The greatest memorable sport press conferences and quotes

fuffle master

5150 Lunatic Fringe 22’ GRANDADDY
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
There are so many great press conferences where a player said something that just stick with them forever.

Today, 18 years ago Allen Iverson’s famous “practice we’re talking about practice” press conference.

What great conferences do you remember and can’t forget still today?

This one might be more memorable then any other. Who doesn’t say Playoffs? You kidding me, playoffs?

Wasn't a huge Magic fan, but this was such a shocker.

When talking about memorable sports press conferences, the first two that come to mind for me are Tiger's "Hello, World" and the press conference prior to Rocky's fight with Ivan Drago. The excitement in the first and the palpable tension in the second cannot be matched.

Pre-mullet Mike Gundy

Hello!

My time to shine! I love press conferences

1) "IM A MAN... IM 40." Not even close to the best quote in the whole conference. My favorite "Sent to me by a mother...with children"
2) Richard Sherman vs Crabtree- When Erin Andrews goes "Who was talking about you?" She was actually confused. Dont watch Sherman watch Erin.

3) Kevin Borseth U of Michigan WBB.- Starts out by literally throwing a binder of stuff

4) Jim Mora "We couldnt do diddly poo" Much funnier than the playoffs rant IMHO. Playoffs is a one second sound bite

5) The bears are who we thought they were- Classic. The gradual build up in anger is great

Need more Dogs!

Surprised I haven't seen the GOAT (of interview madness) on here yet: Iron Mike.

I'll never forget this:

My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable. And I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!

Surprised I haven't seen the GOAT (of interview madness) on here yet: Iron Mike.

I'll never forget this:

My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable. And I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!

talk about a hype video! UGHHH Let's GO!

You young'uns missed John McKay.

You are here: Home / John McKay Quotes
John McKay Quotes
John McKay’s press conferences after Tampa Bay football games are the stuff of legend. These quotes below reflect that. Enjoy!
Funny John McKay Quotes
When asked about his team’s execution: “I’m in favor of it.”
We didn’t tackle well today but we made up for it by not blocking.
Intensity is a lot of guys that run fast.
We’ve broken down the expansion teams and they’ve averaged winning 2.7 games their first year, which to me is rather difficult. I figured out the 2, but the .7 has got me wondering what the hell is going on.
Emotion is highly overrated in football. My wife Corky is emotional as hell but can’t play football worth a damn.
On his team’s blocking strategy: “Hold when you’re at home and don’t hold when you’re on the road.”

Kickers are like horse manure. They’re all over the place.
If you have everyone back from a team that lost ten games, the experience isn’t too important.

I'll never forget this:

That dude was one bad man that went nuts and somehow turned it all around and people love him again. Not sure why

Jim Mora's is the first one that comes to mind. My wife isn't even a sports fan and any time I say the word 'playoffs', she goes "Playoffs??? Playoffs?!?!?!".

I loved Mike Singletary's rant when he was the HC of the Niners:

There are so many great press conferences where a player said something that just stick with them forever.

Today, 18 years ago Allen Iverson’s famous “practice we’re talking about practice” press conference.

What great conferences do you remember and can’t forget still today?

They’ve been talking about this all day in Philly sports radio. One of my all time favorite press conferences.

So many good ones but this might be my favorite

Just about anything with Ilya Bryzgalov.

Or Gretzky... “I promised Mess I wouldn’t do this...”

Playoffs and Practice. Those two come to mind instantly.

Back