The House Searching / Buying/ Building Thread

Getting closer to being told what the couple who just moved to a retirement village want for their house. It honestly doesn't matter at this point though, we want it, and we plan to keep it off the market.

Built in 1971, 3400+ sq/ft, sits on an almost 3 acre lot, 4 bed and 2.5 bath. WANT.

Will need a lot (read: all) done inside to get it where WE want it, but the potential is limitless. Plus, Amanda agrees we would/could do an outdoor putting/chipping/bunker for me as well as an outbuilding for storage and and a full net/monitor setup.

Just now seeing this. I've got everything crossed for you guys. If it's the one then do everything in your power to get it dude! Good luck buddy!

JM

We've been looking for a home the last few weeks and the inventory here is thin in our price range. It seems like as quick as a house gets listed it gets bought. It may just be time to build.

We've been looking for a home the last few weeks and the inventory here is thin in our price range. It seems like as quick as a house gets listed it gets bought. It may just be time to build.
Sounds like our area. If we put our house on the market today, it would more than likely get multiple offers within an hour of being on the market. We've been in the house 11 years now and have tons of equity in it and got it at a very cheap price relative to the market in 2005 so we are going to make out well.

The good news is that there is that there is not a ton of competition for the next size home we are looking for in this area. We've managed to make this 2 bed / 1 bath home work for 11 years so we've been able to accumulate a very nice down payment for the next house on top of the major equity we have. The bad news is that the homes do not come on the market very often so it's sort of a waiting game.

Like that here as well. It is pretty darn crazy. That said some lots just opened in our neighborhood if you need a spot to build ;)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Sounds like our area. If we put our house on the market today, it would more than likely get multiple offers within an hour of being on the market. We've been in the house 11 years now and have tons of equity in it and got it at a very cheap price relative to the market in 2005 so we are going to make out well.

The good news is that there is that there is not a ton of competition for the next size home we are looking for in this area. We've managed to make this 2 bed / 1 bath home work for 11 years so we've been able to accumulate a very nice down payment for the next house on top of the major equity we have. The bad news is that the homes do not come on the market very often so it's sort of a waiting game.

Good for you dude, we did that when we lived in MD, had a smaller home we got for a song, worked on it and did well on it. One thing we're finding is a lot of old foreclosures are hitting the market and even though they've been somewhat renovated they smell musty and they just feel cold and empty, almost creepy feeling.

Today we're going to look at a couple that have been on the market for a few months, they are at the higher end of our budget but they are pretty nice and have everything we are looking for. Hopefully we find the home.

Like that here as well. It is pretty darn crazy. That said some lots just opened in our neighborhood if you need a spot to build ;)

Man we love the Raleigh area, and it's not of the question if we don't find something here. Is it on a golf course? that's pretty high on my list lol.

We are in the early stages of planning to build a home. We are looking at building a duplex that looks like a single family home. It seems to be a trend nationwide. It will allow us to have a place for my parents to stay a few months out of the year and a possible income property down the road. Tough finding plans for exactly what we are looking for however.

We put an offer in on a 1934 colonial style home towards western NC today, it's been updated quite a bit but still needs some work. It's amazing, .91 acres, 4 bedroom, 3000sq ft and has a room that is going to make an incredible recording studio/home office. Hopefully everything will go ok and we'll get it. It's right at budget for us and will give us the freedom money wise to continue the game of catch up we've been playing the last couple years. Fingers are crossed, it's beautiful.

We put an offer in on a 1934 colonial style home towards western NC today, it's been updated quite a bit but still needs some work. It's amazing, .91 acres, 4 bedroom, 3000sq ft and has a room that is going to make an incredible recording studio/home office. Hopefully everything will go ok and we'll get it. It's right at budget for us and will give us the freedom money wise to continue the game of catch up we've been playing the last couple years.
Best of luck my brother!

We put an offer in on a 1934 colonial style home towards western NC today, it's been updated quite a bit but still needs some work. It's amazing, .91 acres, 4 bedroom, 3000sq ft and has a room that is going to make an incredible recording studio/home office. Hopefully everything will go ok and we'll get it. It's right at budget for us and will give us the freedom money wise to continue the game of catch up we've been playing the last couple years. Fingers are crossed, it's beautiful.
Good luck Marc!

My bride has decided she wants to sell our house and move to the golf course. I'm all about it but do not look forward to going through searching/looking/buying another house right now.

My bride has decided she wants to sell our house and move to the golf course. I'm all about it but do not look forward to going through searching/looking/buying another house right now.

I'm sure you've looked a bit in the metroplex - based on where you are looking the more cash, if not all cash, you can put in the deal the better. The inventory is awful and the prices continue to rise. And think the vast majority of the Toyota, Liberty Mutual, JPMC, and State Farm people haven't gotten here yet

We are strongly considering selling our place this spring and moving into a rental home we have as we will likely move back to North Carolina in 2019 when our youngest is done high school. I don't believe the market will go higher then this spring and I'd like to take my gains off the table.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We got it! Paid a lot of dues since I got sick and it's awesome to work our way back to home ownership, C will have a real home when my time comes and that's the one thing that's been haunting me for a long time.

Congrats marc!

Congrats Marc! Very cool and it sounds like a really cool house.

We got it! Paid a lot of dues since I got sick and it's awesome to work our way back to home ownership, C will have a real home when my time comes and that's the one thing that's been haunting me for a long time.

Congrats Marc!!!!

Congrats Trout. I can't wait to see pictures.

I have the urge to either buy a house that needs work or build! I honestly wish we would've not moved 5 yrs ago.

I have the urge to either buy a house that needs work or build! I honestly wish we would've not moved 5 yrs ago.

U can buy mine

NICE! Congrats Marc if you need anything just let me know glad to help.

Congrats Marc!

Congratulations Marc!! Great looking house.

Back