The Home Theater Thread

I'm sorry I found this thread:banghead:. My last 3 houses have had dedicated Theater rooms set up by me. I am currently in an Appt with a 42 inch High Deff using Xfinity supposed High Deff channels (can u say comressed). I am accustomed to OTA true High Deff so the current video is laughable. I never upgraded to 7.1 feeling at my age I'm ok with 5.1. Yes center of TV should be just above eye level with center channel just under TV.
We are downsizing so will likely have tv above Fireplace. I plan on tracking down a mount that can drop tv down in front of fireplace. Of course the wife won't let me pad the walls...Women!!! 😂

We are fortunate to have the sound system built into the ceiling. We have a Denon AVRX2300W Receiver/Amplifier with Klipsch RP240D titanium tweeter mid speaker, and 2 Klipsch speakers in the ceiling above the tv, and 2 ceiling speakers above and behind the viewing couches. Almost forgot, the Klipsch subwoofer. Everything is great except the tv, that I STILL need to upgrade (Panasonic 65 in. plasma).View attachment 9103174
Klipsch, so miss my floor Units. Big base and passive base and horn tweeter in 4 foot unit. Just could not overpower those beasts. But with downsizing some things gotta go. 😢

Your window treatments look like my theater room from the previous owners. Interested in what you end up with. TV specs?
Nice sock.

View attachment 9103171
86” LG Nanocell is what I went with. We like the 70” LG in living room so it made sense. This chair line was added as well. Excuse blankets. They are an octane Dream line of seats

image.jpg

86” LG Nanocell is what I went with. We like the 70” LG in living room so it made sense. This chair line was added as well. Excuse blankets. They are an octane Dream line of seats

View attachment 9103186
Very nice. 86" is a little large for my theater room (16'7" wide, by 12'6" long), so I am searching for a 75ish TV. LG seems to be a good brand (Our refrigerator and washer and dryer) so that is what we are looking for also. Nice couches that look to be 3way adjustable. 👍

Very nice. 86" is a little large for my theater room (16'7" wide, by 12'6" long), so I am searching for a 75ish TV. LG seems to be a good brand (Our refrigerator and washer and dryer) so that is what we are looking for also. Nice couches that look to be 3way adjustable. 👍
My 65 Samsung is 13 years old, thinking about updating to OLED. Any out there have one. Is refresh getting better?

My 65 Samsung is 13 years old, thinking about updating to OLED. Any out there have one. Is refresh getting better?
I do not currently have and OLED, but have researched them a bunch. Most newer TVs have a refresh rate of 120Mhz which is great. OLED TVs have the best black colors on the planet, but that comes at a price. Plus, they tend to burn in, so you can not leave them paused for long, and the brightness is not the best for a bright room. Here is a little diagram to help you decide on TV size:
Screen Sizes for TV.jpg

I do not currently have and OLED, but have researched them a bunch. Most newer TVs have a refresh rate of 120Mhz which is great. OLED TVs have the best black colors on the planet, but that comes at a price. Plus, they tend to burn in, so you can not leave them paused for long, and the brightness is not the best for a bright room. Here is a little diagram to help you decide on TV size:
View attachment 9103198
Did not hear about Burn In on those, thanks for that. I do tend to pause golf and do stuff then come back so will have to do some reading. Yep, have those #s and many more in a binder, but some may not know too big is possible. Also a sound meter can come in handy when balancing speakers, still have my old Tadio Shack model😂

Yes sir, full adjustability and real leather were our criteria. 2 individual with a love seat in the middle

My golf buddy has just bought a home theater company. They design and instal in a lot of properties at Pebble Beach and 17 mile drive. They deal with mostly Tannoy stuff. I’ve already secured mates rates, although I’d still probably need to remortgage the house. I’ve also told him I’ll happily let him kit out my tv room to use it as a demo space LOL.

I am still rocking the same theater setup but with some sales going on this week I should be able to upgrade some of the equipment. The sub will not change from the HSU 15, the fronts will move to the rears and I am going to upgrade my front 3. Not sure with what yet but I will stick with a 5.1.2 setup.

Sub directly behind new theater seats is great placement for this room.

Sun directly behind new theater seats is great placement for this room.
Set up up the theatre area couldn’t have worked out better.

Reactions: JB
Sub directly behind new theater seats is great placement for this room.
What sub are you running?

What sub are you running?
Just my Vizio kit. Same as I have been for a few years. I put it up against so many and always come back to it.

Back