy. It's there later, just not as high as it is during the event. Then it gets high again right before the release. Hope that makes sense.

Team THP often gets to play the new lineup even before the Callaway people do.

I think the unfamiliar course & the surreal nature of the experience are a bigger obstacle than the new clubs.

I think the unfamiliar course & the surreal nature of the experience are a bigger obstacle than the new clubs.
This..

Maybe. I would say half the team this year for Callaway hadn’t played the Hideaway.

Handicaps are often made by playing the same course over and over for THPers. It nearly never holds up that way.

I can understand this. The experience is so much more than the golf.

While the final tally might be, nobody could have viewed the last few years if they followed along live and thought that. Matches were close
A lot of 1up matches on Day 1 last year…

I'd simply just love it if the grandaddy was closer to actual release dates if at all possible. Bottom line is that I love a lot of Callaway stuff. Specifically drivers, woods, the uw's are my absolute favorite. Then wedges, putters and the older Apex irons. I follow along with the grandaddy and then just wish I knew what specific clubs everyone is talking about. I'm curious and even anxious for the new releases at the end of a canteens year. But we seem to just get a lot of "you guys are going love these clubs when they come out" well.... my mind gets lost in, what clubs? What irons? What's new? By the time they come out and can talk about them, the hype, curiosity and even anxious anticipation has subsided a little.
I think the REDACTED clubs is a huge part of what makes the Grandaddy so special. The speculation from us, the teases from the guys who have played them. The excitement of the guys when there clubs show up and they get to start posting pictures of them. It doesn’t get any more cool than that.

I think the REDACTED clubs is a huge part of what makes the Grandaddy so special. The speculation from us, the teases from the guys who have played them. The excitement of the guys when there clubs show up and they get to start posting pictures of them. It doesn’t get any more cool than that.
I agree. I was just suggesting possibly a shorter time between. That's all.

We have had chances into singles day a lot of those years, just haven’t converted.

Back