Fifth-graders admit plot to kill girl who was 'really annoying'

The debate over arming school personnel hasn't touched on what to do if confronted by a 10-year-old student with murderous intent. That staggering possibility hit the citizens of the rural Washington town of Colville on Feb. 7, when two fifth-graders were arrested and confessed to a plot to kill not only a female classmate, but six other children.

Authorities found a semiautomatic handgun, clip and knife in the backpack of one of the boys, who complained that the girl had become rude and "really annoying." Police later overheard the two talking about killing whoever had snitched on them, too. Although children 8-12 are not considered mentally capable of criminal intent under Washington law, the local prosecutor plans to proceed on charges of conspiracy to commit first-degree murder.

http://now.msn.com/fifth-graders-arrested-in-plot-to-kill-classmate/

Texas Dad Accused of Murdering Drunk Driver Who Killed Kids

By RUSSELL GOLDMAN (@GoldmanRussell)
Feb. 12, 2013

A Texas father, who watched a drunk driver strike and kill his two young sons, has been charged with murder after allegedly shooting the driver in the head moments after the accident.

David Barajas, 31, was charged with murder on Monday, more than two months after his sons David Jr., 12, and Caleb, 11, were killed steps from their home on a rural road outside Houston on Dec. 7.

Bond was set at $450,000, police said.

Barajas and his sons were pushing the family's disabled pickup truck toward their home late that night, as the boys' mother and two younger siblings sat inside, according to a police report released by the Brazoria County Sheriff's Department.

They were struck by Jose Banda, 20, the driver of a Chevy Malibu, instantly killing David Jr. and critically injuring Caleb, who later died at a hospital.

"Banda was determined to be intoxicated at the time of the crash," police said in their report.

When cops arrived on the scene, they noticed something else about Banda. He had been shot in the head. But they could not immediately find the murder weapon.

"Investigators recovered a projectile from inside of the vehicle that Jose Banda's was shot in. Investigators were unable to match that projectile to a weapon because no weapons were recovered at the scene," according the sheriff's department.

Witnesses at the scene watched Barajas walk to his home and allegedly retrieve the gun with which he shot Banda, according to a police report. When police searched the home, they found a pistol holster and ammunition, but no firearm.

"Investigators are currently awaiting results of gunshot residue tests which were collected at the scene," police said. On Friday, a grand jury found there was enough evidence that Barajas could be charged.

According to authorities, he does not yet have an attorney.

"It really hurt a lot of us," Jose Roman, a family friend of Barajas, toldABC affiliate KTRK-TV about the death of the boys and the indictment of their father.

The boys, both fans of the Houston Texans, were buried last month. Many of the mourners at their funeral wore Texans jerseys.
But the family of the slain driver believes justice must be done.

"It was an accident. He didn't purposely do that,' Janie Tellez told KTRK. "Whoever did it is getting away with murdering my nephew. He deserves justice."

Linky

That last statement pisses me off! The dude was under age and willingly got behind the wheel!

I couldn't convict the father if I was on the jury! Just no way I could do it!

Fifth-graders admit plot to kill girl who was 'really annoying'

The debate over arming school personnel hasn't touched on what to do if confronted by a 10-year-old student with murderous intent. That staggering possibility hit the citizens of the rural Washington town of Colville on Feb. 7, when two fifth-graders were arrested and confessed to a plot to kill not only a female classmate, but six other children.

Authorities found a semiautomatic handgun, clip and knife in the backpack of one of the boys, who complained that the girl had become rude and "really annoying." Police later overheard the two talking about killing whoever had snitched on them, too. Although children 8-12 are not considered mentally capable of criminal intent under Washington law, the local prosecutor plans to proceed on charges of conspiracy to commit first-degree murder.

http://now.msn.com/fifth-graders-arrested-in-plot-to-kill-classmate/

Seriously what is wrong with children these days? What happened to after school fights?

Seriously what is wrong with children these days? What happened to after school fights?

Parents, lawyers, child services, TV.

In no particular order. It's hard to place blame on the kids, personally I'd go after the parents.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Parents, lawyers, child services, TV.

In no particular order. It's hard to place blame on the kids, personally I'd go after the parents.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

I know but I never ever would of thought about this stuff when I was a kid! Crap likes this scares the crap out of me about having kids.

