The Meltdown - Stay or Go?

I'd

• Stick it out no matter what. Til I'm out of balls.

Votes: 80 63.0%
  • Ride it out until it smooths out.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • Head for the range.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Home. Tomorrow's another day. Wipe it.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I've done it multiple ways and will share which worked when or why.

Votes: 6 4.7%

• Total voters
I've done both. I've rode it out till I started hitting decent shots and kept score. I've rode it out stopping keeping score and hit more than one ball to grind it out and I've walked away completely. I think it just depends on the day and how bad it really is. haha

Finish. Golf is hard, suck it up and learn how to handle adversity.

Yeah stick it out. Its golf. Its better than anything else you could be doing

I'm grinding it out 'til the end if the wheels fall off. Bad golf is still better than no golf, IMO.

I’ve stuck with it and had the game get better. I’ve stuck with it and the game continued to spiral downward. Got to deal with the bad to improve.

The mental game is part of golf. Being able to stick it out is important.

Golf is supposed to be fun. If it isn't, then you're doing it wrong. :)

Keep smiling, keep swinging, and keep going.

Unless the weather is miserable such as rain, cold, or unbearably hot, I'll stick it out. If I have to, I'll do the one-leg drill and hit 7-iron half-swings around the course, picking up whenever I need to. It's just golf.

I voted "Stick it out," but, that was assuming I was playing with others. If I'm playing alone I'm outta there if it's a true meltdown.

I've had it happen twice. Both times I was "My Lord, please let this be over with soon." But, I was playing with others and I didn't want to bum them out. So I stuck it out.
^This^

Getting worked up over a bad golf score is a waste of energy.

Grind it out and laugh at my pathetic self. Usually start hitting solid shots once I stop caring about results.

My dad grilled into me that quitting is not an option. As he said "can't never did anything, try got all kinds of $#!T done"!

Like others have said, I am not good enough at golf to get worked up and quit. I may get pissed at myself but I will always stick it out and try to find the fun that is my true goal for being there.

I stick it out. For a few reasons.

#1. I've never been good at golf. I'm never going to be good at golf. I'm never going to get paid to play. I do it for fun whether it's frustrating or not.

#2. I paid for my round so I'm playing.

#3. My worst day golfing is better than any day working. So I could be at work but I'm golfing instead.:D

I ran out of balls once on the 17th. ☠

Keep playing look for something positive.

Back