The Grint - World Handicap

I just deleted it from my phone and then went to the app store, it loaded the new version and seems to work fine now.
We aren't in HC season here so it says I have no HC even though I have over 20 scores turned in.
Mine says the same. So I cancelled my old membership and did the new pro and reached out to them to see if they would refund the original $20. We will see.

I only used it for handicap purposes. If I have to pay to do that now, I'll just delete the app.

I was using it to have a handicap among other things, I even paid to to continue at the old price and now after the update it says because I am not in the US I do not comply and I cannot have an handicap. Feeling pretty pissed and ripped off quite frankly. I know it's only $22CDN but I've had it less than a month!
You're not the only one pissed. They charged me for the old pro membership last week and now I had to pay the 40 for the for the new and now it says I don't have a HC when I have a crap ton of scores entered. It tells me I need to do the following:
1. Get a GHIN or input one if I have it
2. Play at least 54 holes.
3. Wait for the next daily update.

I've reached out to them because I would like a refund for the original $20 and also if I just paid $40 why do I have to have a GHIN # when I have the new WHC now? I'm really confused.

You're not the only one pissed. They charged me for the old pro membership last week and now I had to pay the 40 for the for the new and now it says I don't have a HC when I have a crap ton of scores entered. It tells me I need to do the following:
1. Get a GHIN or input one if I have it
2. Play at least 54 holes.
3. Wait for the next daily update.

I've reached out to them because I would like a refund for the original $20 and also if I just paid $40 why do I have to have a GHIN # when I have the new WHC now? I'm really confused.
Would you mind letting me know if you get your refund? I messaged them too and if I can get my money back, I will also ask. Again it's the principle, I go the email about "upgrade now, keep the price blah blah" and yet they made no mention of not actually being able to use the function I am paying for!

Would you mind letting me know if you get your refund? I messaged them too and if I can get my money back, I will also ask. Again it's the principle, I go the email about "upgrade now, keep the price blah blah" and yet they made no mention of not actually being able to use the function I am paying for!
Will do. I paid for the new pro membership but I just think it's crappy if you charge me for a full year a week before you intend it not to work and then request double that for the updated service. Worst case I lost $20 but still pissed about it. Not good customer service.

This may be a stupid question but what is a GHIN and how do I get one? I have been recording my scores on the Grint app and getting a handicap. Now having the same problem saying I need a GHIN??

This may be a stupid question but what is a GHIN and how do I get one? I have been recording my scores on the Grint app and getting a handicap. Now having the same problem saying I need a GHIN??
Here - GHIN Site
"In order to establish and maintain a Handicap Index, a player must be a member of an authorized golf club. Most golf courses, public and private, are authorized. The Allied Golf Association in your area can easily set you up with club in your area, and you can also search for an authorized club by clicking the link below."

This is my confusion because it f you have the new wghc it's supposed to be good.

According to this screenshot of you get the pro membership it covers you. Maybe it just needs time to update. Screenshot_20200116-132132_TheGrint.jpg

I have no Grint Handicap as of this AM. I was a pro member, and don;t have any communication about what is needed to get one.

Kinda disappointing... but not playing golf for three months, so plenty of time to sort this out.
Yep I bought the pro membership because it saves me from having to go to the terminal at our club after a round. Since I never get anything attested it now says no handicap. Looks like a waste of $19. I will just use the clubs system.

What I don't get is the Grint keeps telling me I have no HC and need:
1. A GHIN # - They got that number for me
2. Complete at least 54 holes-- That makes no sense, I have at least 80 scores in since last year (We are only using the last 10 anyway)
3. Wait for next day revision --- Guess I'll check tomorrow

Yep I bought the pro membership because it saves me from having to go to the terminal at our club after a round. Since I never get anything attested it now says no handicap. Looks like a waste of $19. I will just use the clubs system.
So are you saying if we don't get the scores attested we won't have a handicap?

Delete app and reinstall worked just fine for me. Only thing is, I didn't purchase a membership. Not sure I will just yet.

2. Complete at least 54 holes-- That makes no sense, I have at least 80 scores in since last year (We are only using the last 10 anyway)
This is my hopes that it will be good tomorrow.

Yeah WTF is this? I am proud of my 9.3 now I have to start over? I'm just debating whether to keep this app or try USHandicap app that a few friends use.

Yeah WTF is this? I am proud of my 9.3 now I have to start over? I'm just debating whether to keep this app or try USHandicap app that a few friends use.
I will be upset if it doesn't update tonight and I just paid $40. I'll be asking for my money back if that's so.

I swear I'm a pro member already, but it is now not showing my pro member status. :(

I'm thinking of just joining a local club and paying for the GHIN service. Their app looks pretty smooth and at least I'll get a free round out of it.

Ya I'm going to see what happens in a bit, but if not might have to look else where. I will ask for a refund also, but I don't see how to contact them on the website.

Ya I'm going to see what happens in a bit, but if not might have to look else where. I will ask for a refund also, but I don't see how to contact them on the website.
You can only email them unfortunately which is stupid.

You can only email them unfortunately which is stupid.
I'll guarantee that their inbox is overflowing right now. Hell, I sent them a simple message basically saying "See ya". They won't be getting back to anyone any time soon.

the GHIN app wi report into your clubs system As long as the club is GHIN affiliated.

I swear I'm a pro member already, but it is now not showing my pro member status. :(

I'm thinking of just joining a local club and paying for the GHIN service. Their app looks pretty smooth and at least I'll get a free round out of it.
Having used both. The GHIN app is way better. If they both cost money. The GHIN app is the way t go

I hate to hear of all these issues. I was going to test it out to compare to 18Birdies to see what app I wanted to use this year and The Grint was one of the apps I wanted to test. Mainly for the handicap feature. From what I am reading there is no sense and trying it right now. I think I may give Swing U a look. I think that they do a handicap feature as well.

the GHIN app wi report into your clubs system As long as the club is GHIN affiliated.

Having used both. The GHIN app is way better. If they both cost money. The GHIN app is the way t go
Just joined the PGASS local club for $44 with a $20 gift card. That alone is worth it.

Sounds like I will no longer be using Grint, I need to get an official handicap.

I hate to hear of all these issues. I was going to test it out to compare to 18Birdies to see what app I wanted to use this year and The Grint was one of the apps I wanted to test. Mainly for the handicap feature. From what I am reading there is no sense and trying it right now. I think I may give Swing U a look. I think that they do a handicap feature as well.
Are swingU and 18birdies free and updated to the new handicap system?

Back