[h=1]Drunk woman steals 45ft ferry while shouting 'I'm Jack Sparrow'[/h]
A DRUNK has been jailed after she stole a 100-seat ferry and smashed into boats, yelling, “I’m Jack Sparrow! I’m a pirate!”
Alison Whelan, 51, boarded the 45ft Dart Princess with a friend after a two-day bender, where she got drunk on Lambrini and ate poisonous deadly nightshade, which causes hallucinations.
She undid the mooring ropes in the early hours and drifted up a river on the tide, bashing into other boats “like a pinball machine”.
Whelan taunted police, shouting: “What are you going to do now?” and “I believe this is out of your jurisdiction!”
Thirty police, a lifeboat crew, Coastguards and paramedics had to be called.
And when the cops finally arrested her after an hour when the ferry came to rest in calm water, she told them: “We’d have ended up in St Tropez if we hadn’t been caught.”

Brothers celebrate lottery win by blowing up house
By Denise Neil

Related story:
Neighbor: Blast at lottery winners’ duplex ‘shook the whole house’

Two brothers who were celebrating a $75,000 winning lottery ticket by purchasing marijuana and meth accidentally blew up their house on Friday, said Sgt. Bruce Watts of the Wichita Police Department.

The explosion sent one of the brothers – a 27-year-old – to the hospital, where he remains in serious but stable condition with second-degree burns on his hands, arms and chest. The other brother was sent to jail, Watts said.

The brothers were in a house in the 100 block of North Nevada Court, near Douglas and West Street, about 7 p.m. Friday, Watts said. One of the brothers went to the kitchen to refuel the butane torches they planned to use to light their bongs. He emptied a couple of large cans of butane lighter fluid, leaking butane into the air.

“The butane vapor reached the pilot light in the furnace, and as you might expect, ka-boom,” Watts said.

The victim was wearing a lottery T-shirt during the explosion. The victim’s girlfriend loaded him and some children into a car and took him to the Via Christi Hospital on St. Francis emergency room, where she dropped him off and left. Officers went to the house with a warrant, where the other brother ran out, admitting he had marijuana and methamphetamine. He was arrested.

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/2013/02/16/2678987/brothers-celebrate-lottery-win.html#storylink=cpy

Brothers celebrate lottery win by blowing up house
By Denise Neil

Related story:
Neighbor: Blast at lottery winners’ duplex ‘shook the whole house’

Two brothers who were celebrating a $75,000 winning lottery ticket by purchasing marijuana and meth accidentally blew up their house on Friday, said Sgt. Bruce Watts of the Wichita Police Department.

The explosion sent one of the brothers – a 27-year-old – to the hospital, where he remains in serious but stable condition with second-degree burns on his hands, arms and chest. The other brother was sent to jail, Watts said.

The brothers were in a house in the 100 block of North Nevada Court, near Douglas and West Street, about 7 p.m. Friday, Watts said. One of the brothers went to the kitchen to refuel the butane torches they planned to use to light their bongs. He emptied a couple of large cans of butane lighter fluid, leaking butane into the air.

“The butane vapor reached the pilot light in the furnace, and as you might expect, ka-boom,” Watts said.

The victim was wearing a lottery T-shirt during the explosion. The victim’s girlfriend loaded him and some children into a car and took him to the Via Christi Hospital on St. Francis emergency room, where she dropped him off and left. Officers went to the house with a warrant, where the other brother ran out, admitting he had marijuana and methamphetamine. He was arrested.

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/2013/02/16/2678987/brothers-celebrate-lottery-win.html#storylink=cpy

Well so much for their winnings! Looks like at least part of it will be spent on attorneys fees.

Northeast Ohio man claims bird droppings show image of Jesus Christ

BROOKLYN, Ohio - Is it a sign of a possible miracle on the car windshield owned by a northeast Ohio man? See for yourself.The picture was taken by Jim Lawry.

Lawry was in the driveway of his parent's Brooklyn, Ohio, home when he noticed the spot left behind by a passing bird. A closer look gave him quite a surprise and left him amazed. Lawry's son, parents and friends all came out to look. They too were amazed. In an email to NewsChannel5, Lawry said he believed it was some sort of sign and wanted to share.

