The Home Renovation Thread

While waiting on some pieces to finish the bathroom, my wife and I put up some storage and a lift system for our hero top this weekend.

These hold so much storage off the floor of the garage and make the garage an actual garage again.

6CA5FB4F-25F6-40F3-B8F3-5F55CB862737.jpeg
149B2BF6-5DA9-4C23-8891-42505B8CCBA0.jpeg
35502822-D665-45D9-9CCB-CE05D53888B2.jpeg

I went with the M

I went with the M12 Fuel because they’re lighter and I got a great deal on a set. I know the M18s are more powerful but the M12s punch well above their weight.
You're absolutely right, the M12 does well. I went with the M18 because it's more power. The only thing that I would change about my choice is I'd change the chuck out on my drill. The keyless chuck tends to loosen up when I'm using it to pre-drill holes. If I'm drilling a few, I've got to tighten it occasionally or the bit tends to start slipping after a bit.

Bar is almost done.

3091B902-4E07-44EC-B190-617BF233C1FB.jpeg

Awesome set up, i wish i had the height in my garage to do this
I agree. I looked at installing that type of shelving in my garage a couple years ago and it was a definite no-go. So now I get to haul stuff in and out of a new shed I built instead!

That's a really nice looking cabinet! Is it hardwired or plug in? Selectable lighting (on/off)?
Plugged but underneath and you can turn on and off. Including by section

Plugged but underneath and you can turn on and off. Including by section
Perfect! It's a really nice piece!

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
Very nicely done with the interior back lighting.

Did you refrigerate the wine racks? Maybe a dual zone for red and white?
We actually have a wine fridge in the tech studio bar, so no. We are also not really drinkers, so it’s more for show haha.

Crappy pegboard removed, one stud sistered up, some insulation replaced, damaged pegboard cut off, crappy pegboard back up. What a thankless job!

Back patio is pretty much done. Back yard was a mess when we moved in. Being all sand, we were limited what we could do, so we just paved it. I don’t know how much sand was removed, but it was in the tons. Hopefully some of that sand will make it to some of the sand traps around here!!!
8A4E1E3C-911B-4D8F-B86B-27FAC2751B52.jpeg
B67BC1EB-4E3B-4FF1-BEF6-28F9674C5B2D.jpeg
6753BAE5-AD0A-43D0-B11B-83DD6CE5C9FC.jpeg
A0EE500F-4549-4788-80D7-8A34CA27A30F.jpeg
2B3B63CF-D921-4E0C-9DAE-E55CDFD4A86D.jpeg
D725EE65-30E8-4460-8963-00DC272057E3.jpeg

Paint it or leave it?
A9839B4B-447E-48B8-AEA7-E4176B9D09A1.jpeg

Thats a pretty intense 💩 brown ... I'd paint it no matter what room it's in haha

You can’t leave that.

it's like looking at my garage. the whole thing is peg board!
Yup the whole side except where I actually keep my tools (of course). Looks like the consensus is to paint! I better not go through all this only to sh*nk a golf ball into all my hard work! 😆

Was that the old owners handy work or yours? I'd rip it out and dry wall it.

I think our remodel is like one of those TV episodes on DYI.

Naturally, there was a leak in the corner of our shower install and now we had water coming into the downstairs kitchen.

Looks like more work to be done.

07CE5A4A-46E7-4272-826C-AA92D9666972.jpeg
4A2D332E-954A-45EC-AB4E-44B8BE9B2206.jpeg

I think our remodel is like one of those TV episodes on DYI.

Naturally, there was a leak in the corner of our shower install and now we had water coming into the downstairs kitchen.

Looks like more work to be done.

View attachment 9005255
View attachment 9005256
This reminds me of when I was flushing drain lines in our bathroom renovation but forgot that I still had the plug in the cleanout from when I was testing the lines for leaks. Had to run downstairs to kill the water and unplug the line. Luckily my wife wasnt home and my dad and I were able to clean it up pretty quickly.

This reminds me of when I was flushing drain lines in our bathroom renovation but forgot that I still had the plug in the cleanout from when I was testing the lines for leaks. Had to run downstairs to kill the water and unplug the line. Luckily my wife wasnt home and my dad and I were able to clean it up pretty quickly.
Of course it was me that somewhat caused the problem or at least how we found out. I moved the shower head away toward the back wall when trying the shower. My wife uses the rain head. But, the water against the wall found a hole and lovely rain water in the kitchen. 😂

Local home improvement center ad arrived Friday. Our deck has cedar boatds. At $2.75/lf, some grades of Trex are now cheaper.

Last edited:
Local home improvement center ad arrived Friday. Our deck has cedar boatds. At $2.75/lf, some grades of Trez are now cheaper.
My brother in law told me this morning that sheets of plywood are easily double what they were late last summer. Doesn't surprise me that some Trex is cheaper!

Soon youre going to have blood-free (like diamonds) certified wood, creating a demand for black market supplies.. then its revealed that the industry is just choking the stock to drive up the prices for the demand #conspiracytheory

But seriously, anyone have any leads on 10x8 resin sheds in their area. There's basically not a single one available around me :mad:

Soon youre going to have blood-free (like diamonds) certified wood, creating a demand for black market supplies.. then its revealed that the industry is just choking the stock to drive up the prices for the demand #conspiracytheory

But seriously, anyone have any leads on 10x8 resin sheds in their area. There's basically not a single one available around me :mad:

I seee what you mean. How far are you willing to travel?

Most HD's say "limited stock" which in my experience means "none." But the Latham, NY store claims they have 7 in stock. Latham is about 10 miles north of Albany, just off the Interstate. IIRC you are in or around Toms River. That's roughly 220 miles one way via the GSP and Thruway. I've been crazy enough to drive 200 miles for something I;ve wanted. so I'm just throwing it out there.

Back