The Match II: Tiger Woods & Peyton Manning vs Phil Mickelson & Tom Brady

Well this is exciting! Glad to see it evolve into something more than just a rematch!

was really hoping it would be just the 2 of them again, with additional matches going out ahead of them.

i'll still watch but i'm not looking forward to it as much following this news.

At this point any golf would be appreciated! Peyton is definitely a good addition!

Hopefully more entertaining than the first match. Having Peyton and Phil on opposite teams should create some decent banter.

Looks like they may air it on TNT or another WarnerMedia property according to the article

Article says the exact opposite (emphasis mine):

I stand corrected, I was also following this on Twitter and IG and it was rumored to be a Pay event. I should have put the glasses on and read more clearly.....:unsure:

Booooooooooring... Someone needs to tell these guys that its not 2005 anymore. :rolleyes:

I stand corrected, I was also following this on Twitter and IG and it was rumored to be a Pay event. I should have put the glasses on and read more clearly.....:unsure:

Happens to the best of us. (y);)

Booooooooooring... Someone needs to tell these guys that its not 2005 anymore. :rolleyes:

I'm in the opposite camp, I like different golf formats, this could be entertaining. At least it's a break from the 2019 Valero championship right?

That's cool. I'm not a football fan of either QB but I like Tiger and Phil... Phil moreso because he's a lefty. It would suck to find out it's an April Fool's joke.:cautious:

I am a fan on Manning - I think he's very funny. Brady just has an irritating personality, so I will be rooting for him to hit a few shanks.

I am a fan on Manning - I think he's very funny. Brady just has an irritating personality, so I will be rooting for him to hit a few shanks.

SEE i like this, I am not an NFL fan AT ALL. but ii love the commercials with Manning and Brad Paisley. I think Manning is playing a role and he's not bad at it. He's subtle funny

please let this happen....

I'm in the opposite camp, I like different golf formats, this could be entertaining. At least it's a break from the 2019 Valero championship right?
Very true but they did this already and it was boring. Besides, this is basically a pro-am and it seems like no one cares about pro-ams anymore. Golf is the great equalizer and do you really want to watch Brady and Manning suck at golf?
If they want to do it, at least have athletes who are actually good at golf. Maybe Romo and Steph Curry.

Some good news! This should be very popular given there are no sports to watch. I wonder where they are thinking to hold this.

Looks like they may air it on TNT or another WarnerMedia property according to the article

Article says the exact opposite (emphasis mine):

I would watch on free tv but I wouldn't pay money to watch.

It would be good if there was a second foursome in the mix if it was live so they could cut back and forth. I am a Brady fan but I agree that Manning is very funny. He was awesome when he did SNL.

I'll take any televised golf at this point. I think Manning is a great addition but I can't see Brady bringing any kind of entertainment value to it. I guess he'll bring eyes to the sport which is good but I would like to see someone else other than him.

I would watch on free tv but I wouldn't pay money to watch.

It would be good if there was a second foursome in the mix if it was live so they could cut back and forth. I am a Brady fan but I agree that Manning is very funny. He was awesome when he did SNL.

SNL...that gives me some ideas. Find me some comedians that like golf, and lets watch them play.

SNL...that gives me some ideas. Find me some comedians that like golf, and lets watch them play.
Ray Romano v. Larry the Cable Guy. Hard pass.

they were the only two who immediately came to mind.

I think they should try pairing a new to golf celeb with each of them...granted, it would probably be painful to watch but i'd be entertained.

Very true but they did this already and it was boring. Besides, this is basically a pro-am and it seems like no one cares about pro-ams anymore. Golf is the great equalizer and do you really want to watch Brady and Manning suck at golf?
If they want to do it, at least have athletes who are actually good at golf. Maybe Romo and Steph Curry.
Replace Brady with Michael Jordan. There would be plenty of side bets and trash talking to make it interesting.

I think they should try pairing a new to golf celeb with each of them...granted, it would probably be painful to watch but i'd be entertained.

Hell, Make it 2 foursomes with the QB's two Golfing Celebs and a THP'r for each group....I volunteer

I hope there's a lot more chirping this time around than the last. It felt so painful the last time.

No thanks. No interest in watching anyone other than golfers play golf. No celebrities or athletes please.

Back