2013-02-23_17-11-40_439_20130224161833_320_240.JPG

Read more: http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/lo...-droppings-show-image-of-christ#ixzz2LxT52eeM

Someone did something similar around here, and the town made them tear it down, some parents/neighbors though it was dangerous and could fall and kill someone.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Lol, it does remind me of the "Stay Puff Marshmello Man" from Ghost Busters

Hahaha, that's great, Nate!

Saw this one this morning on TV, it happened in Connecticut. She is pretty awesome.

[video=youtube;CNsIYoQ7-gA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNsIYoQ7-gA[/video]

Its raining. In oregon. Go figure.

not much of anything thats interesting lately.

Waitress Handed Her Own Stolen ID By Customer
A woman suspected of writing hundreds of dollars in bad cheques is arrested after handing a stolen driver's licence to its owner.

By Sky News US Team, in New York

A restaurant server has helped put a suspected identity thief behind bars after she was handed her own stolen driver's licence by a customer. Brianna Priddy, who works at an Applebee's restaurant in Lakewood, Colorado, was shocked when the woman presented her identification, which had been stolen weeks earlier during a night out with friends.

Ms Priddy told KUSA-TV: "Four people come in, walk in, sit down. They start ordering drinks. This girl hands me my ID as a fake ID."

Ms Priddy said she tried to remain calm and did not say anything to the customer.

"I handed it back to her and said, 'Sure I'll be right back with your margarita,'" she told the station.

Ms Priddy then went straight to the phone and called police.

"I put on my server smile and tried to take care of them, but I was shaking like crazy," she added.

It marked the end of a horrific few weeks for Ms Priddy, who also had her credit cards stolen and had to endure someone using her identity to write hundreds of dollars in bad cheques. Police spokesman Steve Davis said it is one of the most bizarre cases he has come across in his more than 30 years of service.

"Dumb criminal! That's the first (word) that comes to mind," he said.

In an added twist of irony, Mr Davis said the suspect is 26, old enough to buy a drink with her own identification. Police are not releasing the suspect's name because the case is still under investigation. The woman faces identity theft and criminal impersonation charges. Police said she also was found with narcotics in her possession.

http://news.sky.com/story/1061042/waitress-handed-her-own-stolen-id-by-customer

It's not my local news, but very golf related!
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/golf-...-sinkhole-middle-fairway-152444582--golf.html
[h=1]Illinois golfer falls into a sinkhole in the middle of a fairway[/h]
baconheadshot-jpg_203943.jpg

By Shane Bacon | Devil Ball Golf – 39 minutes ago

Golfmanna.comYou know what's fun? Hitting your drive in the middle of the fairway. You know what isn't fun? Getting penalized for it. Most of the time that means your ball finds a divot, but one Illinois golfer found plenty more trouble out in the middle of a Waterloo, Ill. golf course fairway.
Mark Mihal was playing Annbriar Golf Course, a place he frequents, when ground gave way to the 43-year-old, dropping him 18 feet into the middle of a dirt abyss.
“I was standing in the middle of the fairway,” Mihal told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch on Monday. “Then, all of a sudden, before I knew it, I was underground.”
Immediately Mihal said he thought back to a story of a man that was sleeping when ground gave way and he was never recovered, but after 20 minutes, some rope and help from the course's general manager, he was pulled from the sinkhole and back on solid ground.
The story is just as crazy as it sounds. It was the first time something like this has ever happened at Annbriar Golf Course, a course that Mihal said he plays a lot because it's always in good shape, but it seems he might be avoiding it in the future. Mihal said after the incident that it might be too strange for him to return to the course because of what happened on No. 14, but come on, you're a golfer, we all have horror stories from golf courses! The difference is, most of our bad times end with the word "bogey," not "bon voyage."
I know that golfers normally get a rain check if the round gets washed away, but what's the appropriate response for a man that nearly disappeared in the turf of your track? Free golf for life? His own putting green in his back yard? A miner's helmet?
Lucky for everyone involved, Mihal suffered just a few bruises and a dislocated shoulder.
The full report of the incident is over at Mihal's golf website, golfmanna.com, so check that out for even more in-depth scariness.

Back